I did not drink yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a great conversation with a relative of mine last night, was totally unaware that he kicked uncle AL out and locked out uncle Nick 26 years ago, felt very refreshing discussing our / my situations. He told me to call him anytime if I needed someone to just talk to.
    I did not drink or smoke yesterday.
    FT
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

FT-sounds like the timing on that conversation could not have been better.
      My gradndaughters were visiting last night, so i was very busy and did not have any time to think of AL.
      So, no drinking for me yesterday.
      Kradle- CONGRATULATIONS!
      BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Raising the thread after the multitude of ingenious, hilarious and heartwarming posts of this community while they suffered withdrawals of a different kind. Well done.

Nor since last post.

BTW who is Dave?
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Nope. Didn't do it, even when the site was down.
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

BHOG the timing was most excellent, I was not aware of his decision that many years ago and it came up by accident during our conversation but most rewarding.
            Yesterday was an awesome day and I saw no reason to spoil it with a drink or a smoke.
            FT

Comment

Good morning all,
              Have not heard from uncle Al or his friend Nick in a while and do not miss them.
              I did not drink or smoke yesterday and loving it.
              FT

Comment

Nope. Just didn't.

RingingCedars, Dave is the astronaut/protagonist in the old classic, 2001: A Space Odyssey. The folks here were referring to the riveting battle of man against computer. It's worth watching (2:31 min): http://youtu.be/HwBmPiOmEGQ[/video]]Hal 9000 VS Dave - Ontological scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey - YouTube
                Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Didn't do it, didn't think about doing it.
                  WHAT! I was talking about drinking!
                  BHOG

Comment

Guilty as charged. No AL for me thank you.......I can almost see my next goal in sight
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nelz, what is the next goal?
                      Nothing with AL in it for me last night. Bed by 10 (early for me), and asleep by 10:05.
                      then that damned alarm went off.
                      BHOG

Comment

BHOG;1490156 wrote: Nelz, what is the next goal?
                        Nothing with AL in it for me last night. Bed by 10 (early for me), and asleep by 10:05.
                        then that damned alarm went off.
                        Next goal is two years without pouring poison down my gullet!!!!

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

coming up quickly, isn't it?
                          BHOG

Comment

BHOG;1490172 wrote: coming up quickly, isn't it?
                            Not quick enough, I feel like I did when I was a kid at Christmas..........:H

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

friedabee;1488750 wrote: Nope. Just didn't.

RingingCedars, Dave is the astronaut/protagonist in the old classic, 2001: A Space Odyssey. The folks here were referring to the riveting battle of man against computer. It's worth watching (2:31 min): http://youtu.be/HwBmPiOmEGQ[/video]]Hal 9000 VS Dave - Ontological scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey - YouTube
                              Thanks for that Friedabee! Interesting the movie was mentioned in a skype group I am in just yesterday. I tried to hunt it down on youtube but no luck so far.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Nelz;1490174 wrote: Not quick enough, I feel like I did when I was a kid at Christmas..........:H
                                Brilliant Nelzie!!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X