• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF for Augst

FlyAway, thanks!

Comment

AF for Augst

Hi All: Just finished up day number 24 AF. Feeling pretty good. Huge trigger day with a big family reunion with my heavily drinking relatives. Made it through okay. Felt like I was coming out of my skin most of the time though. I have such a hard time socializing without AL. All in all it was an okay day though. Hope everyone is doing well!

Comment

AF for Augst

GT, not drinking has made me realize just how little I care about socializing. I definitely feel your pain! Hoping this aspect of being AF gets better. I think it will given time. Congrats on making it through a tough situation.

I had a nice dinner out tonight without wine - a big accomplishment for me! I had intended not to do any sit down dinners for a while, but it just happened. So, glad I didn't cave..........I know you are too!

Comment

AF for Augst

It is a great feeling to go to bed and know that you didn't cave. Makes waking up better since I don't have a hangover, and sometimes I think of my friends (on weekends) who drank and I feel grateful to not have the hangover that they do.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

AF for Augst

Day Seven here

It's proving to be a tough day seven, but day seven nonetheless... Staying high and dry. (My new personal phrase for being alcohol-free... Not entirely original, perhaps, but I like it!)

Comment

AF for Augst

Day 7 for me today - feeling strong, healthy and happy. Strength to all you August abstainers!

Comment

AF for Augst

DA - I was just thinking that this morning when I woke up. I feel so good. Rested, clear headed, and not guilty or sick. It is definitely a good feeling!

Comment

AF for Augst

Going to go to bed sober tonight and tomorrow is both Day 93 and my three month anniversary of being AF!
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

AF for Augst

Great job Drifty! Day 32 for me tomorrow.

Comment

AF for Augst

Hi folks, really trying to be AF for a week first or a day at a time. Any tips from the August Free folks, anything would be appreciated.
                      I GET KNOCKED DOWN - BUT I GET UP AGAIN -YOUR NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN! :lordhelpme:

Comment

AF for Augst

Read up on the posts, and take it a day at a time. If you do it a week at a time, it will look bigger and tougher then it really is. And make sure there is no AL in the house.

Comment

AF for Augst

Cailin - Welcome....Glad you are here! It takes a village, eh?

To add to Drifty(not DRAFTY!)Alison's very good advice...Drink A LOT OF WATER. Do not let yourself get dehydrated. It will also expedite the flushing of the toxins from your body. Have you considered taking supplements? Alcohol robs our bodies of many nutrients and wrecks our GI track. L-Glutamine is magic. Helps to fight off cravings AND helps to heal your tummy lining. I like my L-Glut powdered. ByrdLady, on the other hand, loves to swallow hers whole. Check out the holistic healing threads for all sorts of information on the vitamins and amino acids you need to get all your processes back in order. AL really screws up the brain chemistry and circuitry.

Finally..there's the TOOLBOX. It lives in the Monthly Abstinence section. You'll find all sorts of ideas for making a plan....and dealing with the temptations that may come along.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...-18-27556.html

Keep reading...and post when you can...there are many wise people here who are generous with their help!
                          Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF for Augst

Meant to add...CONGRATS DRIFTYALISON on 3 months plus! You are another light for me and many others.
                            Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF for Augst

The month of August has gone by so fast. Hard to believe there has not been one day this month that I have had AL. But, it's true, and I am really proud of myself. Today is day 34 AF. I want to be healthy. I don't want the stress and trouble that AL brought me in my life anymore.
                              Stay strong everyone!
                              xo
                              Ab

Comment

AF for Augst

I did it, I did the entire month of August af! Now onto September and yes September will be another af month.

ODAAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X