The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunshine...you ALWAYS shine for us all! Your prayers are the most important gift of all! I love you and I totally understand how you feel. It seems there are so many problems we all have, but what don't kill us makes us stronger! Love you girl, Vicki
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Thank you everyone. I just hurt for everyone right now.

Hugs, sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Vicky that must hurt hope you feel better soon. Greatful has been laying low for the moment she needs all of our help and prayers a side from my wife she is second most wonderful person I have ever meet in my life!!! Nora c what with the liver test we just got to get a hold of what we do to our bodys and when we can finely stop for ever we will heal the human body is incredable

Comment

Biz, I know how much you and Grate mean to each other. Can you PM us, privately, anything we can do to help out. I hope your life has calmed down a bit, and your family is finding some peace.
          Sunni, hugs to you, sweet girl.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;1171111 wrote: Hey Fen, Brad and his wife named one of their little boys Huckleberry!!
            That clinches it for me. He's gay! :H

Comment

Wow--I feel like such a wimp with just the headache--I pray and hope for all of you all and your loved ones. My mom and I went another round today which did not help at all. Her absolute disinterest in doing anything other than trying to hurt me for my perceived wrongs toward her is unreal-- because I will not have a pathological relationship with her she acts as if I am the most ungreatful daughter of all time. I returned her call as she and my dad are going on a long trip in a couple of days and I am nominally still their POA-- anyway, I mentioned my son's school-- silence, my volunteering silence and that it was my anniversary yesterday-- silence. I would expect a stranger to have more common courtesy in an interaction. As soon as she found out our son is spending the weekend with his other GPs (since they asked to have him up there and are picking him up to boot) she really gave me the cold shoulder-- told me that my MIL should not be trusted because she drinks and that we should not allow Luke to go there. I guess that is the only leverage she coudl use on my MIL -- however though I know my MIL drinks in the evening and has had problems with drinking acc to my hubs in the past-- my father in law and brother in law and sister in law will also be around all weekend. And my MIL never drives at all much less drunk-- what a mean spiteful person my mom is--it just made me ill.

Vicki--actually my old neurologist was good abotu my headaches but as they lessened over the years there was no reason to constantly go to him-- no reason to continue on topamax with all the SEs when the headaches I get now though horrid are mostly triggered by hormones and would come no matter what preventive I was on. I am allergic to imitrex. I am not adverse to going back on a preventive but it is probably overkill-- what I need is pain relief the one time a month or 6 weeks I get one and that is harder to get than it ought to be-- due to all the drug seekers. Right now my stomach is worn out from all the advil which is not helping. The good thing is I am still functioning just not feeling great while doing it! Your leg looks so painful-- I just pray it will get better!

Comment

Cracking me up, Fen!!! Wish I could quote single post info!
                ATL, I can give you info on a really great doctor up by Northside Hospital. As far as your mother, it's a tragic loss to have a mother who acts like that towards you, but it cannot define you. You have been a fantastic success. I had a mother who was WORSHIPPED by everyone, but I could never do enough. My daughter critiques me constantly. It's what happens sometimes in families. YOU are not what she thinks. So, quit trying for her to be thrilled over you, be yourself, and let her be whatever she needs. At least you don't live with her, right!
                Probably spent $100 on getting my bridge recemented today. Made chicken sandwiches tonight, with tomatoes and lettuce. It's out. S*#T! Not happening again. Need me a nice mason jar next to the bed to keep the next ones in.
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ruby--pm me about that doctor if you get a chance. I would love to have a name. If it is here tomorrow I am not going to be a martyr, I am going to try to get some pain relief (that will not tear up my stomach and will actually work). Thank goodness I am not living with my mom-- too true. When I was successful (or what the outward world would consider to be successful) I think my mom tried to live vicariously thorough me-- sort of the "I must be such a great mom 'cause look at my daughter" Now that she is not pleased with what she thinks I am-- the converse is true!

Comment

ATLThrash;1171312 wrote: Ruby--pm me about that doctor if you get a chance. I would love to have a name. If it is here tomorrow I am not going to be a martyr, I am going to try to get some pain relief (that will not tear up my stomach and will actually work). Thank goodness I am not living with my mom-- too true. When I was successful (or what the outward world would consider to be successful) I think my mom tried to live vicariously thorough me-- sort of the "I must be such a great mom 'cause look at my daughter" Now that she is not pleased with what she thinks I am-- the converse is true!
                    Honey, my daughter was the first EVER college graduate in my family. Yes, I was proud. Yes, I'm proud today, but it's because of who she IS, and I had to have some part in that. No matter what, I will love and support my children. I'm their mother, and I love them. Do NOT let her make you feel like a failure or determine what is the right path for you.
                    Sending you that info, OK?
                    sigpic

Comment

rubywillow;1171310 wrote:
                      Probably spent $100 on getting my bridge recemented today. Made chicken sandwiches tonight, with tomatoes and lettuce. It's out. S*#T! Not happening again. Need me a nice mason jar next to the bed to keep the next ones in.
                      Are you talking about your bridge? Again?!!! Rubes, that doesn't make sense. What sort of cement is your doc using? I know crowns are different, but I have one that's been fine since 1989! The thing has never come out. You shouldn't have to pay for a re-do. It should stay there for longer than a day!

Comment

Oh, and I trust my gaydar...look what happened to Chely Wright when she came out...she lost two thirds of her fan base. Brad probably won't take that chance. Glad I'm offering you some entertainment, Rubes!

Comment

Rog, Nora, Kelly, Biz, R.C., ATL...I'm thinking of all of you and sending prayers your way. :h Hang in there...

Comment

I spent the day at Tick Hollow. Sometimes I'm amazed at the amount of grunt labor I am capable of. I finished priming the bathroom, primed the loft floor, scrubbed the floor of the main area (with putty knife and scrubby to remove paint specks), scrubbed the counters, replaced all the electric and light switch plates, removed all painter's tape and newspaper, painted the floor of the loft, un-boxed new (small) appliances, unpacked pots and pans...I'm probably missing something, LOL! Saw a big deer on my way out of the drive. The place is really starting to look good.

Comment

Tomorrow is a "mom" day for me. Taking my mom to her cardiac rehab, hair appointment and shopping.

Comment

hey there everyone sending prayers and big hugs out to one and all .. long day here has some pool solar work and then made a few calls and had to go do some plumbing .. but all and all a good day and i dont want to jinxs myself but my phone rang and have a app at 5 pm tomorrow .. so jusdt crossing my finger got resumes ready so we'll se how it goes .. love and big hugs one and all later
                                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                                X