A great thing about being sober is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

realizing how much I had let my self-respect dwindle and getting it back.
    Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

AMEN!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

making out of town plans for upcoming weekends cause i don't have that voice saying "no you can't cause you will be busy drinking at home and being hungover!" we just planned an overnight trip to the mountains. 1st real family vacation ever. and my oldest is 7. sad i know.
      I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
      sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Ruby - I wouldn't even acknowledge that not washing my face or brushing my teeth was abnormal! Now I do it every night just because it's so nice to be sober enough to remember to do it!

Star - I was the same way: constantly trying to fit my life in and around my drinking. It's great that you are tackling this while your kids are young. You will never regret that.

Comment

I can enjoy getting things done instead of neglecting chores and hence my own values.

Buzz.

Comment

Living my life to its fullest and remembering while I do it.

Waking up every morning fresh and well.

Using the lots of money i spent on alcohol on things and people i really enjoy :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Bzz - I have finally taken stock of the mess my house is in. Every day i try to do something to get it back in livable shape.
              Mario - Your posts are always inspiring to me. I counted up the bank debits I had just in the past month/6 weeks for alcohol and it came to near $200 and that doesn't count the times I paid cash for my wine. Money stays in my wallet a lot longer now!

Comment

Not having to worry about making an arse of yourself drunk.
                Not have to talk to yourself saying step, step or work hard just to walk.
                Not having a hangover.
                Going to bed knowing that your sober.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I SO understand the money and the messy house. We live in a big old antebellum, wall to wall and floor to ceiling antiques, so you can only imagine. I made some great discoveries along the way of things I'd forgotten all about!
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Drafty - Your AF day, May 21, was a previous AF day for me, but it didn't take until I found this place.
                    Ruby - Your place sounds wonderful, though!

Ok, today the great thing about being sober is that cash seems to stay in my wallet instead of flying out to the liquor store!

Comment

Not being worried that if an emergency happens to friends or family I can actually be of help to them, instead of just standing around uselessly gazing through a drunken stupour!

Buzzz.

Comment

Laughing and enjoying my sense of humor without AL....I am funny and a joy to be around!

Comment

Not waking up and rushing (OK, stumbling!) to check the phone to see if I had any episodes of drunken dialing or couldn't remember business calls I'd had, trying to remember if I'd screamed and been hateful to my husband, or if I'd remembered to feed my 'children' (animals). OH! And figuring out where the cuts and bruises on my body came from.
                          sigpic

Comment

I came on here to post that other things I like about being sober are waking up not worried about bumps and bruises, not frantic about what I might have posted on Facebook or emailed to someone, and not worrying about if we had a medical or other emergency and being too drunk to handle it. And you all had the same ideas!

Laurel, I think I have to work on thinking of myself as a funny and interesting person without being drunk, but I can definitely see that in my future!

Comment

Weader, we always THINK we're the only one, but we're not.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X