The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably sleep for 48 hours after taking care of my kiddos for 7 weeks.:H:H:H:H
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You can do that too. When do they leave? How about booking something that would have at least cost 2 bottles of champagne? A diversion of funds and reward for doing so?
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Whew. Back. Can't even post right now.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;1158687 wrote: Whew. Back. Can't even post right now.
          you just did

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

NoraC;1158644 wrote: RC - I'm really not sure. Kids leaving on Wednesday. Son moving out. All I can think about is how fun it is at the beginning of drinking. I'm thinking about just letting go and laughing and having a couple drinks. I'm forgetting about the aftermath. The 2 bottles of champagne. The waking up with the guilt. The trying to stop again. The look in hubby's eyes.
            Trying to work thru these emotions but I've already decided that the day will be August 13. :upset: Thanks for listening. Must be momentary madness.
            No, Nora, No. Why not sit down and journal about all these emotions and try and work through the confusion that way, rather than focus on what and when you're thinking of drinking. We'll all be here to encourage and support you and love you through the crisis. Oh, and pop that pill before you take another breath.

James 1:14, 15 says : "But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 But then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death."

So, ok, you've been drawn out and enticed by your desire to drink. Don't let that desire become fertile by dwelling on it. Shut out the thought immediately (and take the tabby) or it will grow and grow until you give in to the temptation. Don't let it kill all your wonderful progress, your good conscience and hubby's faith in you.

Love and hugs :h and :l:l
            :h Mish :h
            sigpic
            Never give up...
            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
            Remaining a perpetual possibility
            Only in a world of speculation.
            What might have been and what has been
            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Good morning everyone. It's 3:42 am here in Perth and I'm catching up with you because I just couldn't get to sleep so thought I'd use the time to drop in.
              Vicki, it's Winter here in the SH, and I'm envious of you all NHers talking about aircon and the heat. I'm not a cold weather person at all. Thankfully we have a Mediterranean Climate and don't have the extremes of cold some of you have. Today is going to be a lovely 22 degrees Celcius. We used to go by Fareinheit so I understand the 100 degrees (hahahaha, that's perfect weather for me), but for some reason my brain can't remember how to convert the lower temperatures. Being a Mathemoron doesn't help.
              Actually, I have dyscalcula, which is like dyslexia, only with numbers. I can work things out on paper if I really have to, but I'm sitting in the dark (don't want to disturb my wee birdie), so can't see well enough to do the sums. Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
              I also suffer from osteo-lethargy.

Ruby, I'm pleased you survived the funeral and even had some pleasurable moments catching up with your cousin and the satisfaction of having the little one show up your brother. Makes you wonder who's the child and who's the adult sometimes, doesn't it? That treasure trove sounds fascinating...wish I could be there to look through the collection.

Mama, you poor darling. You sound exhausted. I'm awfully glad you dropped in anyway so I could send extra loves your way.

Fen, is your hideout really called "Tick Hollow" or is that just what you and Mrs Fen have named it? I think it's a fabulous name anyway. Did you ever get the email I sent? I gave up on the photos in the end and just sent off the letter instead.

RC, such a breath of fresh air you are. I don't think I've ever come away from reading your posts without a smile...and I love your photos.

Strawman, welcome. You have certainly had your share of pain with AL, haven't you. Tramadol isn't so very terrible when you compare it with The Beast, and you're having such low doses I think it's by far the lesser of the two evils. I take Baclofen, which has been a miracle drug for me. Initially the SEs were pretty horrible, but once I hit the switch and titrated back down to 100mgs a day, it's like I never had a problem with drinking. You described it very well, how that urge to drink has completely dissipated.

Sunny, fluffy, Rog and everyone else, hang in there and have yourselves a wonderful Saturday.

