Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Hello Precious Family....
    I am headed to ATL in a few hours.....am quite nervous about the drinking that will be going on.....but I've got to learn to manage this...right??
    Rubes...I would love to meet you...but they fly us in and our like cattle....
    Brid...my heart is breaking for you....I think it's harder to have teenage girls in the house...and no Daddy to keep the crap scared out of them.....my boys are terrified of their father but they walk all over me.....
    I willbe back Thursday...I love you all
    and yes Sunni...I am better..
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Have a safe trip, Mama. Today is the anniversary-- so far no trips to Lowes or Target (hee)! We decided to celebrate next weekend-- my in laws are taking our son to the mountains in NC to fish and hike. Not having our son around me might make next weekend difficult for me in terms of the drinking. I need to form a plan for that --any suggestions? Lost 4.5 pounds last week and that is with eating like my life depended on it last night--steak and huge baked potato and a Krispy Kreme doughnut (I held off on it as long as I could-- me and son bought them after church on Sunday and I made it till 9 p.m.) Headache still here but not as splitting as it was. Hubs goes to play hockey tonight and is grilling with his buddies so I will truly be celebrating the anniversary later..but that is fine-- I am not 100 % with the headache so better to wait anyway. Hope everyone is havinga great day

Comment

WooHoo, ATL! Told you that weight would start falling off! Inspiring, isn't it!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

IAD;1170663 wrote: Howdy everyone.......my power has been out for the past couple days. This is the first time I've been able to contact anybody. "That's quite a list of people you have their Sunshine"....I'm not on it but I'm doing fine ! Ha! Hope everybody is recovering from the storm. I know a lot of you might of only got a glancing blow.....but the rest of us had some pretty hard rain and heavy winds. Keep Jamin' man ! Tony
          Ahem - check again Mr Tony .......LOL

Hope you are doing okay - and that you didn't have any damage? It either seems to be feast or famine with rain these days - I can't remember the last time we had any. good to see you checking in.

Ruby - I watched the video - had me bawling at the end!! So hard for both families!

Jan - do well on your trip - glad you are feeling better :l:l

Well everyone, I just got back from my regular cancer check up and all is well!! I always know it will be but I suppose there is always that underlying niggle tucked away.

Off to do stuff. back later.

Hugs, sun XX
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sun, SO glad to hear that!! Your positive outlook has a lot to do with it.

I nominate this as Fen's theme song! http://youtu.be/3tiPndMqxLQ[/video]]Brad Paisley - Ticks (Live) - YouTube
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

yay Sunni.....love you so much!!!!!
              off to the airport
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Sunni, wonderful news from the cancer doctor! Ruby, I watched the video and like Sunni, I cried for both families! No matter how hard we have it, someone else always has it worse! I am getting excited about our trip, too, but I pray Grateful will be able to go after suffering the damage to her home! ALT, Happy Anniversary! I am so sorry you are still struggling with that headache! Congratulations on your willpower for making it through a week and the weekend! Yes, you need a plan, something to keep you busy! I am praying that you feel better. Bird, I am so sorry for the problems you are having with your daughter. Teenage girls are so emotional and dramatic! Don't worry about being her friend right now, be a tough Mom, and I know it's not easy! My daughter hated me for a while, but now we are the best of friends. I know how bad it hurts, though. I think Ruby's suggestion of both your girls volunteering to help those less fortunate is a good one and will make them more appreciative. Mish, I'm sorry I must have deleted my pm to you re the addresses, but I will send them later. My phone battery died last week and the only reason I had Grateful's address is because she just sent me a get well card. Mish, I went through the same thing for a while after I got here, but as long as you are taking 2 steps forward and one backwards, you are getting somewhere! It doesn't happen over night. I'm praying for you. Thank you for all your advice on codependency and enabling! Fen, I'm excited you are getting so close to moving in your new place at Tick Hollow! We can't wait to see the pics! Nora, I am so sorry you are having difficulty finding a doctor who understands alcoholism and can help you! I will be praying for you, too. Tony, so sorry you are without electricity, too. I hope you have a generator. Did you have any damage to your home? MB, I pray you have a safe business trip. I think your idea of telling everyone you are tired and retiring to bed early is a great one! Roger, hope you have a great day and so thankful you didn't leave us! We love you so much! I'm not feeling too well today. I am so tired, but have so much to do! I'll do what I can, but not going to push myself. I love you all and hope everyone has a great day! Love, Vicki
                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Sun--awesome news-- my next check is December but I see something that looks a little off so I am going to go sooner..that is how I found the cancer the first time--hate docs but the dermatologist does not weigh me! Rubes-- I was glad of the 4.5 but with me so heavy and no booze I thought it might be more even- and might have been if I had not gone wild Sunday plus the factor of "that time of the month" coming up. I do plan on havinga nice restaurant dinner next Saturday so I really need to conserve the cals-- wanted to walk in the cool air this morning but the headache was way too much still. If it stays about like this I will go walk tomorrow. Taking the time to make lists of to dos-- no idea what to get hubs for the anniversary (have until Sat since that is the celebration date)--any ideas? He's very athletic and a real guys guy but also into history. I am getting hima Big Green Egg for Xmas (they are expensive!!) and can't think of anything for now. Better go get the little one at school

