MWO World Tour Part II-Piglet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew....not sure what was going on with P'Bouquet but it was being a bit difficult so this comes a bit later than I planned.

Busy day today - Piglet and Miss K were kind enough to accompany me to a few personal appointments I had today (definitely NO pics of those :H). It was a beautiful sunny day today, though a bit chilly - mid 40's F in the morning but went up to the low 60's F by the afternoon. OK, here we go!

Miss K was pleased to find some familiar looking trees, not sure, but I think I saw a fleeting smile. Piglet just beamed, as always.

Today is garbage pick up day in my hood -- these are what our bins look like. :H Black is for garbage, garbage, blue is for recycling (we can throw plastic, paper and cans all together) and green is for anything that can be composted.
    :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

This is the park a couple of blocks from me. I was going to take Piglet and Miss K to play in the playground, but it was full of....kids. :H So we just looked at the views.

This is looking South and slightly to the East - it's a similar view to the one from my dining room. The building with the odd looking roof to the right of the tall building on the left top of the photo is Saint Mary?s Cathedral - it was likened to a washing machine agitator when first built. :H

There are three public tennis/basketball courts, available on a first come, first served basis.

Comment

Oh - what lovely photographs. The bins part is interesting but what really caught my eye in this picture is the house with it's lovely stained glass windows. It is to die for. And some lovely older houses in the other pictures. Not crazy about the cathedral tho'. I'm not much of a fan of modern architecture. Give me Victorian anytime. You live in a beautiful place Enja, lovely houses. The park is fab and great to see so many people taking their kids to the playground and it's not even the weekend. Free tennis courts are unheard of here - lucky you. Wonderful pictures. You've brought a ray of sunshine to a very cloudy and dismal Greece.
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

This is looking North - the Bay and Tiberon straight ahead, Angel Island (one of my clues!) is to the right (with no buildings on it) though from this angle it doesn't look like much of an island.

I LOVE this apartment building, the view from the penthouse would be amazing!

Comment

Fillmore Street - lots of shops, restaurants and home of Pet's Unlimited - a dog, cat (and occasional bunny) Shelter/Adoption Centre and Vets. This is where I adopted my puplet from nearly two years ago. :h He was three years old at the time and had been abandoned over in the East Bay when they rescued him.

Chouquet?s - nice to sit outside for brunch and the puplet can come along too.

The fab Clay Theatre - built in 1910. It usually shows foreign and independant films as well as showing movies at midnight - it was the first theatre in SF to do so with the premiere of Pink Flamingos.

Comment

Shops!

Scary, psycho looking child mannequin....

:H

Piglet and Miss K were gasping by this time, so we stopped off to share a coffee.

Comment

Enough shopping for now, lets go look at some houses and the Library.

Converted Firehouse - they still have the pole that the firemen would slide down -lol and the reason for the tower was to dry the hoses.

Our Library - built in 1921

Comment

More shops! This time it's Sacramento Street - there are quite a few that sell all kinds of eclectic furniture, linens, objects d'arte...or as Mr enja likes to call it "useless tat" :H

Comment

This is Bryan's - for those in the Army, my version of friggentesco's :H

Comment

Our other movie theatre the Vogue - opened in 1910.

Piglet and Miss K got tired of shopping so they waited at the Library. :H I think we're all shopped out now and will head to a different part of the city tomorrow.

Comment

god they beat my pictures of frigginasda in lower earley......
                        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Oh my, Oh My, OH MY!!! - I want to book a ticket right now for San Francisco. Love the shops - have already picked out a few things I'd like to buy. But what has me glued to the screen is the architecture. Love it. Love it!!! These two buildings are simply outstanding IMHO.:goodjob: Enja. Fabulous pictures.

pingu1997;1263130 wrote: god they beat my pictures of frigginasda in lower earley......
                          :H:H That made me laugh, Pingu. You gave us a great visit and Piglet and MissK and the MWO members all had a wonderful time visiting with you and your family. Music lessons and meditation and stick fights in the woods at Burnham Beeches. And the river pictures from Marlow were outstanding.
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Damn, I knew Mr Rags and I should've evacuated to SF instead of Bishop!!!!
                            (Longish story on the Undies thread ... we've just arrived back to-day from Mammoth Ca. where Mr Rags tried his best to have a heart attack).

Those photos are great. Is that the famous street where the car chase in Bullitt (and a zillion other movies) was shot?

What is doggies name? He's a foxy right? Sorry, haven't been following this thread too closely for a while.

Comment

Just Bleedin DEADLY! I wanna go! You are a wonderful host Enja!!
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Just luv the pics i have to visit there one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X