Shit! Day 1 Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit! Day 1 Again

Had been doing good, even had a couple times of just having 1 or 2 then stopped. Yesterday I went all the way to blackout. I feel like crap and am bruised everywhere :upset: I am dusting myself off and taking some advil for the pain and starting again. No more 1 or 2 cuz eventually it leads to more, at least not for a year or more until I get some new coping tactics. Still very bothered by family drama, they sucked, so why do I still give a shit? I plan to make a list of the reasons I cut them loose so that when I start to think about them I will be reminded why I had to cut them off.

Shit! Day 1 Again

Georgie, Get your self your daily plan and goal,check out the toolbox in the monthly abstenece thread,keep reading & posting here as much as you can,Taking it one day at a time will help you as well,many people here have done this so you can to, good luck and don't quit quitting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Shit! Day 1 Again

Mario has said some wise things to you, Georgie. Yes, make your plans, but be sure they're long-term AND just for today. Because, even long-term, it all comes down to - today. Anyone, anytime, can lose it, and be back to day one again. But don't despair, because if you concentrate on now, and work on the problems soberly that you have in your life, you can deal with this. Many people have been dealt a hard hand in life, and that's when our real strength, soul, and spirit can save us, if we want it. I've had a lot of Day 1's, most of us have. My problems are still here, and ever changing, but so am I. I lost 2 life-long friends in 2011 from the results of AL. I lost at least that many last year. That's not what you want, and neither do we. Make this all about you, be selfish about your sobriety, push away anyone, anything, or anyplace that contributes to you drinking. You have a purpose, potential, and something to offer, soberly, to the world and yourself. Everyone does.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
      X