• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not drink yesterday.

Getting behind again.
    Nor the day before.
    Strength to you FT. Keep checking in when tempted.
    I find the sweets/crazies monsters come calling during the new/full moon phase. Being conscious is half the battle. Set yourself up with healthy sweet alternatives instead of feeling deprived and fighting it.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I am constantly battling the sweets thing as well. I need to try taking the l-glutamine consistently to see if that helps. Have a good day everyone.
      AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

I did not drink yesterday. Again. And tonight, for the first time, I got all the way through the day & dinner without a glass of wine even crossing my mind. Yay! 16 days & counting. But wishing I was in a place where the number of days no longer mattered.

Comment

Quakegirl;1452022 wrote: I did not drink yesterday. Again. And tonight, for the first time, I got all the way through the day & dinner without a glass of wine even crossing my mind. Yay! 16 days & counting. But wishing I was in a place where the number of days no longer mattered.
          You will get there Quakegirl, just keep on doing what you're doing and it will become your new normal.

Comment

I haven't had a drink for 28 days and feel bloody brilliant, but mainly I feel real peace, I intend to guard my quit with ferocious determination this year.
            AF since 2nd Oct 2012
            Day by day

Comment

I didn't drink any yesterday. My liver doesn't like it when I drink.
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

I didn't drink any yesterday. Alcohol and my liver don't get along very well any more
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2041359=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

i didnt drink yesterday,but temptation was high because of anxiety
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I know what you mean, Paulywogg.

Anxiety is a real trigger for me, too, along with going at the speed of sound at work all day, and getting home and feeling like I need to drink to slow myself down and change gears.

I did not drink yesterday, and I am so excited to be able to come here for another day, and say that. And because I want to be able to come back here and say that again tomorrow, I won't give in to all the wine around me at the airline lounge I'm sitting in right now.

Comment

Quake girl: it must be tough to be there around that area... Grab a good book to read... That would be where I would spend 2000 calories on a super yummy juicy non-alcoholic drink if I didn't have l glut w me... I even took l- glut to Taiwan w me last time I traveled!
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

paulywogg;1452577 wrote: i didnt drink yesterday,but temptation was high because of anxiety
                          Quakegirl;1452704 wrote:
                          I know what you mean, Paulywogg.

Anxiety is a real trigger for me, too, along with going at the speed of sound at work all day, and getting home and feeling like I need to drink to slow myself down and change gears.

I did not drink yesterday, and I am so excited to be able to come here for another day, and say that. And because I want to be able to come back here and say that again tomorrow, I won't give in to all the wine around me at the airline lounge I'm sitting in right now.
                          Great job you two. Dealing with anxiety or anger or loss without the booze is a whole learning process and it's really what the journey to sobriety is all about. We have to find new mechanisms to handle all that life brings to us.

I didn't drink yesterday.

Comment

FlyAway;1452868 wrote: Great job you two. Dealing with anxiety or anger or loss without the booze is a whole learning process and it's really what the journey to sobriety is all about. We have to find new mechanisms to handle all that life brings to us.

I didn't drink yesterday.
                            Indeed. Just like booze we can chose our emotions. Anxiety is a state of mind chosen. While I don't discount events that can induce anxiety(as I am currently in such extreme situation)we CAN mount our horses with confidence and no fear. Know thyself but more important know thy enemy.

Nor the day before.
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Keep thine enemy close me thinks......

I have not had a drink on any of the days since my last visit here! Yeeeee haaaaawwww me also thinks!!
                              It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                              Mother Theresa

Comment

Even though cravings are hitting me (my favorite hangout is closing and my AL mind keeps telling me to have a few beers on closing day which I know won't be just a few) but didn't drink last night and not drinking tonight ether. ODAAT works!

I felt great this morning and I know if I were to drink now, 20 months would be gone and I would have to start back at day 1. They are not as strong as cravings in the early days, but they are still there as a reminder to never let my guard down when it comes to alcohol.
                                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X