MWO World Tour Part II-Piglet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mama bear;1374010 wrote: my secret fantasy is to own a nursey and play in the dirt all day...screw corporate life
    Reccie....you can pm me any time you want to talk babe
    Thank you mrs bear. I like your fantasy!

Edit: I assume you mean nursery and not nursey!

Comment

uhm yeah...no nursie here........of course I would change YOUR diapers...but no one else!
      I type too damn fast
      somewhere else once I typed "nob" instead of
      no" and cause a huge uproar!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

We visited the conservatory where they grow grapefruit trees:

Then we moved on to the Alpine House:

followed by the Fernery:

and the Lily House:

Comment

mama bear;1374016 wrote: uhm yeah...no nursie here........of course I would change YOUR diapers...but no one else!
          I type too damn fast
          somewhere else once I typed "nob" instead of
          no" and cause a huge uproar!
          :H:H:H

Comment

After viewing the insectivores, we moved on to the Palm House:

This is a pawpaw tree. The green fruit can be seen if you look very carefully.

And finally we visited the Arid House. Reccie sat me down on a cactus that is native to central and northern Mexico. The bastard! :upset:

Comment

Poor Piglet!
              The gardens are lovely Reccie and helped me escape from work for a few minutes
              xo
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

After we left the Botanic Garden, we crossed the road to visit Magdalen College. Reccie will post pics soon. He's been muttering about outrageous entrance charges and excessive parking costs all day long. I've learnt a few new words today that I can't possibly repeat here.

Comment

GREAT pics. Thanks for the adventure!!!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Recluse;1374040 wrote: After we left the Botanic Garden, we crossed the road to visit Magdalen College. Reccie will post pics soon. He's been muttering about outrageous entrance charges and excessive parking costs all day long. I've learnt a few new words today that I can't possibly repeat here.
                    :H:H:H

Outstanding photos, Reccie. I really enjoyed all of them but the lily pond caught my eye. The greenery is just amazing. You'd be hard put to find something like that around here the end of the summer. No rain for months and all of that. You are really showing us a lovely time. Thank you so much. :h
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

This is a pic of Magdalen Bridge, taken from the Botanic Garden. The college is just across the road. Every year thousands of people gather on and around the bridge on May Day to hear the Magdalen College choristers singing Hymnus Eucharisticus at 6am. It has long been a tradition for May Day revellers to jump off the bridge into the River Cherwell below. The river is not very deep and there have been some horrific injuries as a result, including broken limbs and paralysis.

This is the college, looking towards the bridge.

Comment

This is St John's Quad. The President's Lodgings can be seen on the far side.

This pic, taken in the same quad, shows the Founder's Tower on the left and the Chapel on the Right.

This is what the chapel looks like on the inside. It's a bit dark!

Comment

This is me trying to look casual in the Cloisters!

And this is the Hall in the same quadrangle:

Comment

This is the New Building. It was built as recently as errr.....1733. Author CS Lewis and poet John Betjeman had their rooms in this building. Magdalen has had seven Fellows who have been awarded Nobel Prizes, including Dr Erwin Schrodinger (physics) and Seamus Heaney (literature).

These are the New Building Lawns, viewed from the New Building, with the Cloisters in the distance:

The magnificent Magdalen Plane was planted on the New Building Lawns in 1801 to celebrate the Peace of Amiens. It is HUGE:

Comment

We walked around the grounds and saw deer in the Grove:

Reccie stuck me in a tree so he could take a pic of me in front of the Great Tower:

And, lastly, we viewed a pretty flower border next to the New Building Lawns:

Comment

On the way back to the car, we passed the Examination Schools where students sit their finals:

Comment

Working...
                                X