The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I have teeth!! Paid a fortune for them!! :H I go to a brother and sister dentists, and they are so fun and great to talk to. Saw Tom today, and he suggested a major jaw reconstruction, because of my medical issues, then told me the last patient he referred there paid $50,000 for the work (but 'It was PERFECT!' he said!). Not going to be happening here. Sweetwater Cabin needs to much work, and I'd rather have a tummy tuck and a butt and boob lift for THAT kind of money!!). I'm in the 1/2 of 1% of people with a rare problem connecting my upper teeth to my sinuses. Go figure. I'm always SO special.
    Fen, I had to come to a complete stop today leaving my busy road (are you laughing, Rog?) to let a flock of fledgling turkeys (who I've seen since they were chicks) cross. Funny to watch the last one, standing in the middle of the road, looking back and forth deciding if he should follow or retreat. I love seeing their comeback in the country. And hardly a time goes by I leave my house without a deer encounter. They truly are such graceful, beautiful creatures, seeming to fly over fences. Unless I was starving I couldn't shoot one with anything but a camera.
    MB, don't worry about the poots and shoots. This is a matter of being healthy, and your peace of mind. I have a close friend who has been battling advanced colon cancer for about 4 1/2 years now, so this is always our best defense. And if you hubby gets crude, take pictures and make a collage of his dirty underwear!
    Roger, when someone who needs work gets you for a little while, they realize (if they have any sense) what a treasure and artist you are. And any weight loss on you is a tragedy, Bubba. Take some supplements, vitamins, drink tons of water, just to keep up your system, but you need a complete check-up, you know. I wish more than you know I could make that happen for you. You've gone your own way, because that's who you are. But there comes a time in our life when we have to think of ourselves, our health in the future, even when we're giving our work our all. I just want you as a friend for a long, long, time. So please, take care of yourself. I saw how much you CAN eat at my house, and it was a joy to see. Some people have that kind of metabolism, genetics, to stay skinny. But still, a little bit of cushion wouldn't be bad. I just hope you're feeling better, and things are 'softening' a little bit for you, getting easier. You know there are no quick fixes, and the problems are still there, but at least you have a little lee-way since you have money coming in. Just take care of you, Bubs.
    Hubs has, as I've told you, been the big boss over any outside contractor at their plant, (100's of people). It's been difficult, but they have been there for 5 years and were happy to have Hubs take over. Their company has lost the last bid, so now he's got 100's more coming in, plus their management, and all those who worked for him in limbo. Today, (he's been pummelled by people asking what's going to happen to them, and all the others coming in) he has to go to a dinner for the ones being displaced and their partners, that the company organized. He doesn't agree with a lot the company does, but he's stuck in the position of being these men's boss right now, someone they look to. So, he's out for that dinner tonight, and thankfully my presence wasn't required for this one. I know these people too.
    Thanks for letting me get this out, even it isn't read. Catharsis, you know. I don't need any answers for this, just to say it. On top of the costs of maintaining everything, this is hard for Hubs, and I appreciate that. But still, when he leaves those big-ass shoes in front of the door, or by the bed for me to trip over in the dark, OR farts in the bed enough to move the bedclothes, I still want to smother him!! :H
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hello, dear friends. I'm not caught up completely, but thought I would just pop in to say Hi and let you all know that I am back from vacation. We had a lovely time and it was nice to leave the stress at home. The weather was absolutely perfect and I had so much fun with Addy. I hope all of you are good (although Ruby, it sounds like your life might be getting even more stressed with Hubs' new position).

Here are 2 of my favorite pictures of Addy at the beach...of course, my daughter took over 400 pics, so I haven't even gone thru them all yet.

I have to go do some work I brought home with me....the price of going away for 4 days. But, at least I still have a job.

