I am your disease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am your disease.

I came across this on another forum, and wanted to share it. I cannot take credit for it, as I didn't write it, but I can do a little bit by sharing it.

I Am Your Disease

I hate meetings. I hate Higher Power. I hate anyone who has a program. To all who come in contact with me, I wish you death and i wish you suffering.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the disease of addiction. Cunning, baffling and powerful. That's me. I have killed millions, and am pleased. I love to catch you with the element of surprise. I love pretending that I am your friend and lover. I have given you comfort, have I not? Wasn't I there when you were lonely? When you wanted to die, didn't you call me? I was there. I love to make you hurt.

I live to make you cry. Better yet, I live when I make you so numb, you can neither hurt nor cry. You can't feel anything at all. This is true glory. I will give you instant gratification and all I ask of you is long term suffering. I've been there for you always. When things were going right in your life, you invited me. You said you didn't deserve these good things and I was the only one who would agree with you. Together we were able to destroy all the good things in your life.

People don't take me seriously. They take strokes seriously, heart attacks, even diabetes, they take seriously. Fools that they are, they don't know that without my help these things would not be possible.

I am a much hated disease and yet I do not come uninvited. You have to choose me. So many have chosen me over reality and peace.

More than you hate me, I hate all of you who have a 12 step program. Your program, your meetings, your Higher Power, all weaken me and I can't function in the manner that I am uccustomed to.

Now I must lie here quietly. You don't see me, but I am growing. Bigger than ever. When you only exist, I may live. When you live, I only exist.
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

I am your disease.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ase-35535.html

Hi stepintime that has already been posted in the long term absteiners thread,which i recommend more people should read, Great post.

Comment

I am your disease.

I didnt know. Wont hurt to bump it up tho, for people like me who missed it. xxx

Comment

I am your disease.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ase-35535.html

Hi stepintime that has already been posted in the long term absteiners thread,which i recommend more people should read, Great post.

Comment

I am your disease.

Sorry stepintime x posted, yes you are certainly right, Good luck x ;-)

Comment

I am your disease.

Stepintime, That was a great post. I have never seen that before either. It is so true that this disease loves us to be stuck in it and hates when we try to get help. Stay strong and you will defeat it.
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I am your disease.

Great post stepintime. This is a wonderful writing and IMO, it can't be posted too much around here!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am your disease.

I know. Need stuff like this
                xxx

Comment

I am your disease.

Great reminder stepintime, Keep posting your thoughts & feelings we have/are all been there. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                  X