Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Tips for a Vacation in Northern California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going on a Hwy 1 road trip down California coast - starting in San Francisco and ending around Crescent City, which is near the California/Oregon border (leaving next week)..........

Any tips on "must see" or do things from any of you who know the area?

Thanks!

Muir Woods
    Point Reys
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thanks GreenEyes!

Comment

That is a wonderful road - you can find lots of great places on the Sunset magazine website. Gualala (incredible fudge shop!), Mendicino is beautiful - redwood state park is a must, and there are lots of camp grounds. Lots of great hiking and camping - and lovely towns and restaurants - lots of crafty kind of places and wineries....
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL - thanks for this information! We're actually staying in Mendocino part of the time. We do plan to hike and take walks along some of the beaches - will be avoiding the wineries. Trying to make this my first ever AF vacation!

Comment

Definitely Muir woods!

Comment

Thanks Fennel!

Comment

DUH! did I really do that??? hells teeth - it just goes to show how hard it is to change habits of a life time, i am so sorry for suggesting wineries!! what a goof ball - hanging my head in embarrassment!
                Mendicino is lovely and lots of really good eating places...you will have fun and ignore me!!

Comment

scottish lass;1162627 wrote: DUH! did I really do that??? hells teeth - it just goes to show how hard it is to change habits of a life time, i am so sorry for suggesting wineries!! what a goof ball - hanging my head in embarrassment!
                  Mendicino is lovely and lots of really good eating places...you will have fun and ignore me!!
                  :H:H:H Wine country was the first thing that came to mind for me too! :H:H:H

Comment

Habits are hard for old dogs to change, and I am an old dog!!! You will have a great trip, stop at the post office in Gualala to get fudge - it will satisfy all sugar cravings!!

Comment

restaurant suggestion:

John Ash & Co. Restaurant - Santa Rosa, CA | OpenTable

some nice old Inns around this part of Santa Rosa as well.

oh, and canoeing the Russian river is big fun!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

YO DET! YOU WOULD KNOW
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Great suggestions here everyone! Thanks so much.

SL - don't worry about the wine country suggestion. If I were further down the sobriety road I would definitely go just because vineyards are so beautiful. Also, though, have been on a wine country tour in Cali (albeit years ago), so doing something different this time.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Working...
                          X