MWO World Tour Part II-Piglet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superb pics of the architecture, enja. And of the ocean. I'm getting ocean envy. I suddenly feel the need to make a trip to the coast somewhere, anywhere....to see the sea.

Is it always sunny like that?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1263691 wrote: Thank you. So very much.What Froglet said, with a couple of extra very's added as in "Thank you. So very, very, very much.
      expat3;1263701 wrote: Thank you Enja! Beautiful pics!:hWhat ExPatty said. Gorgeous pictures, Enja.
      Zenstyle;1263908 wrote: LOLing at the "Bush and Shrub" comment... :HGave me quite the chuckle as well...:H
      Zenstyle;1263908 wrote:
      The architecture is just fan-bloody-tastic! You take really good pics Enja...

Thanks from me too! Really enjoying the thread... )
      Actually I am in awe of the architecture. I have just looked over the pictures for the third time. And will do so again when I have time to really look at the details. If I lived there, I'd be walking the streets all day long just to look at those houses. And the way they combine the colours is outstanding.Recluse;1264016 wrote:
      Reccie - I've been enjoying the sun in the pictures too since the only time we see it here is for a few minutes after sunrise and then the clouds take over.
      Recluse;1264016 wrote:
      Superb pics of the architecture, enja. And of the ocean. I'm getting ocean envy. I suddenly feel the need to make a trip to the coast somewhere, anywhere....to see the sea.
      There's a great big sea to be seen right here in Stirly-world. Three minutes tops by car. Fifteen minutes by foot. Seriously, if you can manage a trip to the coast, go for it. There is something incredibly revitalizing about the ocean, especially in the winter.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Rags;1263681 wrote: Enja,
        Thanks for the wonderful pictures! What a beautiful city you live in. And that wonderful architecture.
        Give Jasper a pat for me. If I get over to SF in the next couple of years I?d love to meet you and give him a pat myself.
        And thanks for the Bullitt map. Still great piece of movie making!

Some of those trees in Lovers Lane look like they've escaped from Australia and transplanted themselves there.

And look at those clear blue skies! What's the temperature there?
        Thank you! :l

Yes, plenty of eucalyptus trees in San Francisco. Hundreds of thousands were planted in the Presidio and in Golden Gate Park back in the mid to late 1800's when it was just sand dunes. The trees were fast growing and were also able to withstand the the winds off the Pacific and grow well in sandy soil. I think they are gorgeous (and smell wonderful!) but there is (isn't there always.... :H) a contingent who loathe them because they are not "native".

Spring and Autumn are usually the best time time to visit, Summer is typically cold and foggy (you probably have heard the quote attributed to Mark Twain (which in fact he never did say!) "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" :H and Winter is rainy, except this year we have only had about 45% of our typical rainfall, which is a worry. Temperatures this past week were around a high of 66?F and low of 44?F (19?C / 6?C) though the forecast is for cooler temps this coming week.
        :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

Recluse;1264016 wrote: Superb pics of the architecture, enja. And of the ocean. I'm getting ocean envy. I suddenly feel the need to make a trip to the coast somewhere, anywhere....to see the sea.

Thanks! :l I love living close to the ocean and enjoy walking on the beach in rain, shine, foggy or clear days - hope you get to visit the coast soon, there is something calming yet invigorating about it.

Nope, not always sunny as you will see shortly from today's photos. :H

Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments tawny, expat, zen and stirly. :l I'm glad you're enjoying the architecture - I feel I've been a bit "one note" so far but I will get Piglet and Miss K out of the neighbourhood and around and about in other parts of the city soon! :H In fact they did take their first trip over the GGB to Sausalito today but unfortunately it was only a quick trip and I couldn't show them around.

Comment

A few more photos from the Presidio -- these buildings are just off the Parade Ground and used to be officer housing.

Comment

This little bridge is at the end of Lovers' Lane - Piglet enjoyed it especially :h but sadly we couldn't play Poohsticks because the stream is down to just a trickle at the moment. There is a very good blackberry patch on the other side of the bridge (behind me).

Comment

Here comes the fog quite often it only comes in on the SF side and it's quite a contrast when you get closer to the Marin side. These photos are taken on the return from Sausalito around 4:30pm today. I :h the fog.

Approaching the bridge

About half way across

Definitely on the SF side :H

Comment

The Golden Gate Bridge is 75 years old this year! I hadn't been to the visitors center/gift shop for awhile and didn't realize that they are tarting up the area - I'm sure it will be lovely when it's completed but I'll miss the funky, cool old Deco style.

Marking out the planting for the 75th

Comment

Toll Booths - you only pay to come into the city (same over on the Bay Bridge)

"Golden Gate" refers to the name of the entrance of the Bay not the colour of the bridge---if I had a $ for everytime somebody said "but it's not golden"....

Looking back towards the city

Comment

We had a nice lunch sitting outside before the fog came in.

After lunch we stopped in at a specialty dog and cat shop --- they even have pastries for pups. :H

No treats for the pup this time but the kids and I had one!

Comment

Money toll or is it auto toll with a little thingy attached to your windscreen that goes bingly beep so you can go through fast track?

Comment

You can do either Rags. Fastrack is the automatic pass you put in your car that allows you to just drive through!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

sunshinetoday;1264473 wrote: You can do either Rags. Fastrack is the automatic pass you put in your car that allows you to just drive through!
                              Exactly! They try to encourage you to use Fastrack passes by charging $1 less ($5 instead of $6) and also by having dedicated Fastrack lanes.

Comment

I had a camera malfunction today.... :upset: so I'm going to post some photos showing SF in bloom - I actually took these last year - hope you enjoy Piglet and Miss K's time travel....

Comment

Working...
                                X