• Show
Clear All

Army Thread 5th August

Sorry to hear about your cat, KTAB :l
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

KTAB;1158410 wrote: Morning folks sorry to put a damper on the day but I am sad this morning and a little grumpy. Last night I hit our 17 yr old cat while reversing the car. It was out of hours so had to drive to the vet hospital in Dublin where they had to put her sleep. Needless to say I blame myself for not seeing her and her injuries are hard to clear from my thoughts. I know she was only a cat but 17 years is a long time and we do get very attached to our animals. Needless to say I grabbed a bottle of wine for solace which was very stupid and has hardly helped the mood.
      Morning KTABs. Very sorry to hear this. We do indeed become very attached to our animals, especially after 17 years. They become part of our families. You may possibly remember that I lost my own nearly-17 year old cat a few months ago, so I have some idea of what you are going through. You mustn't blame yourself - it's very easy for a small animal to sneak behind the car unnoticed when you are reversing and it's something I constantly worry about myself with regard to my one remaining cat.

It's not hard to understand how you were tempted to grab a bottle of wine, but try to stop at one bottle. It would be a real shame to undo all the good work you have done so far in getting yourself off the booze.

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

Thanks for all your kind words and support, as usual folks. Last nights wine was an aberration and wont be repeated tonight. I didnt even finish the bottle.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

That was ruff Molly.......

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

Oh dear, Molls :H:H:H

***Groan*** Tabbers
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

Oh KTAB :l Thinking of you hon.
              Good luck with the baby Molly! What age is she?
              I'd best go and get a start on the housework before the day is gone. It's amazing how time flies once I get on the computer.
              laters xxx

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

Tabbers so sorry to about your cat..just lost one of ours not long ago..bloody hard mate..no, you dont know what you would do in a serious drama. None of us do. You just have to take that as it comes. Dont forecast :l

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

Actually Tabbers to put your mind at rest - we in Queensland Australia appear to not even notice our own children in the driveway.

Kidsafe Queensland - preventing unintentional death and injury to children - Kidsafe Queensland

Not funny, but it makes you think.

Just saying and still :l

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

KTAB;1158410 wrote: Morning folks sorry to put a damper on the day but I am sad this morning and a little grumpy. Last night I hit our 17 yr old cat while reversing the car. It was out of hours so had to drive to the vet hospital in Dublin where they had to put her sleep. Needless to say I blame myself for not seeing her and her injuries are hard to clear from my thoughts. I know she was only a cat but 17 years is a long time and we do get very attached to our animals. Needless to say I grabbed a bottle of wine for solace which was very stupid and has hardly helped the mood.
                    Shit Tabbers.
                    I just heard.
                    Not just a cat at all. A member of the family.
                    I believe you all remember what a box of frogs I was when my girl had her 'near death experience'

Really sorry Tabbers :upset:

Bridge.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

mollyka;1158448 wrote:
                      Sorry if my tale was offensive Tabbers - one of my faults - never great with 'time and place' sort of things.
                      Are you related to Prince Philip by any chance?
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

expat3;1158430 wrote: Oh KTAB :l Thinking of you hon.
                        Thanks Expat.

myhappyplace;1158444 wrote: Actually Tabbers to put your mind at rest - we in Queensland Australia appear to not even notice our own children in the driveway.

Kidsafe Queensland - preventing unintentional death and injury to children - Kidsafe Queensland

Not funny, but it makes you think.

Just saying and still :l
                        Bloody hell thats a scary stat for any parent.
                        My lad is safe, he is bigger than me at this stage.

mollyka;1158448 wrote:
                        Makin me broody to be a granny - once it's not my 17 yr old prodigy

Sorry if my tale was offensive Tabbers - one of my faults - never great with 'time and place' sort of things. I did actually run over someone elses cat once - completely not my fault - for once, and the guilt I felt was horrible - the kids were in the back of the car and wanted to bury it and everything. We eventually knocked on doors looking for the owner - but by the time we got back to where the cat was, it was gone so either wasn't dead or someone else did the decent thing!
                        I didnt take offense Molly, you're grand. LOL @ granny Molly/teenage son. Be careful, many a true word spoken in jest eh.

byebyebridgetjones;1158451 wrote:
                        Shit Tabbers.
                        I just heard.
                        Not just a cat at all. A member of the family.
                        I believe you all remember what a box of frogs I was when my girl had her 'near death experience'

Really sorry Tabbers :upset:

Bridge.
                        Yeh I remember that well Bridge, nasty business.

Well folks my dogs are getting pampered today.

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

Hello Everyone,

Just checking in to say hello.

Thanks for your thoughts

EW
                          If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

Hi Molly,

Not really, a bit overwhelmed at the moment!

Hope you're well?

EW

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

Good to see you, EW. We're here if you want to talk... Or send a PM...
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th August

Well I have been trying to do too much lately, Laura is v demanding at the moment and I can't breathe without permission.

I go into work and I am doing 3 people's jobs because my colleagues are lazy and I think I had a mini-breakdown and just had to get out before I burst into tears like a loony.

Today I couldn't go in, so now I just sit here worrying what they are all saying behind my back.

I just want to run away.

Comment

Working...
                                X