X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO World Tour Part II-Piglet!

JackieClaire;1224020 wrote: Awwwwwwwww Stirls,

Magnificent.
    one2many;1224024 wrote: Awwwhh Stirls, the kids are in awe here, just wonderful xx
    expat3;1224041 wrote: :h it!!! Awww Stirls. Athens is beautiful at Christmas time. Thank you for showing us around. Maybe next year...
    mama bear;1224044 wrote: Stirly
    this has been just lovely
    Thanks!!
    startingover;1224046 wrote:
    Fantastic Stirly !!! Gorgeous pics.

Miss Behaving;1224069 wrote:
    Stirly,

I have a wee tear in the corner of my eyes at your generosity of spirit.

And yes, they do look very cute in their new things!!!
    greeneyes;1224066 wrote:
    LOVING IT STIRLY!!! Thanks!!

To all of you - I was just about to go walk Freddie when I saw your comments. Again, I am so happy that you've all been enjoying Piglet and Miss K's visit to Greece. Thank you all again for your encouragement.

Mamabear, thanks for your post. These little guys help to pull us all together, no matter what part of the world we live in.

Greenie-bum - you did a one-of-a-kind visit with Tigger. I still laugh at "headless Barbie" and the police car.:H

MissyB - we had such a lovely visit with you. Maybe someday I can really visit you. How cool would that be?

Peeps, I am off to walk Freddo and then to bed. Tomorrowz....
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Lovely stuff Stirly, thank you.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

:l Stirly, lovely stuff

Comment

Thanks for hosting them, Stirls, I really enjoyed all the wonderful pictures and hope to get to that part of the world sometime in my lifetime...
          Am anticipating the next Mystery Host and unraveling clues...
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Are they dreaming of a white Christmas?????
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1224134 wrote: Are they dreaming of a white Christmas????? Hmmm. I think I'll let the new Mystery Host answer that.
              Zenstyle;1224204 wrote:
              Look at Piglet! He's positively dapper in his new sweater and shirt! And Miss K has loads of bling! Perfect gifts!!! ) Yer a star Stirly... xxx

I'm in awe of the Christmas decs over there in Greece... they are spectacular... KMart just ain't gonna look the same this year!!!!!

They leave tomorrow? ( Seems like they just got there.............
              It does seem like Piglet and Miss K left too early but then we definitely want them to get to their next destination by Christmas and not be traveling instead. I had wanted to take them to one of a few places relatively close by - either Athens or Cape Sounio or Lake Marathona. However, it wasn't possible for me to do it on the weekend and time-wise it wasn't feasible today. So I took them for one last visit to the harbour.

And now they have started on a new bumpity-bumpity, whoosh-whoosh ride. I know for sure that we will enjoy the next leg of Piglet and Miss K's journey along with them.

If it's okay with the new MH, I'd like to continue to post some pictures for the next couple of days, just to keep up the interest on the thread and not have it stuck on page 3. Then MH can start giving us some clues as to where the little ones are on their way to, if he/she wants to. I have some pictures of Athens from my visit with Tigger and I have some pictures taken this time three years ago of Cape Sounio. My nephew - the one who carried the torch in the Olympic Torch Relay - was visiting us and since he's very interested in ancient sites, we drove over to Sounio one day and took some lovely pictures. It was so warm, we drove over and back with the top down on the car. I know youz in colder climes are so happy for that bit of information. :H

Mystery Host - I know that you will enjoy having Piglet and Miss K as much as I did. Look out for the wee lass tho' - she can be just a bit demanding sometimes and Piglet will complain if he doesn't have his choklit.

Comment

I for one would love to see pictures of Athens Stirly - I've never been there and it is one my list of places to go to one day!!
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

me too!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Please! More photos Stirls!

Comment

Just wonderful Stils, looking forward to more pics!!

What about a teeny weeny small clue about where they are heading?
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Stirly you were a wonderful host, lovely pics
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

WE WANT MORE

WE WANT MORE

WE WANT MORE

WE WANT MORE

WE WANT MORE
                          I'll do whatever it takes
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I have ALWAYS wanted to see Athens, Adam looking forward to it too!
                            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Miss Behaving;1224602 wrote: I for one would love to see pictures of Athens Stirly - I've never been there and it is one my list of places to go to one day!!Missy, if you ever make it to Athens, I will be there with bells on to greet you. Anon - our dear Mrs. A, is going to visit Greece next summer and we're going to meet at the Athens airport between flights. I'm already excited!!!
                              mama bear;1224616 wrote: me too!!
                              expat3;1224622 wrote: Please! More photos Stirls!

one2many;1224649 wrote:
                              Just wonderful Stils, looking forward to more pics!!

What about a teeny weeny small clue about where they are heading?
                              Panno;1224652 wrote:
                              Stirly you were a wonderful host, lovely pics.
                              tiptronic_ct;1224659 wrote:
                              WE WANT MORE

WE WANT MORE

WE WANT MORE

WE WANT MORE

WE WANT MORE
                              Well, since you all insist and MH told me in a PM that it's okay - here goes. I guess starting off with the Acropolis would be the right way to do it. Now don't think that Tigger is trying to hi-jack Piglet's tour but he is in a lot of the pictures since I was showing him the city.

Here he had climbed up a tree to get a better view of the Acropolis. I'd been taking pictures of the Acropolis museum and had turned my back for a minute and up he went, little bugger...

We had started our walk through Athens by going to the classic Olympic stadium. This wee bit of info about the stadium. It is the only major stadium in the world built entirely of white marble (from Mount Penteli) and one of the oldest stadiums in the world. Quite impressive, really. Here's the link if anyone's interested

Panathinaiko Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I showed him the building across from it that Mr. Stirly helped design and build. There is a huge garden with full-sized trees on the roof and all the door handles and taps, etc in the building are gold-plated. It belongs to a shipping magnate and his family. Being across from the Olympic Stadium and next to the Presidential Palace, the property is one of the most expensive in Athens.

Then we took a walk through the National Park that to the left of the building above. It was June so there are different flowers in bloom now but not much changes as most of the trees and bushes are ones that don't lose their leaves in the winter. This is the entrance to the garden, right next to the Greek Parliament buildings on Constitution Square.

Then a walk through the gardens...

And we found a turtle pond...

Comment

Just wonderful pics Stirly. Thanks so much. John xxx
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X