MWO World Tour Part II-Piglet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss Behaving;1281989 wrote: you know what?? Miss K almost looks like she is smiling. Is this a first for her?????? :H:H Must be she she is enjoying Enja's hospitality so much.

Or maybe it was the bath with Mad Cyril He looks like he would have created quite a splash :H:H
    I thought the exact same Missy. She looks like she's finally let her attitude guard down and is relaxing.

Very sweet Enja.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

stirly-girly;1282020 wrote: Nah, take a closer look MissyB - she's still got that suspicious look in her little eyes. I think she's very possessive of Piglet and doesn't like it that another female is close enough to even be taking a picture of him. Maybe it's time for a male host for the Piglet Tour. Tipster for example. Or Techie, or Mr. G or Reggie. Now that would be a hoot. I imagine that Reggie would give us an unforgettable visit.

Anyway, the pictures are adorable. Bath time and bed time. Priceless. Again, :goodjob: Enja!!!
      Rockin' on the high seas with Reg gets my vote. No offense Techstar and G'man. Just queue up.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

horizonsnew;1281868 wrote: These pics are fabulous Enja! You have a gift for photography..and San Fran looks like a gorgeous place to live! x
        Thanks, horizons - this is a very special city, I'm very happy to have ended up here!

mama bear;1281878 wrote: I love all the murals!!!!
        All I ever see here is gang graffiti
        The murals are amazing... so many diverse styles and hundreds of them- here's a good link if you're interested in seeing more. San Francisco Mural Arts | Murals

Miss Behaving;1281989 wrote: you know what?? Miss K almost looks like she is smiling. Is this a first for her?????? :H Must be she she is enjoying Enja's hospitality so much.

Or maybe it was the bath with Mad Cyril He looks like he would have created quite a splash :H
        RingingCedars;1282095 wrote:
        I thought the exact same Missy. She looks like she's finally let her attitude guard down and is relaxing.

Very sweet Enja.
        I think she's enjoying all the Eucalyptus trees we have here!

stirly-girly;1282020 wrote:
        Nah, take a closer look MissyB - she's still got that suspicious look in her little eyes. I think she's very possessive of Piglet and doesn't like it that another female is close enough to even be taking a picture of him. Maybe it's time for a male host for the Piglet Tour. Tipster for example. Or Techie, or Mr. G or Reggie. Now that would be a hoot. I imagine that Reggie would give us an unforgettable visit.

Anyway, the pictures are adorable. Bath time and bed time. Priceless. Again, :goodjob: Enja!!!
        Thanks, stirly! You're right, it is probably time to think about their next destination (:upset I'm hoping to take them to a few more places around the city before they leave but if anyone would like to host them next send me a PM and we can sort out the travel plans!
        :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

Today Piglet and Miss K set off to see if they can find the treasure the koalas claimed was somewhere in Enjaland.....

It took almost all day but Miss K finally found something hidden in a tree

A treasure map!

Hooray! They find the treasure chest....just as the koalas described

Comment

Phew - that was an exhausting day (for some more than others!) - time for a reviving drink of Bourn-vita in its special mug, then a quick freshen up so they can....

....wish everyone a Happy St Patrick's Day!

Should have been a pot o' gold but didn't think of that till just now :H

Nighty, night...time for bed - back to sightseeing tomorrow

Comment

I've never met Miss K but she looks like she is smiling (in her own little way!):H
              Love the pics xxx

Comment

thanks for the link enja....some of those murals are gorgeous and it amazes me that so many are painted by "unknown"
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I just lovethis thread! Your pictures are amazing and you've put so much research into explaining the history. I love the adventures the critters are up to. Thanks for a wonderful imagination! I want to get tucked in too!
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hello! Well, the weather improved - stopped raining but it's been quite chilly with quite a brisk wind blowing but we bundled up and headed off to tackle Tourist Territory....Fishermans Wharf :H

We started off at Aquatic Park which is right next to the Hyde Street Pier/wharf area, a cable car turnaround and Ghirardelli Square

Angle Island and Alcatraz and part of the Hyde Street Pier

The "Balclutha" is a cargo ship that sailed between Cardiff and San Francisco in the late 1800's as well as sailing around Cape Horn, New Zealand and to the tip of South America. The ship was acquired and restored by the SF Maritime Park in the '50s and is now moored at the Hyde Street Pier. We spent a lot of time here when my son was young - he used to call the area "Ships Ahoy" :l :H

Comment

Ghiradelli Chocolate has been in this location since 1893 (This is behind you if you're looking at the bay from Aquatic Park)

At the end of the little beach are the Dolphin Club, founded in 1877 and right next door the Southend Rowing Club, founded in 1873 - both are athletic clubs whose members swim in the water at Aquatic Park amongst other crazy things :H

Comment

Zenstyle;1284684 wrote: Enja... Your local knowledge and your grasp on history... well, it's fascinating... and you take brilliant pics. Love the spin you've put on the wee fellers' visit... truly... ) If I send myself DHL will you take me to visit all those places? *sweet smile* lol...
                        Aww, thanks! :l Pop yourself into a DHL package and as soon as you get here we'll be on our way... you just need to decide what you want to see first

Comment

The entrance of Hyde Street Pier - I was planning to walk down and take pics of all the other boats but I had the puplet with me and I didn't realize they don't allow dogs :upset:

Starting to get closer to Fishermans Wharf....

...but there are still lots of *regular* businesses in addition to the touristy stuff

Day fishing boats for hire

Comment

It would have served him right if Jasper took a bite out of that lobster!

Boiling crabs and lobsters

These are what the guy fished out - they were steaming but you can't see it

Comment

And here's something I prepared earlier :H

Here are our little superstars! :h

Comment

Deepest tourist territory

Pier 39 is a sort of "Disneyfied" pier - best avoided if at all possible but it does have the attraction of sealions - I wanted to take pics but unfortunately Jasper got one whiff of them (they STINK!!!) and completely freaked out, started shaking, tucked his tail and tried to run in the opposite direction. So, no sealion photos but hopefully this link will work for you Sea Lion Webcam

This is Boudin bakery, they are one of the bakers that make our famous sourdough bread

Comment

Working...
                                X