Hugs to all!
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Grateful, those are AWESOME!! Can't believe how she is growing. And she is SO beautiful. What a great heart you have given her. But truly hoping your time was somewhat restful, and you didn't feel the need to take care of everyone.
        My life is always complicated. If it's not, I invite in trouble! :H
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Grateful, your little grand daughter is lovely! :h

Comment

Anyone have any idea where my camera is? LOL! I seem to have lost it.

Comment

Ya'll need to post, or we're gonna disappear. Sorry I ran on. Just needed to get things out.
              sigpic

Comment

fennel;1164668 wrote: Anyone have any idea where my camera is? LOL! I seem to have lost it.
                You probably left it in my barn!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

ruby thank you sis it means so much to me and i want the same for you girl ...
                  grateful sweetie .. love the pics she has an awesome smile and so good to have you back young lady ..
                  well have a great night one and all time for me to get some sleep me tired .. love and hugs
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Rubes, I thought it was maybe at the cabin, but I can't find it! Really trying to post pics for all of you!

I loved the story of the Turkey young 'uns. We have a family of five constantly roaming the driveway. I have collected some impressive feathers this month!

Comment

good morning everyone .. well sitting here having my strong coffeee getting ready to start the day ..
                      have and awesome hump day everyone ....love and big hugs
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Good Morning all!
                        Grateful - Addy is SO sweet! those pictures are wonderful! Nice to see you back. Hey Ruby - you and me both re the upper teeth and sinuses!! Get a sinus infection and most of my upper teeth hurt too - took the docs/dentists ages before they realised what was going on!! And re talking stuff out on here - you have always done it so we are used to it - it is what you do!

Rog - I am sitting here with my cup of tea, getting ready for work. Hope you have a good day today. Fen - hope you find your camera soon - you didn't leave it near my bird feeder!!

Love and hugs to everyone. Back later,

sun XX
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good mooorning All! WB Grateful! Sweet pics of your little Angel. I wonder what she's thinking as she scans the horizon. She looks like a critical thinker already. Look out world!
                          Rog so good to see you up and looking forward to the day.
                          Miss Sunshine think about your cards today--will be reading tonight.
                          Fen-maybe the goat ate your camera:H
                          Rubes--stay outta trouble today. OK? Love ya!
                          Jupiter is table dancing right now begging for food I forgot to bring home last night. Guess it's sardines this morning.
                          Smiles everyone.... xo
                          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hey everybuddy. The kittens have gotten loose in the house (OH MY). I've been working with someone who wants to rent the ready house, have others others calling. Yeah, it's income, but more trouble for me to deal with.
                            Hubs got in around 10 last night, wired and upset, so it was a long evening. Have had a dozen calls (shutting off the nuisance ones) adding to my list of to-do's today. Plus now everyone wants the houses we've already rented. 2 days of paperwork, at least, with each. OOOOOOh, to be blissfully unaware of the outside world!
                            T, I hope you take some healthy advice here. You know you can't afford to be sick. Everyone else, I don't have time to talk to each of you, but I care so much about you all, want you to get better in your world. Fen, e-mail me the pics, I'll get them on here, OK?
                            sigpic

Comment

Hiya Peeps....I am sitting here sipping chicken and preparing to take 6 laxatives and drink castor oil.
                              Addy is GORGEOUS........
                              Ruby, I feel bad for your Hubs. I remember Dad crying one night when he had to lay off 40 people in one day.
                              Fen - your camera is in the washtub, silly,
                              Back to work....
                              love you Roger
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Happy Hump Day!!
                                Thank you all for your wonderful comments about Addy. She is the light of my life, truly!
                                Ruby...how many houses do you rent out? I don't know how you keep everything straight!!
                                Jan....I'll be thinking of you today and tomorrow. I'm sure everyone has told you that the prep is the worst and the procedure itself is a piece of cake! Too bad it couldn't have been on a Friday and you could have taken a long weekend!!
                                Roger, Sun, RC....and all.....Hugs and Love.
                                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Working...
                                X