MWO World Tour Part II-Piglet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recognise loads of those places and have even been in a couple of the shops!

I was in SF last summer for 2 weeks and did the half marathon there running over the Golden Gate bridge twice.

Fabulous pictures Thank you Enja

Comment

I LOVE San Fran...have family there
      Thanks Enja!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Next time I have piglet I am going to find all the nice parts of Britain and take pics. I am starting to realise that all you got from me was a toothless 6yr of hugging those animals to death. She did love them tho, and she asks me where they are now.....
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

I think it's something with having Piglet that makes you appreciate and see what is around you with a different perspective. I know after they left I would see something and think "that would be great to share"... Certainly opens your eyes.

Great photos Enja, looking forward to more. No pressure!

Comment

Great photos and very interesting picture subjects you've chosen, enja. :goodjob: Very enjoyable! Please keep up the good work!

Comment

enja;1263112 wrote:

Wow! Look at that hedge under the stairs. I.am.so.going.to.steal.that.idea!

Beautiful pics - I had no idea that there would be such stunning architecture. Thank you for sharing your part of the world with us. Looking forward to more.

Comment

Stunning pictures, Enja - loving the SF stopover!
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

stirly-girly;1262540 wrote: I was privileged to host Tigger on the first MWO Tour and I still remember how emotional I got when the packet arrived. Sweaty Betty had sent it by courier from Singapore, which was a whole new thing in itself - getting a parcel from such an exotic place. I was fairly new at MWO - had only been here a few months and was blown away that I was allowed to be part of the special group of people who had Tigger visit them and got a chance to share a bit of their everyday lives and the area that they live in with the rest of the members. I had him sitting up on my desk next to my flat screen whenever we weren't out and about and I can't tell you how much I missed him when he left. And I hated sealing him in the parcel to send him on to his next destination. Someone mentioned a while ago that Tigger, like Piglet and Miss K "are just stuffed animals after all." Several of us who had hosted them got a bit upset about that because what you said is true, Enja. They carry with them all that MWO is about - the fellowship, strength and love that makes this forum work.

I know that we will have a fabulous time visiting your beautiful city and I'd like to add a big THANK YOU to Expatty who started the second MWO Tour.

[/COLOR]
                  Ave to that Stirl. Having hosted both Tigger and Piglet, I have to say that I needed replacements. So I now have my very own ones (and also a William - if you want to know who he is you have to read back to Piglet's adventures in NZ)They sit beside my computer for day-to-day support and to remind me of what a fabulous community of people that MWO is.

enja;1262715 wrote: This outtake shows why I quickly abandoned trying to get them to pose in this position yesterday..

]
                  :H

Rags;1263146 wrote:
                  Damn, I knew Mr Rags and I should've evacuated to SF instead of Bishop!!!!
                  Too right Rags. On the other hand, we wouldn't have had our education enhanced about mules and the bakery if you hadn't relocated to Bishop!

pingu1997;1263479 wrote:
                  Next time I have piglet I am going to find all the nice parts of Britain and take pics. I am starting to realise that all you got from me was a toothless 6yr of hugging those animals to death. She did love them tho, and she asks me where they are now.....
                  Pingu - I LOVED your visit. One of the things that I really like about these international tours is seeing everyone's everyday lives. Truly, your kids made my heart sing with their big smiles and open hearts and their slippers and gumboots.

This isn't a "made for TV" slot. It is about sharing what is important to us. :l

And loving your pics Enja - if anything could make Miss K crack a smile it might be being in SF :H Maybe you should take her to Haight Ashbury :H

PS - I would love to see some pictures of the Presidio - I think it is stunning, but the last time I was there (1998) it seemed like it was virtually unused.

PPS - had to take all the emoticons out, but there were lots more laughs and hugs in the original
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Rags;1263146 wrote: Damn, I knew Mr Rags and I should've evacuated to SF instead of Bishop!!!!
                    (Longish story on the Undies thread ... we've just arrived back to-day from Mammoth Ca. where Mr Rags tried his best to have a heart attack).

Those photos are great. Is that the famous street where the car chase in Bullitt (and a zillion other movies) was shot?

