I did not drink yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, too, did not drink last night. Sigh... hopefully this time I won't get sidetracked.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I did not drink yesterday. Life is good!
      Stay strong, everybody!
      BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Good morning,
        Just loving life one day at a time.
        FT
        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Frequent Traveler;1493422 wrote: Good morning,
          Just loving life one day at a time.
          FT
          Yep, that's the way. Ruminating on the past or future is a waste of precious time and energy for today.

Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I did not drink last night and so happy to not have drank. I have a friend with AL issues on fb and she got fired for b******* about her job to her boss while she thought was her friend but because she was drunk, got the wrong person. This could have been me someday if I didn't quit.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Love to see everyone beating AL......I didnt drink either(thank goodness my dreams dont count)
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Isn't it funny how alcoholics think? I didn't drink today - why can't we get it out of our heads?

Comment

I didn't have time yesterday.
                  I fact, I don't really know how I had time to drink. No, that is not true at all. I made time to drink, by not doing what I really needed to do. You know, like taking care of the house, yard, cars, kids, grandkids, talking with my sister, aunt, brother...you ALL know the drill.
                  So my question, and it is not retorical, (sp) is why did I do it?

Because I thought I was different than anyone else, I thought I could do it all. All the other stuff, and still drink. Superman complex? I'm so good, it will be all ok, there is always tomorrow to do other things. (calling bullshit on myself)
                  comments?
                  BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Mega well done....that has to be the way! Bless you Mx
                    :new:
                    Mayzay

Comment

Note to self: “Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early
                      :new:
                      Mayzay

Comment

I love that note, so true so true and I am guilty of using that excuse.
                        This is now another reminder for me to read and remind me of the false courage alcohol brings you.
                        I did not drink or smoke yesterday and have no plans to do so today.
                        Hope everyone has a great day.
                        FT
                        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Nope. won't today, either.
                          BHOG

Comment

Life is too precious to drink it away every day.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Counting my blessings.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

i didnt drink yesterday,not the whole week first vacation sober in years,thank goodness
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X