Why....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why....

Why is it, I wake up with such resolve, such good intentions ...and then BAM, by 2 O'clock its gone, and it gets me again.
    This disease is soul destroying, and I don't think I will ever get it.
    x
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Why....

Step, you CAN get it. But it takes work. You didn't get here overnight, did you? Plans, tools, support, and hard work are the keys to release you from this.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Why....

....it only takes one thing. One thing to change my thinking.
      It's so hard. So hard to get going.
      My partner is not alcoholic. He doesn't understand. he doesn't have the 'isms'. He doesnt realise how sensitive we are when we try to get sober. One word...just one insensitive word from him, and I'm back to square one.
      Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Why....

Step, my husband is not an alcoholic either. I am fortunate that he is supportive, but he can never truly 100% understand the intense alcoholic craving that will not be denied, not even in the face of logical information about how stupid and dangerous it is. The only people who understand that 100% are other alcoholics. At least that has been my experience.

For me, the fellowship with other alcoholics who understand me is necessary for my recovery.

You can do it. I know what it feels like to wake up determined, and cave by 2PM. Or noon. Or earlier. Day after day. If I can stop I know you can do it too.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Why....

Step, I have been where you are so many times. But, the more you try, the better it gets. I'm now having bigger and bigger chunks of sober time. I've made tremendous strides. Here has been my progression:

long term drinking - started at 14
          weekend drinking only
          daily drinking - 2 glasses wine per night
          daily drinking 2 glasses wine per night with escalation of heavier drinking on weekends
          increased daily drinking - up to a bottle of wine; sometimes vodka
          then:
          desperate attempts just to skip one night of drinking - couldn't do it for the longest time
          finally - several really bad "episodes" or hangovers which brought me to some chunks of sober time
          30 days AF
          back to trying to moderate - was able to completely quit drinking during the week for several months
          now committed to AF

I would say that the attempts to quit and moderate have gotten more and more successful. I think I'm finally there. Just wanted you to know that you can keep building on each success and then hopefully finally get there! I'm not out of the woods yet for sure, but I think I can do it this time. The important thing is to not give up! There was a time I absoutely could not imagine alcohol in my life. Now I very much can imagine it, and want it to be so!

Comment

Why....

StepInTime,Today can be the first day of a new life. Use it wisely. If you have not done so already, check out the toolbox thread,its in the monthly abstenece thread In this journey You may start to find many things about yourself that you don't know, and who knows over the course of this time you may find things about yourself that you really like. Change may be scary but it can also be exciting.You are in a great community here with lots of great support and advice, go for it and don't quit quitting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
            X