Just Starting out Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Starting out Again

Vynan, you aren't boring anyone. It makes me happy to see others succeeding! It really is an amazing feeling when you get several days in, isn't it? You can expect to be hearing from the alcohol voice off and on, telling you that it's been a week and you can have a drink and stop there, etc., but keep on ignoring it and it will get weaker and weaker. Good job.

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Hey Flyaway,

You nailed it....I have prepared to face that inside voice which says "you been good one week...one drink wont hurt"...Not this time, no way its gonna punch me on the face!

Anyways Congrats on your 1 month!

Vijay

Comment

Just Starting out Again

I think L-Glutamine, eating VERY healthy foods, tons of water with lemon - that's what helped me get my first 30 sober days. I went back to trying to drink less after that -- I did better, but not good enough so I'm with you all in embarking upon a new, healthy, anxiety-free life -- one where we experience it on its terms - not numbed out or hung over.

Strength to us all!

Vijay - I just now read back far enough to see what you did detoxing! Fantastic job - I love the phrase about loving your body. We only have one - let's take care of it!

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Well done Vijay! I personally love how you detoxed well planned and armed with support for your body and realistic expectations. Very well done. I wish you continued success in taking your life back!
          I actually think your Detox should have a sticky on it.
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Day 6

Maintaining the same diet regime with supplements and hydration. Herbal infusions really help...trust me.
            Started the exercise regime and surprised myself yesterday by jogging 1 1/2 Kms and sprinting 300 mts. Man I thought that was the thing of the past....and also pushups in the morning.
            feeling refreashed!

Thanks

Vijay

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Yah one more thing...just to re-establish my confidence, heading out to a pub in the evening to meet a friend and drink only perriers. Lets see how that goes

Vy

Comment

Just Starting out Again

vynan;1162249 wrote: Yah one more thing...just to re-establish my confidence, heading out to a pub in the evening to meet a friend and drink only perriers. Lets see how that goes

Vy
                I hope that you are really confident you can stay sober in that situation. Don't "test" yourself unless you're sure.

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Day 7

Feeleing very energetic and feel that I need to release the same with exercise. As indicated maintaining the same healthy diet pattern with supps. Started out walks, light workouts and today gonna go out to swim.

Soberity Rocks!

Vijay

Comment

Just Starting out Again

One Week!

Going strong! new agenda...gonna loose some weight and build Satmina...feeling wonderful. No Cravings, feeling renewed.

Vijay

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Day 9

Started workout regime in full swing....aah slight body pain from swimming!
                      Important update for day 9 is so far i could sense a recovery in the body i.e feeling energetic, stronger and a willingness for exercise, but day 9 I am feeling that my thinking, concentration and focus has increased drastically. There is a sudden incination towards attention to detail, communication, numbers etc....

Vijay

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Day 10,

Going strong but for the fact that had a bad craving in the night...had to ward that off with some herbal infusions with honey. One thing which I love now is my sleep, peacful and serene. i dont want to ruin that by alcohol. One thing which I realised is cravings last for close to an hour, if you effectively divert that with a non-al alternative...you can curb it.

Vijay

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Well done my friend!
                          ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Day 11,

Going strong...need to have some exercise today as I skipped out yesterday!

Vijay

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Fan bloody tactic vijay! Keep it up buddy!
                              ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

Just Starting out Again

Thanks Geek.

Trust me I am able to do this due to the support I am getting from friends like you and others in this site. Day 12- Realized how much alcohol slowed me down personally and professionally. I was interviewing a candidate for Internship and she told me that she has seen my track record and wants to shape her career like me....little did she know the barrel i was in for the last one year and at a professional low due to drinking........glad I am back in form!

On a lighter side a few AL jokes i got on mail.........there you go

Vijay

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your bra.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like an idiot.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you have mystical Kung Fu powers, resulting in you getting your ass kicked.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to roll over in the morning and see something really scary.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug burns on the forehead/knees.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe you are invisible.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause a disturbance in the time-space continuum, whereby gaps of time may seem to literally disappear.

WARNING: consumption of alcohol may cause people in clubs to appear better looking than they actually are. (not to mention the lighting wonders for their looks)

At the end of the night a man leaves the bar.

Outside he sees a nun. He walks over to her and slaps her in the face. Then he punches her in the stomach and knocks her over.

He proceeds to kick her several times and when he's done he bends down to her and says, "not so tough tonight, are you Batman?"

Comment

Working...
                                X