I did not drink yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paula;1417292 wrote: I did not drink yesterday, it's 7.30pm, and I have not had a drink today. Hope you feel better WF.
    That's how I do it to Paula, "One Day At A Time". Thank you.

I had that Tdap vaccine at my physical, but it was about 10 days b4 I got sick. The day b4 Thanksgiving I ran to the store as I forgot something & the Mom behind me told me her son had whooping cough & was sick. I don't know. I will be fine. I'm a tough old ~ young bird. :H

Comment

I did not drink yesterday because I don't drink every day any more. I hardly drink these days and I am lovin' it. It's still early but no desire to drink tonight either.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WF...I think I've missed something. Do you have a sick pet too? Or you being funny about a Vet for you?? Hope it all gets sorted. Don't forget the acidophilus if you're on antibiotics.

Paula, you're getting right back on track.:goodjob:

Tipper, how are dealing with your hubby's drinking? That's gotta be hard to resist if he's still daily drinking. Nice to see you here ticking along. :goodjob:

Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I didn't drink yesterday and waking up today clear headed and hangover free was awesome.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I did not drink yesterday....just for me.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

I didn't drink yesterday, day 9 for me an feeling good ....
              AF since 2nd Oct 2012
              Day by day

Comment

WF...I think I've missed something. Do you have a sick pet too? Or you being funny about a Vet for you?? Hope it all gets sorted. Don't forget the acidophilus if you're on antibiotics.
                Hiya RC,

Sorry I missed this! No I wasn't being funny about the Vet. I rescued a little kitten about a month ago. She was a neonatal baby who was sick & is doing better. The new Vets I chose weren't on the same pg. about a couple of issues. Their web pg advertised they were conservative in vaccination protocols, along with coupon savings for first time clients & another one for rescued kittens. My rescue Maine Coon was also over due for his annual ckup. One Dr. also does fundraising for the Rescue shelter, a bit bias. Therefore, I left & found another, bigger Vet Hospital.

Thank you for the reminder about the pro-biotics!!! I have them in the fridge. But, I'd forgotten. Out of sight ~ out of mind!!! Thanks to you I'm taking them!!! :thanks: You are correct again, as while on antibiotics, the good bacteria is also being swept out of my digestive tract.

Still coughing, nasally, but getting better.

Hope you have a good day!!! :l :h I didn't drink yesterday & I won't today either!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the kitties plight. You could give her some pro biotic too.
                  My kitty hasn't seen a vet in over 10 years. She got herself a quill that got all infected this summer. I compressed it and it burst leaving a gash/gap about and 1 wide by over inch long. About a half cup of puss streamed out with the softened quill. Yikes. She's a sweetie and would sit for the compresses for a few days until she felt better and then wouldn't tolerate anymore. Healed up beautifully after that. I don't recommend everyone try this though. Haha what is it with me yakking with you?? I'm not normally long winded. (I think)

In case you didn't know. Take your acidophilus half hour before the anti biotic and at least an hour after. You'll get more mileage out of it. Best to you too. xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

DriftyAlison0;1417880 wrote: I didn't drink yesterday and waking up today clear headed and hangover free was awesome.:l
                    Mootsbill;1418388 wrote: I didn't drink yesterday, day 9 for me an feeling good ....
                    Woo hoo Moots...hang on to that feeling.
                    Wildflowers;1418454 wrote:

I didn't drink yesterday & I won't today either!
                    'Atta gurl!

From Eve11(with my addendum):
                    Never associate intoxication as pleasure or pain relief

Eve11 is full of great wisdom and tips. :h

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RingingCedars;1418467 wrote: Sorry to hear about the kitties plight. You could give her some pro biotic too.
                      My kitty hasn't seen a vet in over 10 years. She got herself a quill that got all infected this summer. I compressed it and it burst leaving a gash/gap about and 1 wide by over inch long. About a half cup of puss streamed out with the softened quill. Yikes. She's a sweetie and would sit for the compresses for a few days until she felt better and then wouldn't tolerate anymore. Healed up beautifully after that. I don't recommend everyone try this though. Haha what is it with me yakking with you?? I'm not normally long winded. (I think)

In case you didn't know. Take your acidophilus half hour before the anti biotic and at least an hour after. You'll get more mileage out of it. Best to you too. xo
                      I've heard of giving pets probiotics. Gave them to our boy when he got cancer. Maybe I will give them to precious. Not sure if I should? She only ways about 2.5 lbs & is about 3 months old. I think it's in her kibble. I'm feeding her wellness wet too. Trying to help her gain weight as she's behind.

I didn't know that I should take mine 1/2 or 1 hr after. I took your word for it & am following your instructions. In fact I'm going to go right now & take day 5 of antibiotic. Feeling much better. Good as I have to get projects done, plus there's my Mom. Family flying home soon.

I to in the past didn't always take my kitties to Vets, more for my doggies. My hubs grew up on many acres..... Vet care has skyrocketed...... This little angel kitten needed some extra TLC..... Your kitty is lucky to have you for her Mama as you are smart!!!... :h

Good as Ms. RC is gifted in her holistic~ healings... ) Not sure why you like to yackity yack with me? Probably cause I'm doing too much of it with you & your being polite. Plus I'm interested in this stuff. My SIL got me into this several yrs back. Long story. Hahaha.....

Thank you for your help hun!!!.... I had three interviews for a job a yr ago & didn't get it. New health store had opened. Not enough knowledge, or maybe too old..... I believe in both western & eastern medicine.

I didn't drink yesterday or today..... I'd be off to the races, that would send me back to hell...

It's getting late here... Sleep well & have a good day tom, afternoon, night.... :thanks: again. XO

Comment

No being polite here WF. I do like to share my passion and you stroke my ego.

Why don't you take a course....lot's available through correspondence and many health stores have an integrated approach to health. Your wisdom and experience that comes with age would be an asset! I know it can be overwhelming but without the booze you would ace it!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

It really is getting easier. Is life easier? HELL NO!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hey RC, you are doing great! I saw you posted 14 days in the shout out. Less alcohol is usually better for those of us who hang out here.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X