Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggers

What are your triggers and how do you handle them? It's my Day 1. Again. Mine are passing happy hour places, being unprepared with healthy snacks then out and getting tired, and social events where there is alcohol in the room. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I've got a detailed plan and a sober coach, and this time I am determined to do it right. I'm staying home for a couple of days and am wondering if I should skip an alumni picnic/outdoor concert on Sunday.

Triggers

Good to see that you have a plan. Now stick to it! If you feel weak on Sunday, I would opt out on the picnic/outdoor concert. But if you feel brave enough, offer to be the DD and not drink.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Triggers

Mine is the clock.......... 5pm or so?

Comment

Triggers

Having a plan has been so helpful to me this last 10 days. I have a job to do every night after work that requires sobriety....AA meetings are a good one!

Comment

Triggers

Now I've got a new challenge. A business dinner popped up for tomorrow night. I looked at the restaurant website and chose a healthy dish in advance (I'm started Weight Watchers this week) and decided I'd also get one of their huge bottles of Pellegrino or a Limonata carbonated soft drink. I often don't drink at professional events so I don't act like an idiot so I think I'll be OK, but if anyone has some suggestions to increase my chances, I'd love to hear 'em.

Comment

Triggers

I would offer to be the designated driver so that they won't ask me to drink and if they do, I would remind that I can't drink because I am the designated driver.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Triggers

Hi Drifty -- I'm meeting him at the restaurant, so I'll have to be my own DD!

Comment

Working...
              X