Hello Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Again

Long time.... I am back.... rock bottom and need the comfort and support to get myself back sober again. I did it for a year and a half. Life changes and the stress made me cave. I know I cant use this as an excuse... I have to deal with it in a healthful way. I feel like I am at rock bottom and about ready to loose my job. I never thought I would get this bad. I want abstinence. I know what to do..... I just need to do it now.

Hello Again

Welcome back Rosey

I love coming to this site. It brings me comfort and I feel like I am around other people who "get it". I can tell you (but you probably already know) that if you can just get through one day the next morning you feel just alittle bit better and the next morning just alittle bit better..I used to drink 12-15 beers a day and understand rock bottom and depression. You are lucky because you know you have done it for a long period of time in the past...you can do it again!

I wish you all the best and hope you come back again.

MissH

Comment

Hello Again

You need to set up a plan and stick to it. If you made it a year and a half, you can do it again. Review the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html and set up a plan so when times like that comes up again, you will have the tools to get through it sober.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hello Again

Rosey, welcome back. I know that horrible sick feeling of getting to the end of the rope as far as the job goes. I will never forget when my boss flew into town for a "performance review" and walked off the airplane with the HR lady in tow. To talk to me about their suspicions of me drinking on the job. I was in such denial that I quit my job rather than address my problem. It is so great that you are here NOW, you know what needs to be done and you are ready to do it.

Whatever your future holds, I think it's guaranteed to be better without booze in it.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello Again

Rosey, just wanted to say hello and good for you for making the effort again.

Comment

Hello Again

Welcome back Rosey!

There's nowhere to go but up now for you & you can do it.
            You know this is a good program, you have had great success in the past

Wishing you the very best & please let us know how yuo are doing!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Again

Thank you so much everyone. Nice welcome back. Scared and depressed I am back here. Thanks for the advice... obviously have not been practicing what I did before. Will visit the toolbox and AF thread. Have a busy afternoon..talk to you this evening.

Comment

Working...
              X