Love and hugs.
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

Comment

Nora, honey, spill your guts out... talk...talk.. and talk. You know we're here!
                When the kids are gone, is when you sit back, take time for yourself, like RC said, hot bath, nails.. maybe a nice massage..?? There was a massage parlor in OC I used to go to, very professional and quite affordable, back then, that is! But, I?m sure you can find something like that nowadays, where you will be pampered and get the tense off of you. If I were you, I would. You deserve it honey! Take your antabuse with no guilt. I can?t get any medical help here, none that I can trust that is! I?m still looking for a doctor I can trust! So, do what you know works for you. We need to look after ourselves and care about us like we care about our kids and all those we love.

And don?t get me wrong sweet (((((Nora)))))) I?m saying all this, cause I need to hear it too!! I?m the worst here, but do as I say, not as I do!

I know Sunny will agree with me. Right hon?? I love you so much, my sweet Sunny!! Oh, and I think the right spelling is ?quesadillas? and I just love them! My mouth gets watery just thinking about them..! I have missed Mexican food so much! But, what gets me the most, is when I think of those two sweet dog faces looking at you, waiting for you to cook their dinner? !! That is such a beautiful picture!:h:l

Ringing, you are one beautiful lady. I love your pic. Did you say something about wrinkles..?? Oh, honey, they are not wrinkles, they?re expression marks..!! They show who we are! That?s what my Grandma used to say! You?re one beautiful lady, inside and out! And, by the way, I also love the tat on your arm.:h

Rubie sweetie, I absolutely love your pics! What you?ve been up to today? So glad you shared your get together with the ?lost? family..! Aren?t kids an absolute wonder? They just know, don?t they? Love you lots!

Vicki, I?m so happy you?re not hurting honey! Can?t wait to hear for what the doc has to say on the 15th when you have your appointment.:l

Mish, so good to see you here posting. Thank you for sharing your words of wisdom.

Grateful, sending love and hugs to you.

Where?s my Fen today? I?m glad you enjoyed some time to yourself. Time apart, is good once in a while, isn?t it? :h:h

Well, it?s 11.30pm my time and I need to log off. I hate the fact that I can?t chat with you guys during your daytime. I?m feeling a lot better today, so I?ll have the time during the weekend to post more. I need to tell you about my doctor's experience, when I went to get my bloodwork done...

Rog, my friend, I know that whatever I say will not make your troubles go away, just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love you all so much,
                Effie

