• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not drink yesterday.

Yea Tips!:l

Comment

I did not drink yesterday - I said No to my hubby's offer for a drink and to my fave bartender, while I was waiting for my take-away food - she was ever so slightly shocked - Most of the times I left that restaurant I was on one too many.

I remember the same place in May, for my son's birthday party - Actually - I DO NOT remember leaving - big blackout - but somehow I managed to input my Visa pin code and left a nice tip . Arghhh !!!
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

I DID NOT DRINK YESTERDAY

That is the first time I have been able to say that since 2010 July !!!!! I KNOW I am good to go now, since I won't do the first day unless I know I am ready - I did it last time for 8 months - this time it is for good!! I am feeling SO pleased about it and so good about the whole thing - I have a plan and it is working - I even slept last night ! YEAH !!!!!

Love, Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

AF for me as well yesterday..........I like this kinda party
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1239155 wrote: I DID NOT DRINK YESTERDAY

That is the first time I have been able to say that since 2010 July !!!!! I KNOW I am good to go now, since I won't do the first day unless I know I am ready - I did it last time for 8 months - this time it is for good!! I am feeling SO pleased about it and so good about the whole thing - I have a plan and it is working - I even slept last night ! YEAH !!!!!

Love, Sun XX
            GO SUNSHINE!!! So pleased for you. :l

I did not drink yesterday either.
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

RingingCedars;1175417 wrote: Hey! You can't say that on this thread!:H
              You come back here when you can say you had none yesterday, young lady!
              Remember this SSD? Be very proud my friend. xo
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I did not drink yesterday and I woke up happy.
                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                -----------------------------------
                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Irie - me too. Woke up feeling fantastic and looking forward to the day! Happy to be alive!

Comment

I did not drink yesterday... I even had conversations with my urges... like "Why are you thinking about wine?" "Would a cookie do?" Surfing the urges is the best suggestions and it's the small little things that work. I also love UnWasted's quote about "There are no reasons to drink; only excuses..." I think these things whenever the slight thought of drinking occurs to me.

MWO makes a huge difference...
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Sunshine, so glad for you. Feels FANTASTIC doesn't it .. to be able to post on this thread... We're feasting at the table we were never allowed to dine at before: this thread... LOL... Welcome...
                      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I did not drink yesterday THOUGH I WAS IRRITABLE! Not sure what was exactly going on-doing tech support from home, had computer glitches etc etc.

I got very agitated, but did not consider drinking. I stomped around a bit and got it out of my system. Still no alcohol thank goodness.

Comment

Ann 221;1239283 wrote: I stomped around a bit and got it out of my system. Still no alcohol thank goodness.
                          :H Well done, Ann! Stomp away, sister.

Sunny-D... Congrats! Come back here tomorrow, k?

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I didn't drink yesterday....
                            xxxxx
                            Last Drink: 29/12/2011

Goals:

AF: 7 days :thumbs:
                            AF: 14 days
                            AF: 30 days

Comment

I didn't drink yesterday cause yesterday was day 1 again for me, trying not to drink now that's why I am here reading. Thanks to everyone on here for sharing your thoughts and I hope get to bed sober. x

Comment

I didn't drink yesterday and I got to enjoy this nice 55 degree weather here in CR IA. I can't believe that I just typed that about the weather here. I am supposed to be freezing my fanny off but instead I am able to enjoy a walk. I love this weather and I wish it could stay all winter . If I drank, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much.

And Dinny, it takes more then hoping to stay sober, you have to have a plan and stick to it.
                                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X