Over thirty days now, and feeling good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you who didn't read my original post, I quit drinking my weekly bottle of wine on July 10th, and haven't touched the stuff since. I managed to get the cr*p scared out of me after having a swollen liver for over a week after one bottle of wine.

I am happy to say I feel better than I have in a long time. I'm sleeping better, actually having some deep sleep for a change. The best part was that the huge belly bloat disappeared in the first two or three weeks, and I am continuing to lose weight. I must have lost at least 10 lbs. without trying. I can no longer "feel" my liver, have alot more energy, and have absolutely no desire to ever touch the stuff again. As a matter of fact, I'm actually afraid of alcohol now.

I just wanted to share my experience for others who are going through the first days or weeks without alcohol, or just contemplating quitting. I thought because I only drank a bottle of wine every 5 or 6 days, that it wouldn't affect me physically. And then, one day, it did. With no warning. I've never been more scared in my life, and I'm grateful for the wakeup call.

You and I were posting on the same thread about a month ago! I am so happy to hear that you are still sober and doing well. And it's fabulous news that your pain has gone away and you're doing better. You and I have about the same quit date and I'm just over a month sober myself. It feels great, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
    X