friday is my weak night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday is my weak night

tonight is the night i wait for all week. time to start my heavy binge for the weekend, but instead I am on my 6th day with NO ALCOHOL!! to busy myself i went out to an early movie (the help) all by myself and cried my eyes out. then came home and walked the dog with the family...now it is time for dinner and early to bed for a morning hike. i have felt great today and yesterday. i know i will make it through this weekend but i hope i don't start feeling so good that i decide to drink again. i found out today that a parent at our school who i completely admire (he is a professor and published author. i am an avid reader) quit the drink many may years ago. it made me feel more and more connected to him and what i strive to be like. my husband did offer me a beer tonight and when i said "no thanks" i don't think he was thrilled and said "well, just don't get wasted" He knows it does not work that way with me but i know he will miss our friday night fun. the problem is he just gets buzzed but i get wasted then i wake up Satuday and sunday and drink all day as well. i know he wants to be supportive but feels torn. he says now that i am not drinking it is like i have ADD with all the things i am planning to do. wow this turned out to be a long post. I WISH EVERYONE A SOBER NIGHT AND HOPE THAT IT CONTINES INTO YOUR WEEKEND!
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

friday is my weak night

Star, just sent you a PM and now saw your post. It really is an adjustment for our spouses. My husband has always been my drinking buddy, so I've had to really talk to him about all of this. It's taken him some time, but now he's really supportive. I had 30 days AF, tried to drink again, and got back into a rut. Now that he's been through all the ups and downs with me, he's finally getting it. It does take time, though. It's a big big change for them too.

Anyway, wishing you luck. AF really is so much better!

Comment

friday is my weak night

Good for you Star! I think many of us would have been "identified" as ADD as children or OCD or whatever the new flavour of diagnosis is. Sounds like new definitions of relationship are in order for you too. Again, well done!
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

friday is my weak night

Well done. I will join you in not drinking tonight. I have to get my textbooks for college tomorrow and it would suck if I have a hangover, so I just won't drink.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

friday is my weak night

Star, This is a tough night of the week for me too. Luckily, My L-glut arrived so I took that and it helped get me through. Long ago, my drinking used to be exclusively on Friday nights, but in the past few years, Friday became Thursday, then Wednesday. After all, the weekend is flexible, right? then I used to drink all through at least Saturday, and sometimes Sunday too.

Sheesh, I don't miss that and I am not even two weeks sober yet!
          Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

friday is my weak night

Great job Star!

Comment

friday is my weak night

tonstantweader;1162618 wrote: Star, This is a tough night of the week for me too. Luckily, My L-glut arrived so I took that and it helped get me through. Long ago, my drinking used to be exclusively on Friday nights, but in the past few years, Friday became Thursday, then Wednesday. After all, the weekend is flexible, right? then I used to drink all through at least Saturday, and sometimes Sunday too.

Sheesh, I don't miss that and I am not even two weeks sober yet!
              Good going tots..keep the L Glut up and everything else at your fingertips.........................heal that gut! Tis the start of of it all
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
              X