What is doggies name? He's a foxy right? Sorry, haven't been following this thread too closely for a while.
                    I hope Mr Rags is feeling better - it would have been lovely to meet you (now that I'm brave and have de-lurked!)

Not the "Bullitt" street - but I hope to get there - thought it might be fun to take Piglet and Miss K on a Film Location theme one day. BTW, did you know the actual chase is impossible to drive, in one go, since it takes place all over the city? Bullitt Car Chase Map

My puplet is a Jack Russell Terrier (5 years old) and his name is Jasper. :h

one2many;1263156 wrote: Just Bleedin DEADLY! I wanna go! You are a wonderful host Enja!!
                    Firefox;1263186 wrote: Just luv the pics i have to visit there one day.
                    mama bear;1263417 wrote:
                    I LOVE San Fran...have family there
                    Thanks Enja!!
                    Thanks! Would love to meet y'all whif (when/if) you make it over here. :l

anon;1263204 wrote:
                    I recognise loads of those places and have even been in a couple of the shops!

I was in SF last summer for 2 weeks and did the half marathon there running over the Golden Gate bridge twice.

Fabulous pictures Thank you Enja
                    We could have walked past each other without even knowing it! Congrats on running the half marathon - were you surprised at how noisy it is on the GGB? I'm always amazed at what a racket the cars make driving over it! :H

Zenstyle;1263409 wrote:
                    :H:H Pardon the pun!!!

The architecture is fantastic. I've been to San Fran a couple of times and I swear I am seeing more from your pics Enja than I did when I was there...

And that child mannequin cracked me up!!! WTF is THAT about?!!! LMAO.....
                    I'm afraid all the nice comments about the architecture have unleashed a monster in me - LOADS more coming up. It's true, since I walk past them everyday I sort of forget how lovely many of them are (there are also plenty of horrors but I'm editing them out!)

Yeah, that mannequin is very scary....imagine walking up the street on a very foggy night with the shop dimly lit on the inside and seeing that appear through the fog *shudder*
                    :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

stirly-girly;1263141 wrote:
                      Piglet and MissK and the MWO members all had a wonderful time visiting with you and your family. Music lessons and meditation and stick fights in the woods at Burnham Beeches. And the river pictures from Marlow were outstanding.
                      What she said! Pingu, I LOVED your photos of P & MK's visit. :l And you are so strong to be winning while your daughter is still young - seeing her beautiful face and the joy that shines from her made me realize, yet again, how much precious time I just threw away. My son is off to Uni soon and I'm heartbroken with the knowledge of how much I short-changed my family for so many years.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1263626 wrote:

......And loving your pics Enja - if anything could make Miss K crack a smile it might be being in SF :H Maybe you should take her to Haight Ashbury :H

PS - I would love to see some pictures of the Presidio - I think it is stunning, but the last time I was there (1998) it seemed like it was virtually unused.
                        Definitely will be heading to Haight/Ashbury - probably after visiting Golden Gate Park.

Stand by for Presidio pics - you won't believe the changes (all good!) :h

Comment

enja;1263632 wrote: [
                          Stand by for Presidio pics - you won't believe the changes (all good!) :h[/SIZE][/FONT]
                          Yay - I cant wait!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Recluse;1263529 wrote: Great photos and very interesting picture subjects you've chosen, enja. :goodjob: Very enjoyable! Please keep up the good work!
                            Thank you. :l

Before I launch into today's adventure I just wanted to let you all know that I wouldn't have been brave enough to ask if Piglet and Miss K could visit me if it weren't for the wonderful Recluse -- his was the first PM I received and with his help and encouragement I took the plunge.... and that's how I ended up here! So many, many thanks to the best panda in the world for enabling me, through Piglet and Miss K's visit, to really feel like I belong to the MWO family. :h

Comment

:l :l
                              one for each of you

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

The Presidio - this is going to have to be in two parts. President Obama was in town today and was to attend a fundraising dinner just up the road and when he's here they close down all of the streets in a 3 block radius, so I had to make sure I was back home before the swarms of Police and Secret Service took over. This also use to happen when Bill Clinton was President, but never when the Bush and Shrub were....I wonder why? :H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X