Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 16th August

Recluse;1164459 wrote: Hello troopers,

Sorry Jackie, I've cleared a couple now. It's getting harder and harder to find PMs to delete though. A hundred isn't enough! :upset:
    It's dead easy to become a pencilhead

Or you can download your messages in .txt format

Or are you just bragging about how many PMs you receive?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

Laters, JC. I'm sure you'll see the results of your hard work again :l
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

expat3;1164460 wrote: OK! Vanilla ice cream is yummy-with brownies.
        Here's a link to the basic recipe I use:

Easy Brownies made with cocoa - Recipe
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

mario;1164379 wrote: I used to get swollen feet & ankles when i stopped after a binge,i also suffered from gout big time.When i finished completely with alcohol i couldn't walk for a few days ??? terrible crap we put our bodies through
          Aggh, so that's what it is!!! The past few months I have really been struggling to put my shoes on some days. Initially I thought maybe the shoes had shrunk in the rain, but later on realised that my feet had in fact become swollen. After watching me struggle for 20 minutes to put my shoes on to go home the last time I visited her, my mother gave me a spare shoehorn she had. It's an absolute lifesaver!!!

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

Yummy! Butter and sugar and...:H I :h brownies.

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

Hello Reccie:l

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

I sometimes wish we had shoehorns for life...

That sounds more gloomy than I had intended my remark to be, though :H
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

tiptronic_ct;1164464 wrote: It's dead easy to become a pencilhead

Or you can download your messages in .txt format

Or are you just bragging about how many PMs you receive?
                  Hello Mr T :hiya:

What's a pencilhead?

No, I haven't got round to learning how to save messages in .txt format, hence the reason I've been struggling to keep my inbox under control. I had a feeling that there was some kind of facility to do that, but I've been too lazy to investigate. I shall do so soon!

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

expat3;1164470 wrote: Hello Reccie:l
                    Hello expatty - have a hug back! :l

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

I wish I had a shoehorn for my daughter. She is crying her eyes out because her father and I (yes, for once we agree on something) won't let her go away to fecking Dunkirk at the weekend with some kids she met at sleepaway summer camp. Yes, some boys are involved-5 boys, 5 girls. I don't think so!!! I told her I know it's sad to say goodbye at the end of summer but...we don't live in Dunkirk and it's quite far. And we don't know their families. And it is just so NO that you are taking off in the train to practically Belgium to see these boys. She is screaming crying in the background as I type this . I played this for her but she started crying louder.
                      http://youtu.be/2KODZtjOIPg[/video]]THOSE WERE THE DAYS MARY HOPKIN - YouTube
                      I may be gone for awhile.

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

Recluse;1164476 wrote: Hello Mr T :hiya:

What's a pencilhead?

No, I haven't got round to learning how to save messages in .txt format, hence the reason I've been struggling to keep my inbox under control. I had a feeling that there was some kind of facility to do that, but I've been too lazy to investigate. I shall do so soon!
                        A subscriber. You get to have 500 messages. Not the greatest incentive, but it helps.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

expat3;1164479 wrote: I wish I had a shoehorn for my daughter. She is crying her eyes out because her father and I (yes, for once we agree on something) won't let her go away to fecking Dunkirk at the weekend with some kids she met at sleepaway summer camp. Yes, some boys are involved-5 boys, 5 girls. I don't think so!!! I told her I know it's sad to say goodbye at the end of summer but...we don't live in Dunkirk and it's quite far. And we don't know their families. And it is just so NO that you are taking off in the train to practically Belgium to see these boys. She is screaming crying in the background as I type this . I played this for her but she started crying louder.
                          Oh shite, Expat :l:l:l. Best of luck. I know I'm going to have to deal with it soon myself with youngest cub. Not so much the eldest (I hope).

But you're absolutely - that is NOT an option.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

Laters - I have to go & collect the cub and a friend of his.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

expat3;1164479 wrote: I wish I had a shoehorn for my daughter. She is crying her eyes out because her father and I (yes, for once we agree on something) won't let her go away to fecking Dunkirk at the weekend with some kids she met at sleepaway summer camp. Yes, some boys are involved-5 boys, 5 girls. I don't think so!!! I told her I know it's sad to say goodbye at the end of summer but...we don't live in Dunkirk and it's quite far. And we don't know their families. And it is just so NO that you are taking off in the train to practically Belgium to see these boys. She is screaming crying in the background as I type this . I played this for her but she started crying louder.
                              It can't be easy being a parent of a teenage daughter, expatty, but you've definitely made the right decision there. Stick with your decision, you'll save yourself a lot of grief later on down the line.

Comment

Army Thread 16th August

Evening all

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X