The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Tick Hollow. And visiting a friend of Mrs. Fen's...what a day!

Comment

Vick, you should probably keep that arm elevated above heart level...did your doc give you any advice about that? It will help with the swelling.

Comment

Phew, I feel like I've been on a treadmill for the past week or so. Sooooooo busy and when I stop, I'm too exhausted to turn on the 'puter.
        Seems like things are pretty hectic for many of you, too. Ruby, you must have quicksilver in your veins instead of blood. You never seem to stop.
        Nora, it sounds like you're doing a little better than when I was last here...hope the empty nest isn't too distressing.
        Grateful, Addy is a little princess. Grandaughters are just the best thing ever, aren't they?
        Rog, I've spent some of the past weeks in the dentist chair also. This time next week I'll have my implant finished and my teeth bleached (red wine stains badly), so really looking forward to that.
        Vicki, I'm so glad you're ok, even though somewhat out of commission. It won't do you any harm at all to kick back and rest for a while. The more you rest, the faster you'll heal, and then, hopefully, you'll be better than ever.
        My new little bird, Chicken, is such a sweetheart. Quite different in personality from my other precious girl, but almost a dead ringer for her when she was a baby. Here are some pics.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1649514=6340-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1649514=6341-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1649514=6342-attachment.jpg[/img]
        :h Mish :h
        sigpic
        Never give up...
        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
        Remaining a perpetual possibility
        Only in a world of speculation.
        What might have been and what has been
        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Mish...what a beautiful baby!! She has such pretty colors. It's nice seeing you here, too.
          Vicki...you had an extremely severe case which is why you had 3 incisions....not just a "regular" procedure...that is why your recovery may be harder. Please don't do anything with that arm and listen to the doctor...you want to be pain free for our trip, right? I'll call your home phone today instead of your cell.
          Ruby....I'm trying to figure out when you will have time for painting? But what a wonderful thing to do to help out animals which in turn helps you, too. I really need to re-think how I spend my time and make sure that I am making the most of every minute given to me. I'm sorry about your MIL, my boss had a mini stroke sometime too....he's not allowed to drive anymore because of it and he's a lot more forgetful.

Sunny...what a great treat...a whole weekend off! I hope you have beautiful weather and enjoy every minute.

My sister is getting married today to a really great guy who is wonderful to her 2 girls. I am so happy for her after being in a marriage for 18 years with a very controlling husband. It is a private ceremony and while I am sad that none of the family is invited, I understand. I'm just really happy for her.

Time to get started on my to-do list for today.....Love & Hugs, dear friends.
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Good Morning everyone - Mish - your bird is SO pretty. What beautiful colours! Hopefully you can get some rest - you sound pretty tired!

Grateful - nice that your sister is marrying a good man, shame about none of the family being there, but as you said, understandable. We actually have rain today! It is thundering as I type - so that puts the garden out for today as it looks as if it might rain for a little while yet. So, not sure what my list of things will be now.

Ruby, Rog, Vicki, Jan, RC, Fen, - everyone else - where are you this morning? Still sleeping? Hope all of you have a great day....

Hugs, Sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good morning Sunshine. I'm at work. Not sure why.....
              Beautiful bird Mishy.
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I am here with a very sore tushy......the Johnny Cash song "Ring of Fire" keeps running through my head
                I survived that horrid procedure and will check in later.....LOTS to do today...I have not read back but I will
                just know I am here and I love all of you
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Vicki had surgery???
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi everyone. I went to sleep at 6:00 pm and woke up at 9:00 am. WOW!!
                    Starting to feel a little human now. Heading out with hubby now. Will check back in later.
                    Hugs to all:l:l:l:l
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey family! I finally got all caught up, but didn't take notes, so forgot most of it! I feel a little better today. I thought I wouldn't take anything for pain today, because I have been so out of it, but I hurt pretty bad. RC, yes, the doc said I was suppose to keep it elevated, but I didn't that first day, so I'm paying for it now. Grateful, Addison is so adorable! I can't believe how much she has grown! Mish, your little bird is so cute! Now I know why you don't type much, Roger. It is very slow to type with one finger. My hand is still swelled and blue. I love you all, Vicki

I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

These towels can be dangerous to you in the middle of the night ! Ha! They're on sale ....get one now ! Ha! Howdy Jammers ! Saturday ....yard work....etc. ! Keep Jamin' Man ! Tony
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

TONY So nice to see you ! How are things going? What is happening with you - are you still looking for a job? What is going on in your world - we have missed seeing you here.....

Jan - yes, Vicki had surgery on her wrist/elbow - is just able to use one hand for a month. Hope she does what the doc says!!! Glad that you are okay after your procedure - you will soon be feeling lots better!!

vicki - lovely to see you, and so glad you are able to post - even if it is short - I am so pleased to hear from you. sending loving thoughts and healing prayers your way.:l:l

Good day to you RC - hopefully you are at work 'cos someone will come along and drop a whole load of money in your store!!!!! have a great day - I am really being productive today and cleaning - about time too if I might say so myself!!!!

back later friends. Hugs to all,

Sun XX
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

well hello folks .. i slept and got some well needed rest most of the day .. now im up what to do ..
                            just want to send love and big hugs all around have a great day
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi Sun......I've been working on my VA disability comp. and work profile for my VA job search. Kids have been around and I have had to tend to them....but they're off to school soon ! Ha! Take care. Tony
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey Jammers...I've been kinda quiet(in my mind anyways). It's been an amazing couple of days. Slow as fuck but good stuff happening too. Might post a video somewhere.
                                Be well there y'all. xo
                                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                                X