Comment

Vick, don't push. We'll try to make it happen for Grate.
                    ATL, push that appt if you have a 'feeling'. Can't hurt to be early, right? But you're gonna be fine; keep that mindset. We got an Egg last year. Are you buying it at their home office? It's near you, you know. And when they have their frequent 'Cook Outs' they sell the used ones a bit cheaper. Hormones prob did keep you from losing more, but keep it up, you'll see results, and I think that amount is great! I dreamed I had a doc appt, weighed in, and I weighed 20 pounds less than I do. Still didn't like it, but hey! it was a dream, and I'll take it. That would be my weight 25 years ago!! If you've seen my recent pics you can see why I'd like to get to there. :H
                    sigpic

Comment

hey there one and all well tony glad to hear you are ok and surived the storm...
                      bird i know the feel and i have boys and mostly my hands are tied when it comes to telling them anything worth a dame just because my ex wont stick to what i say .. so just keep being the best mom you can and listen to them and hold your ground ..
                      mama please do what you feel is right for you and dont feel you have to prove anything to your co workers .just be safe..
                      fennel cant wait to see some pics of tick hollow...
                      awesome news sunshine ...ATL happy anniversary.. there are many ways to have a great time so just pick one and enjoy and rememeber you dont need al in the picture so come up with a better way to treat yourself and the one you love ...
                      vicky yes dont push yourself young lady .. just take it slow ..
                      ruby enjoy the arts and cratfs thingy and how are you feeling ..
                      well love and big hugs ...back later
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Was just reading the total of the deaths caused by the storm. 75% were by people who went out, against warnings, to drive or enjoy the waves. Whose fault is that? Every death, loss, is a loss to us as humanity, but don't we have some obligation to protect ourselves? Don't want to think what lawsuits will come from this.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the Egg Ruby-- I know he wants one. I am not going to let myself get derailed in accomplishing my goals this time. If dieting is the main thing that gets me on the sober path intitally then so be it. I am with you on the people staying out during the storm-- can't see why they would chance it. Vicki--how are you feeling today and how is your hubby? About to go do bath time then I am going to haev some sushi-- I got ahold of Jennifer Hudson's food diary from Weight Watchers and she started about the same as I am maybe a little more-- lost 80 lbs which to me is too much for her-- but hey..and I saw she ate a load of sushi. Anything for the cause!

Comment

rubywillow;1170715 wrote: Sun, SO glad to hear that!! Your positive outlook has a lot to do with it.

I nominate this as Fen's theme song! http://youtu.be/3tiPndMqxLQ[/video]]Brad Paisley - Ticks (Live) - YouTube
                            LOL!!! I love it! He's a man after my own heart...tick checks are hawt. :H

Comment

Fenny, he's become a HOT master of the tongue-in cheek song. Here's one, and I love it, but esp at the end it may look like it promotes AL. But if you listen to the words, and watch the actions, you get it.
                              http://youtu.be/q3zkkLckeyM[/video]]Brad Paisley - Alcohol - YouTube
                              sigpic

Comment

My bad Sunshine......Sorry ! Ha! Tony
                                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X