Feeling down and a little scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I am almost 5 months sober and for the last week I have been very depressed. My roommate is leaving for a week and I will be home by myself. My mind has been trying to tell me I can drink and no one will no about it. I know this is not even an option because I know one drink will lead right back to the daily hell I was living in before. I am trying to think of things to do but the depression is making me want to do NOTHING. I have been so sad lately and I don't know how to shake it. Not sure what you guys can even say that I don't already know. Just thought I needed to write this down and share it so I don't feel so alone.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Hi red! Can you push yourself to make some commitments? Volunteer work? Line up some things with friends? Go to a movie, art exhibit, something that involves exercise, It's only a week. 7 days. One day at a time.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;1164045 wrote: Hi red! Can you push yourself to make some commitments? Volunteer work? Line up some things with friends? Go to a movie, art exhibit, something that involves exercise, It's only a week. 7 days. One day at a time.

This is about all the info I think I can share, but I can tell you, Ive had the same thoughts, and glad Ive not had a drink. I know you will be too if you stay strong Good luck
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi Red

So it sounds like you have a challenge ahead of you. Loneliness sucks...I get that! I am not sure what steps I can give you, but I can say that if you can get through this without alcohol you will probably feel even stronger and better about all the progress you have made. What I have found is that if I get through something I didn't think I could get through I now know I can!! Pretty simple but it works.

You are more than welcome to send me a PM if you feel lonely, and I promise to get back to you!

MissH

Comment

Red, I'm sorry you are going through a difficult patch. As you already stated, drinking isn't the answer!

There is a natural product that Lav swears by for help with depression. (Amoryn I think??? Maybe Lav will be along to confirm that...) Do you think something like that might give you a little lift and help you over the hump?

I love all of Greenies suggestions for nice things to do. Im a big fan of volunteer work myself!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I do feel strong enough to know I will not drink. I just have not dealt with depression in awhile and it has hit me hard the last week. I am going to do whatever I have to do to get over this.

Thanks for listening.
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I do some volunteer work as well in fact, I am planning on volunteering for around 6-8 hours tomorrow at the Animal Control. It makes me feel good to do something for animals that don't have a home. That is why I am going through the Humane Officer program at my college. Spend next week volunteering somewhere (a shelter, nursing home etc) instead of doing nothing.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Go to a meeting. If just to listen. Being around those who are in recovery is very powerful and helpful. And this comes from a serious AA skeptic. Stay busy. Make plans. Having a plan and keeping busy has helped me a lot. Hang in there!

Comment

Working...
                X