Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Hi all
    Have been so busy and I am tired. Kids are at bday party I gotta go pick em soon. Got a little nap in. Got a job at the coffee shop teaching drums, I start Mon. It doesnt pay much but will be helpful to go along with my other job. I will try is a couple months anyway. Had our first football game last night and now I am a band mom and worked on the field crew and the concession, very hot and so many gnats. Gotta go get the kids...b

Comment

It's been a long and difficult day. AND to start it off, the dental bridge I had re-inserted a few days ago for 100 bucks, came out before I got out of bed.
      Mish, baby Chick is glorious! I know you can't help but make comparisons, and there will always be that place in your heart, but what a wonderful gift you and Chicken are to each other! I SO wish every pet was as lucky.
      Bird, I became a downright football fan when daughter was a cheerleader. She had the most beautiful, naturally blonde and curly long hair, and the cheer director had a daughter the same age with very short hair. The director clearly didn't like Tip, and constantly reprimanded her for wearing her hair loose. I told daughter it was an ugly learning experience about jealousy. I know you'll be a big asset to the work of keeping the band going, as your girls will be to the music they provide. And HEY, congrats on the job! It's something you love, you'll be great at it, and it's a bit of income.
      Vick, swelling is very normal. LET YOURSELF HEAL!! My MIL doesn't take care of herself, has a lot of pride about forcing herself to keep working, but it's taking a huge toll now. Don't be the same way. I'm making a commitment to get back in shape, make the long overdue doctor appointments I need, and maybe even schedule one or some of the surgeries I've been avoiding. Can't give advice and not take it! :no:
      Fen, you have your merit badge for work and visiting Mrs friend. I have to drag Hubs by the hair of his teeth (or other sensitive areas!) to go visit anyone. For a long time, I didn't go places without him, but finally discovered he'll go more if I just go on and make my own plans. MEN!
      SunnyD, hope your weather is better. I read some terrible stories today about flash floods and insane heat. We had a storm today that knocked out our power for a long time. Limbs down, leaves everywhere. But we needed the rain.
      MB, shug, you need to be sure you're taking vitamins and taking care of yourself with your schedule. The men in your life look like they're eating fine, but I don't know about you. And again, your pics were fantastic. Your Dad looks great.
      RC, I'm glad you're feeling so positive. Business has it's ups and downs, but life is what counts. You have a lot to deal with, and the changes in you are SO obvious, and good, you'll get through everything. What's the news on the wedding??
      T, are you drinking those milkshakes yet? Pump yourself up. Just because work is coming in, you can't forget to eat. Don't make me come down there! (tho I'd love to!) I read an article the other day about your town, saying it was one of the best, last 'old Florida' towns left.
      Tony, you dog! (lover!) Good luck with the paperwork you're dealing with. How are the Chi twins? Need some new pictures, OK?
      Grate, hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Bet Addie's there, huh? As a grandmother x7, I know how much fun they are, even tho we have the stress of not being to control how they grow up. We're just there for the lovin', hon. And YES, I'll find you a job here. That is, if you find you HAVE the time to work, after living a relaxed country with no expectations of your time. I've even got a woodstove, wood supply, oil lamps, and fans, a stream full of fish and abundant deer, so we can survive, even enjoy, anything
      Nora, just because you have time on your hands now doesn't mean you have to fill every moment with work. Sit down with a pad and pencil, design us your ideal commune layout. In fact, everyone should, then we'll get T to start planning the work. He has some great ideas for little individual cottages. Oh, and like I said, goat milking experience is a plus. I went out and played a long time with Ninny today. She loves her little plastic play set, has learned how to get in her swing. She wants to climb, so I'm looking for more for her to play with. She's getting fat from Hubs sneaking out there feeding her. Sadie and Tink chase her around, then she chases them. Still looking for a playmate for her. We can make and sell goat milk products in our commune. Any suggestions?
      It's always nice to have a dream, think of good things to relieve ourselves from the day to day. I spent years dreaming of and planning both this house and the cabin. Even now, I see ways to improve the results. Like a trip, sometimes the most fun is in the planning. So, I think we should start to plan the commune. Who knows? Maybe someday it will be a reality!
      Guess I need to think about sleeping. Missing some regulars, hope you check in.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

wakey wakey lets get those asses up and cook some beacony well good sunday morning to everyone ... im up and ready to start the week yes the week .. going to call up theis guy and get things going today ... i had one day off and im feeling good .. and sue wants to have an avocodoes SALE TODAY so almost time for her to get up too
        ruby young lady you are welcome here anytime so get in your truck and start driving ...
        love and big hugs everyone stay strong shifting forward and thinking positive
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Wow, T and I the only ones awake. Oh well.
          TMB is still stalking the kittys (I refuse to take them to the pound!) If TMB wouldn't eat her/him, I'd keep the solid black one. She's so adorable. And the grey and white is so much fun to play with. After the deprivation in their start of life, they attack food like it will never come again. They are a lot of extra work for me, and nagging from Hubs, but once you get used to their personalities, you're hooked.
          T, rest and eat today. Is it still very hot there? Temps have been nice here, especially after the storm. Have an escape planned, will let you know later. Off to take care of Ninny, check to see if Fen's kin has been at the fig bush.
          Hubs is being super nice today. Hmmmmmm......does he know something I don't? :H
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gosh the kids are still asleep. Well, it has been a busy weekend. The lady at the party last night sent us home with a lot of leftovers so I dont have to cook today. I am a little scared about my new job. Some of the kids are really young, geez. Vick your hand looks so sore, but I guess that surg will be helpful...think I'll clean up a bit...later

Comment

Good Morning everyone - wow Ruby, that is some post!! We haven't had anywhere enough rain for flash floods - just enough to wake up the rain gauge LOL Wish we would have more. I shall have to mow the grass later today. Are you trying to take things any easier??

