this is never going to end, is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have been on this site a handful of times over the last couple of years. i do not want to drink anymore! i feel like it is only a matter of time before someone gets really hurt. i feel like i am jipping my kids out of the mom they deserve. i do not want to be known as the woman with a drinking problem. i have tried to talk to my husband but he just doesn't understand. he just says "well, try not to drink as much." i am a binge drinker and can drink and not eat for days (always over the weekend). i am almost 37 years old and have drank heavily since i was 15 or so. i am slowly killing myself. i am so sad and feel very alone. i know by the middle of the week i will feel better but i am very ready to make a change. i don't want to go to AA....i hate having this problem. i just feel so disappointed in myself and feel like my drinking is what is keeping my from living up to full potential.....thanks for listening.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

Hi star, I wish I knew what to say and take away your pain...or even just give you a hug! it was only two days ago that I felt exactly the same. All I can suggest though, is keep trying...thats what these wonderful guys here kept telling me...I hope you find some peace.
    ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

Star - good for you for coming back. :l Hang out here. Come here instead of picking up the first drink (trying to tell myself that one too). It will get better. Just hang on here & keep reading & posting. There is so much support & love here.
      Be sure to read the toolbox again. I have been reading some self help books. I believe that knowledge helps so I'm trying to reach out and get it from as many sources as I can.
      I never wanted to go to AA either. But, I have found a Women's meeting that I do like. They are really nice women and supportive. Maybe you can find a group that you do enjoy. I didn't think that I would but I did. I was reading Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher and there is a line in there that goes something like this - A person told her that she doesn't have to like the AA meeting. She just has to keep going. :H So, I'm trying to have that attitude. I'm not overwhelming myself with everything but I am trying different things.
      I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. :h:l:l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

thanks for the reply geekteeth...i have been sober twice...once for 8 months and once for 3 but i had to have something really horrible to happen to sober up. i just know my life would be so much better if i did not drink. uuggghhh...
        I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
        sober since 2/4/12

Comment

8 months is fantastic, as is 3 months also!

you have shown that it can be done hun....thinking of you, if you need a chat dont hesitate to get in touch!:l
          ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.

one step at a time star!

Comment

NoraC;1159937 wrote: Star - good for you for coming back. :l Hang out here. Come here instead of picking up the first drink (trying to tell myself that one too). It will get better. Just hang on here & keep reading & posting. There is so much support & love here.
              Be sure to read the toolbox again. I have been reading some self help books. I believe that knowledge helps so I'm trying to reach out and get it from as many sources as I can.
              I never wanted to go to AA either. But, I have found a Women's meeting that I do like. They are really nice women and supportive. Maybe you can find a group that you do enjoy. I didn't think that I would but I did. I was reading Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher and there is a line in there that goes something like this - A person told her that she doesn't have to like the AA meeting. She just has to keep going. :H So, I'm trying to have that attitude. I'm not overwhelming myself with everything but I am trying different things.
              I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. :h:l:l
              Nice post Nora:l
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Star... the great news is you are here and trying. We are all fighting the same battle. I am close in age to you and also a mom of two boys. I know my drinking has been hard on everyone in my family. I srarted a thread conquering day 1 about 1 month ago... you are welcome to join us (we are very supportive and not judgemental). I have been drinking steady for the past 15 years and made a committment to myself to change.

I am proud to say I have been alcohol free 25 of the past 29 days since I began visiting this site.

Best of luck in your journey..

Enough!
                Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X