Army Thread Thursday 18th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiptronic_ct;1165334 wrote: OMG - did you see Tawny's lunch? Dawg... I'm drooling again.Oh my goodness - I just checked that out. Looks delish but with Mr. Stirly's health history we haven't had anything like that in our fridge for some time now. Now at the risk of seeming ignorant - I got the cheeses and the sliced meats and such but what are those round thingeys next to the slices of bread and in the top left part of the piccie?

tiptronic_ct;1165336 wrote: I've also had a "debrief" with the cub. He's happy about the way in which the headmaster handled it and feeling very much at ease.

Now the youngest is acting up. She can't stand it if someone gets more attention than she does. FFS - one just cannot win ***manic laughter***Tipster - so glad that older cub is feeling better. Early teen years can be so.o.o.o hard on kids. Damn, besides fellow students teasing others - can't say that there was real bullying back then, (Don't want to say how many decades ago it was.)but I remember a teacher who was superior at teaching English but was a fecking bastard when it came to kids that didn't meet his standards. I especially remember him mocking one kid who tried hard but didn't get more thatn passing grades.
    JackieClaire;1165341 wrote:
    I did go and have a rather large drool over Tawny's lunch. Dog I miss cheese.:upset:
    I haven't eaten regular cheese for some time now - except for Monday when we went to one of our favourite "tavernas" and the slab of feta on top of the Greek salad was at least 250 grams. There wasn't even a trace of feta left when we finished with the salad.
    JackieClaire;1165341 wrote:
    The daughter was the drama queen in this house, mind you she learnt it at her mother's knee. I got pushed into 2nd place when she was about 3.
    I gather you mean that Peter was a doting father and she was her Daddy's little girl...

Troopers, gotta go walk the dogger - his legs are crossed again - and then to bed. Wishing you all

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Night, Stirls

I'm also off to bed, folksies. On the morrow.

I repainted an entire wall for you to draw on, Inchy
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Is "walk the dog" actually a euphemism for him going outdoors to have a pee, or do you actually walk a distance?
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Such are the things we ponder
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I am of to, night all see you in the morning.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

gonna be glad of that wall now Tips...

night stirly, mario and tips

lonely me xD
              I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1165369 wrote: Is "walk the dog" actually a euphemism for him going outdoors to have a pee, or do you actually walk a distance?
                Well, since I'm still here after answering a PM from JC. Our nightly walk is about 1 kilometre as opposed to the morning walk which is about 2 kilometres.

Tipperoonie!!!

Now I'm outta here....
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi di hi guys.
                  Sorry for the late check in.
                  Inchy that is FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC woman. Good for you!!

Well my day has been really stressful. The first interview was pretty horrendous and I screwed up the test very badly. It was on Excel 2010 and I havent used that version. The next interview went much better and I really enjoyed it. Totally knackered now. Wont hear anything until next week, not holding my breath about that first one tho.......
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Quick late peek, busy army tonight which is nice.
                    Bummer on poxy XL10 Starty, second job is probably the better one anyway.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Quick check in before bed. Starty-don't be too upset about the first interview hun:l. I know it is frustrating. When I first got to France I had a job interview in a really cool school in Paris-I so wanted that job! But-I really screwed up the interview because I was so nervous. I ended up getting the job I have now instead- working with adults. It's only now that I know it's the best thing that could have happened to me. I just know you are going to find the right job to suit you.:l
                      In other words-if for some reason the first one didn't work out, I am sure you'll find something else that might be even better for you!

Comment

KTAB;1165387 wrote: Quick late peek, busy army tonight which is nice.
                        Bummer on poxy XL10 Starty, second job is probably the better one anyway.
                        Nighters KTAB and anyone else who might be about:l

Comment

Night Expat, I am off to the nest too.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

quick fly by from me

insanely busy again here. and how can i spend all day cleaning and still have a house that loooks like the "before" in how clean is your house lol

hope everyone is doing okay @ ic im looking into that NHS weight loss thing, got an appointment with the surgery dietician in a couple of weeks time

night all xx
                            WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Working...
                            X