AF for Augst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF for Augst

Well here it is, the Af for August group! Everyone is welcome in this group no matter what date in August that you quit. You could join August 30th if you want and you can still be part of the group. Lets all pledge that the month of August will be af. And if god forbid one of us falls off the wagon, lets jump right back on and stay with the group!

I pledge to make the entire month of August AF! And here are some tips to stay af.

Take it a day at a time, don't worry about yesterday because yesterday is over, and don't worry about tomorrow because tomorrow isn't here yet. Just focus on today and make it through af.

Make up a af plan and stick with it. Don't let anyone try to make you go off your af plan.

Create a support group to help you stay sober both online and offline.

If you fall off the wagon, then jump right back on.

If you know of anymore tips then feel free to add them. And I ment to do this last night but forgot to do it. Sorry about that.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

AF for Augst

Good Morning!

I'm heading off to the dentist this a.m. While it's not usually something I look forward to, it will be nice to have the red wine and nicotine stains scraped off to begin this next new chapter in life free of addictions!
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF for Augst

Hi everyone, happy AF August! Starting Day 5 AF free for me and I haven't felt better in I can't remember how long. Let's do this together!

Comment

AF for Augst

Okay I am in too. I will be away for three weeks in August, starting tomorrow, back home after one week, then away for the last two weeks of the month. It will be challenging because it will be vacation and play time.

I will check in when I can. I am looking for support and would love to give it also.

I have managed 30 AF days before, and have given up wine for the most part. My husband buys beer all the time, so there is always beer in the house and I have been drinking it. Usually 3 to 4 every day. so I want to kick this habit too. I have managed to stay away from drinking wine and now hope to go the last distance and get the beer done with. My husband doesn't drink as much as I do, so I believe there will always be that temptation here that I need to overlook.

I wish everyone much success and looking forward to August.

Windy

Comment

AF for Augst

I am looking forward to an AF August right along side you guys!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF for Augst

DA, hope people know they can come from othere places and join several threads they like. Post as you like; the only rules are etiquette. Be AMBITHREAD! (my new word! :H)
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

AF for Augst

Cannot wait for another month AF! IM in! x

Comment

AF for Augst

Day 73 af at the start of the month and I plan to add to it. I will be at day 103 by the end of the month. But I will be taking it odaat.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

AF for Augst

Today is day 21 AF for me and I feel so great I'll happily do another month!

Comment

AF for Augst

Looking for my first AF month in at least 20 years! It hasn't always been the problem it is now, but there are sure a lot of photos of me over the years holding a wine glass!

Day four...in the bag! Bring on day five.
                    ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                    -----------------------------------
                    Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

AF for Augst

Happy August! Just finished Day 12 AF! I am in for August. I am still struggling but it I have these amazing moments of happiness and clarity that I never would get while hanging out with AL. I am working out every day and I have no worries about doing something embarassing or not remembering what I said or did the night before. I feel healthy. I like this feeling.

Comment

AF for Augst

DA - thanks for this thread. I will join you. Day 40 today.

YOU'RE ALWAYS ONE CHOICE AWAY FROM CHANGING YOUR LIFE:h
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF for Augst

I'm in ---- I have 51 days Af and looking to add 30 more. Let's do it together!

Comment

AF for Augst

Finishing Day 73 and moving onto Day 74 soon.

Comment

AF for Augst

day 74 for me and will be joing you for august also keep it up all of you

Comment

Working...
                              X