Bird - things are sounding good - you will enjoy your new job!

Rog - you are sounding more positive again which is wonderful to hear.

I had a really good productive day yesterday and need to start doing things today - I have had a very lazy morning so far. Called my mum and my brother and that is about it. Back later all - come on - where is everybody else - we are slowly trickling in.....

Hugs, Sun XX
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good afternoon, friends. I've been up since 7 but I've been playing with Addy. She had a fever, so I gave her some medicine and put her down early for her nap. I grabbed Jeremy's laptop when he went out-but he just came back, so I'll only be here for a sec.

Bird-you will be so great as a teacher....you love kids and drums both!! Lucky you for having leftovers today!!

Roger-you sound good today...I hope you and Sue have a great avocado sale.

Ruby-maybe your dogs will get used to the kittens-or the kittens will get used to the dogs. My cats all cozy up to our german shepherd but run from the Husky and my son's pitbull. They have their hiding spots. So what do you think your hubs is up to being so nice? Make sure you enjoy it!!

Vick...I tried to call you yesterday...I thought you went home, but maybe you are still at your Mom's?
                I hope you feel somewhat better today.

Tony-it's good to see you!

Sunny-where are you at today? Fen, Nora, Mama and all.....hope you are enjoying our Sunday.

Signing off for now.....Love & Hugs.
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Oh, there you are Sun! We're getting more downpours today, so it is a "stay inside" day today.
                  You are allowed to take a "lazy" day, you know!! You deserve it. Oh, some of those floods were here in my state....really bad.
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Good Morning Grateful, my friend!! I have to admit, it was rather nice when I looked outside yesterday and saw the rain - meant it had to be a stay inside day - and I did get a lot done!! Sorry about addy - hope she feels better when she wakes up, poor mite - she really is such a sweetie - I loved that picture of her gazing out to the horizon.

Off to do something - I am just procrastinating!!

Hugs, sun XX
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

rubywillow;1166568 wrote: Wow, T and I the only ones awake. Oh well.
                      TMB is still stalking the kittys (I refuse to take them to the pound!) If TMB wouldn't eat her/him, I'd keep the solid black one. She's so adorable. And the grey and white is so much fun to play with. After the deprivation in their start of life, they attack food like it will never come again. They are a lot of extra work for me, and nagging from Hubs, but once you get used to their personalities, you're hooked.
                      T, rest and eat today. Is it still very hot there? Temps have been nice here, especially after the storm. Have an escape planned, will let you know later. Off to take care of Ninny, check to see if Fen's kin has been at the fig bush.
                      Hubs is being super nice today. Hmmmmmm......does he know something I don't? :H
                      I don't post often these days, just trying to include everyone. No, it's not gotten any easier. Think I shall take a nap, after a busy morning and picking the garden. I've put your suggesstion in my think-tank. Will consider them all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, and I have a FB stalker! Who'd a thunk?? Only go there to keep up with my grands, friends, etc. No worries; I have protection (Hubs, kids, and grands, not to mention TMB and my fire-power). Can't understand why a youngster would be following me. Oh well, my family is more upset than I am! :laugh He doesn't know what he's getting into!
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, family! Thank you all for your prayers. Oh, crap, typing with my left hand! This really sucks! Grateful, I am at home, came home Thurs. I must have been on the patio smoking. I sometimes forget to take the phone out there. Call me today if you have time. I just had a wonderful conversation with Roger. He sounds good, even under his circumstances. Ruby, how do you know if someone is stalking you? They can't go to your page unless they are a friend, can they? MB, I hope you are feeling better and resting. Has anyone heard from Melissa/Effie? I love and miss you all and hope everyone has a great day! Love, Vicki
                          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm not even going to attempt to comment individually to everyone. I am so behind on the times here. But, please know how much I think of each and every one of you. Daily - I think of each of you and you give me strength to keep going. :h

I am doing ok with the empty nest. Not great mind you. But, doing ok. Casey keeps in touch with us so we know what's going on with him. I've been so busy at work that the days are just merging one into the other. I'm actually thinking about getting up and going in for a few hours. We shall see.

So - Rubes - how do you know you have a stalker? What is going on????
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nice to see you Vicki - I had an e-mail from effie saying that she went on a business trip after her vacation but she is back now. Said she would catch us all up on Monday. You are typing really well with just your left hand! How are you feeling? is the swelling going down? Sending healing thoughts to you :l:l

Ruby - yes, how can you have a stalker on FB? Can't you block him/her?

Nora - it doesn't matter if you keep up with us - just you posting is good enough - love and hugs to you. Great to see you here so much.

Hugs to all, Love Sun XX

Comment

Rubes, we want more info about your stalker!

Comment

Working...
                                X