Comment

Wow! What an encouraging crowd we have today! It is so good to see you, Mish and I loved your posts. I've been pretty down and out for some reason, too, Nora. Atleast you know why all you need to focus on now is what to do about your negaative emotions. Please take your antibuse and then think about these issues. All drinking is going to do is make you feel bad and you will still have the same problems tomorrow, only worse. I know you are sick of "trying again" like we all are. If we feed our flesh, it will get stronger (alcohol problems). If we feed our spirit, we become stronger and are able to fight and conquer the beast. Whatever you decide, we love you and we will always be right here for you... understanding, encouraging and loving you unconditionally. Is this the empty nest syndrome or has your son moved out before? Think about how much better your relationship with your husband will be when it is just the two of you.
                  RC, I LOVED your picture! It's like a new you! I, myself will NOT be posting close ups of my face! Like Sunny, I wouldn't dare do that to you guys!
                  Well, Ruby, we hope you survived the day! I LOVED
                  your pics, too! You've done started something and I'm not playing!
                  Roger, I am so sorry for all that you are and have been going through! Surely, God will open a door somewhere for you! You are too good of a person to go through all you have, but you are also a survivor!
                  Whatever happens, we will be here for you. You and Sue can be our guests. We'll just rotate you around the group. Seriously, I am praying for you, guys!
                  Another person who really needs our prayers is Grateful. She is so stressed out about her job and not knowing if or when it will fold and then her hubby is always angry at her kids. She has no peace, so we really need to pray for her to have peace. She is going to the beach next week and I pray she can leave all her worries and troubles behind and get some much needed rest.
                  Effie, I'm so happy to see you back with us! I'm so glad you are feeling better! I have missed you! You left us hanging with "the doctor experience"...humm, hope it was a good one!
                  I hope everyone has a good evening and Nora, if you need us, PLEASE
                  call somebody! Ruby is the best listener and so full of wisdom. I love you all! Vicki
                  I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                  but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Nora, Roger, call me. I always have time for you. Rog, I promised you, you won't be homeless. There are enough people here with me who will see to that. Maybe it IS time to move on. Nora, you're romancing the bottle, girl. You can stop this in it's tracks by taking that med, at least till you've had time to figure things out. There will always be the next day to drink yourself stupid. You've put a drinking plan in motion, and you know it. Come on now, love. Anything bad that's going on will be exponentially worse with AL. I know I can say this easily, when it's not. It's hard as hell. Call me.
                    I spent HOURS confined in waiting/exam/lab rooms with the in-laws today, but as I thought, someone MUST be at their appoointments from now on. When I got home, called Hub's retired half-brother and his wife, explained it all, (they do NOTHING) and told them I HAVE to have help. She's the boys mother, and my plate is full. So is Hub's, but I've been through this. I'll help, but not my place to take the lead as I have. Don't care if they think I'm a pushy B, there are no redos when our parents are old and sick. I'm setting some boundaries, and calling some people into account besides me. (Doc and I suspect heriditary tremors, Graves disease, and Parkinsons.) He is VERY good, BTW, but from Bejing, and they couldn't hear or understand anything. Plus, she didn't even tell him some of her worst symptoms. Oh, and she ran into a wall as we left the exam room.
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I can't seem to get any pics of my garden to upload so here
                      are some photos of my daughter, Ashe, my SIL Chris and my
                      beautiful grandchildren Kaysi, Harlan and Evan.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1640158=6315-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1640158=6316-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1640158=6317-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1640158=6318-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1640158=6319-attachment.jpg[/img]
                      sigpic
                      Never give up...
                      GET UP!!!

Comment

These were taken at Ashe and Chris's wedding. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1640162=6320-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1640162=6321-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1640162=6322-attachment.jpg[/img]
                        sigpic
                        Never give up...
                        GET UP!!!

Comment

All just TOO beautiful, Mish! I know you're proud. Daughter looks like a model. It could be a sizing prob with your pics. I'm a computer idiot, but I know that much. :H
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow--busy day here today...no account of me though(insert innocenty thingy). Day at the store kinda sucked, truth be told. That's part of the journey though. Mishy, (hope you don't mind me calling you that?) you sound so good and I loved your family pics.:h I would really like some of your sobriety wall.:l Mel:h, I like my tat too:H Just bein silly. The guy who did it is a good artist and superior tatooist (sp). I could post a link of his stuff if anyone's interested. Vicki you're sounding chipper-nice!
                            Little Miss Sunshine?? You didn't work today, I think. Are you being a good girl?:goodjob: I feel cards coming up
                            Ok lost my train of thought--scary how that works.
                            Emoticon RC out...
                            It's Friday night...how is everyone??
                            xo
                            Haha I thought of lots of ways I could say this before I keyed it....."fuck tht!" It won't let me post all the emoticons I want.
                            Oh dear.....you should hear Magda crooning...no emoticons.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi everyone......thanks for all the support. Always! Heading out to Chuck E Cheese so will respond to you all later. :h
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NORA? WE ARE HERE FOR YOU, SWEETHEART! Mish, your grandchildren are beautiful! Ruby, you poor thing trying to take care of everybody! So it's 112 degrees and I cannot smoke outside without melting, so I'm in my bedroom (where we are living since we have NO floors in the den and dining room) and I put my ventalator right beside where I am going to smoke... and the thing does't work, so I have to have a cigerrette, but know that if I start smoking inside, we will need another "paint job"! Oh, well, there goes my strength right out the window! IT IS SO HOTT! Ruby, PLEASE send that cool weather this way! I'm melting...melting away...as the wicked witch says! Love ya'll, Vicki
                                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                                X