Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

melissa27;1167742 wrote:
    RC, did you say something about tornadoes..? God, I have never experienced one, but I?m an expert on earthquakes! Being through a few of them as I?m sure Nora has too. By the way, I loved Rubie?s joke with the coconut tree..! So funny!! And.. what about the wedding? Any news?
    Effie you're so sweet to write to everyone. Thankfully, tornadoes are not normally a huge deal here. They seem to follow the guts and ravines mostly.
    I'm not sure if I posted the wedding date but it is set for next September. Second Saturday and I don't remember the date. Other than that--no idea. Effie I tread very carefully with my daughter for fear of pushing her away with too much pressure. It's a long story of parental alienation syndrome. I'm glad to be involved and hope that it won't be a difficult time for any of us when the time comes. I don't remember the coconut joke??
    Lovely pics. Gorgeous sunset and a bronzed and beautiful you! :l
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Mowed the back
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Well, now you have to do the front. What will the neighbours think!
        I would have done it the other way around. In fact, I need to do this soon too.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Looking up stress relief for back to school wordage and came across this:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R7aCyYDFbE[/video]]Stress Relief - YouTube

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hmmmm, the back of WHAT, old woman??

I'm moving out, packing up crap, trying to get more organized, deep mopping every place behind me, so what does himself do when he gets home - RIGHT!! Walks right through it. "Oh, I didn't see your 5x8 note on the door!!" Oh well. He's sequestered in the den with 2 wildcats. I'm ignoring the screams.

Elf, you're too sweet. You just don't know how wicked I really am!! :H
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

MY BACK OLD LADY- I know I told you I wouldn't tell anyone that you told me that this would happen when I got older - but you started it!!
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Effie, thank you so very much for the sweet words of encouragement and understanding. I have hated myself today, because of my bad attitude, but that really helped. I am so blessed to have all of you to love and pray for me. Grateful, I felt so bad after talking with you, that our conversation was all about me and not about you going through such a horrifying experience today! I love you so much and I wish I could be as sweet a friend to you as you are to me. Please forgive me. Effie, did I miss chapter 2? Have you written it somewhere for us to read? Last I heard, we were all waiting on chapter 2. I'm so anxious to read it. RC, funny stress video. Grateful and Ruby, I sent you an important email. Has anyone heard from Tony today? I love all of you and I am so sorry that I've been such a downer lately. I will try harder. Love, Vicki

http://youtu.be/D6iNxLir0bw[/video]]The funniest baby belly laugh EVER!!! - YouTube
                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1167724 wrote: So I am posting instead - How is everyone????
                  go and get'er done lol ..
                  well good to see everyone so lively today keep it going folks .. i need work any takers ..i have a few things going on the rest of the week ...but nothing so far for next week..
                  well love and big hugs ...later

ps vicky dont push yourself too hard and too fast keep typing with just two fingers ..
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1167762 wrote: Mowed the back
                    Oh, I'm SO sorry!! Many women need more 'grooming'.

Vick, I'm glad you got to talk to Grateful today. Are you still in a lot of pain? Like I've said into redundancy, TAKE CARE! Let yourself heal. Nothing's gonna happen that won't happen when you're well.

T, MAN I wish I had some money to offer you for work around here. Himself has too much to do now, and within weeks he'll be into the 'I'll see you in the spring' mode. But I think we're all just broke.
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;1167818 wrote: Oh, I'm SO sorry!! Many women need more 'grooming'.
                      Rubes! You made me spew mineral water all over my laptop! :H:H:H

Comment

RingingCedars;1167763 wrote: Well, now you have to do the front. What will the neighbours think!
                        I would have done it the other way around. In fact, I need to do this soon too.
                        hubs can mow the front later in the week RC

Comment

Hello All--

I must say, I am really enjoying looking in on your lives--such great attitudes and humor. Makes me very happy that I have this site to go to. Felt awesome today in fact, worked at my son's school with the 5 and 6 year olds, walked 5 miles, ate all healthy food and drank enough water to float to China (I really may have to install a porta potty in my car if I continue this).

RC--my parents survived the Tuscaloosa, AL tornadoes this spring. I myself have been in 2 tornadoes --one of which blew the house next to us down and did not touch ours. I was around 6 then. Do not want to go through it again for sure!

Just winding down with a nice glass of iced tea-- about to watch some of my guilty pleasures on the DVR. I may drive you all nuts but if it is okay I would like to be sort of accountable to this great group-- so that I can track progress (or lack of-- hope not)-- I would like to celebrate some good stuff for a change-- not doom and gloom.

Tomorrow I tackle trying to get some estimates on outdoor house painting--I have no clue at all how much this should cost but luckily our place is 3 sided brick and not alot of painting. I am sure I will have a stroke when I see the estimates.

Comment

ATL, SO good to see your plan working. roud:
                            You may see fireworks between SuunyD and me, but she's so old she'll burst into flames with the first spark! nfire: If you want accountability, this is the place, but everyone is really on their on, aren't we?
                            Again, glad you're here and joining in!
                            I'm out for the night. No sleep lately. Sun, do your worst, baby girl!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Great to have the support so I don't feel too alone! I am about to go enjoy my crud TV and a book then nice non-AL sleep. My husband is puttingtogether a cabinet in our family room and you would think with all the cursing he was doing the work of the Old Masters! I just heard his xbox go on so i think he is throwing in the towel for the night-- as long as he does not leave me to finish it up we will be fine-- though I usually "assign" him lots of tasks and take half of them back when he fails to finsih them all in a day or 2. The last time I had our handyman here he actually asked me if my hubs had been injured because as he said "anyone who is able bodied should be able to do this stuff". I told him he was not injured just motivationally challenged!

Comment

Good morning everyone! Pleased to see you doing so well ATL - laughed about your hubs and his do-it-yourself endeavours - hubs doesn't bother any more!!! And please just ignore Ruby and her outbursts about my age - she is just jealous 'cos I am so much younger than her....LOL

Anyway - I have to get to work - have a wonderful day everyone!!

Hugs, Sun XX

Comment

Working...
                                X