The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC, Ruby, thank you for your concern, but I'm just venting! Neither of us can drive and I know alcohol is poison and will not help me with the pain or the frustration dealing with him. ALT and MB, thank you for praying for me! ALT, I pray your husband shows you a lot of love and appreciation for all you do on your anniversary! Nora, I am so sorry you are struggling. I so understand. I just got the most incredible, encouraging word from God on facebook that may help some of you dealing with spouses or children who drink or whatever, but it was definetly a word from God for me. God will break his spirit eventually! I can't do a thing to help him, but be an example and an encourager and I am going to stop enabling him. I guess I should just let him suffer, but that is too hard for me to do. Oh, Ruby, I'll go look for your card in email. Thank you.

"The Lord loves us too much to stand by while we struggle under the influence of stubborn pride and rebellion. Like wild stallions with lots of will power and energy, we need brokenness and training. Almighty God is our Master and trainer. He uses whatever means necessary to get our attention. His Holy Spirit is assigned to break our will and align our spirit with His. God is the one trying to get our attention."

Hello... Paul??? When are you going to get it?
    THIS TRUTH IS SO ENCOURAGING FOR ME!
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Hey, Vick, like my Chit (grandmother) said, he's not too old for his wants to hurt him yet! :H
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh, and friends all call my kids the 'Ken and Barbie's!!' :H
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Vicki--My hub did ask what I want for my annversary-- he pretty much lets me get anything I want within reason so there is not alot-- I told him want to lose 55 pounds so can he give me that? I actually could see him thinking as to how he could do it too which was so nice. I don't know all your details but it seems that you are having a hard time with things and I truly hope it gets better.

Rubes- my friends used to call my husbnand and I Ken and Barbie-- he is 6'5" and broad shouldered and I was the blonde big boobed one-- oh those days....

Comment

"Have any of you had to deal with this Hurricane up the east coast !?! Surfers, as I have always thought have a DNA chrom. missing ! Ha! We've buckle down here in Maryland.......Tony
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

I love being on the water, but I don't have a death wish either Tony. Hope you have taken all precautions. Important papers, water, batteries, radio, food stuff and a safe place to get to. It's downgraded now but still powerful. It's supposed to hit the east coast of NS on Sunday. Going to check with my Dad and make sure he's set up.
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Tony, daughter dated a guy in college who lived on Nag's Head, and he surfed constantly in water like that during storms. (I thanked God for my prayers when they broke up!!) God looks after fools and little children. (I pray!)
                sigpic

Comment

Ya'll on the NE coast, PLEASE, take this seriously. I'm sort of used to watching the storms on Florida's east coast and especially the Gulf, which has had deadly effects even up here, but this is different. Tornado warnings right now over coastal North Carolina, and people are sitting on roof's of buildings watching this thing come in. There has been one confirmed death already from a young man surfing just south of Nag's Head just now. It's going to be a long weekend, I fear. Please, be safe more than sorry all. Watch it on TV.
                  sigpic

Comment

well long dy here and well got some news .. i dont think ill be posting .. things are goiing crazy right now with my family at the moment .. and it seen im just not into the thread as of lately and i know everyone will be just fine without me for a few .. so keep it going folks ..please dont worry about me im a suriver lov and big hugs .... well thats all i think i have to say
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Good God Rog---I've been feeling the same way! BUT---You are the father of this thread and such an inspiration for so many. I hope it all works out --- keep it positive brother!
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Oh me! I guess the other shoe has dropped on our Roger. God bless him. At a loss about what to say, but he HAS been under SO much pressure, it's not fair for us to worry about anyone but him in the situation. Maybe he needs some space right now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning everyone - please keep safe all of you in the path of Irene - check in if you can! Rog - you are in my prayers - don't know what is going on, but I am thinking of you. A rather sombre mood here this morning. RC - I shall e-mail when I get home tonight. I am off to work right now.

Hugs and be strong everyone,

Love, Sun XX
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Get back to us when you can Roger.......They'll be a lonely night when you'll be at your wits end and will need someone to talk to. I know I have them......this place is the best for that, you know it is. Good Luck Bro...be hearing from you. Tony
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Whatever we say, this is T's life, and I'd recommend not putting more pressure on him by so many things. But he is my guru, and he knows it, and my brother here, so it would just be nice to tell him when he looks in that this is HIS thread, and everyone cares, everyone is thankful, to him. T, I don't believe you honestly know WHAT you have done here, creating a place on this site for lost souls, more lost than others in some cases. You can be whatever part of it now in any way you want. But YOU are what's important now, and like you said, surviving. We have gone through a lot together; I owe you a lot, you have given to so many without expecting recompense; people WANT to give you help to realize your dreams, and I know that are great. I love you bro.
                              And don't think you'll get away from me!

And I know T wants us to continue our day.
                              sigpic

Comment

hi loes...quick check in from work...getting ready for a conference in Atlanta next week.....I DO NOT WANT TO GO....but...
                                Roger...I love you and support you and please feel my arms around you.
                                Everyone be safe...it is sunny and beautiful here.....
                                my baby turned 16 yesterday...how did that happen????
                                RC - you can't disappear too......
                                Hugs to you Vicki....
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X