hard night so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard night so far

really really want to drink tonight. i am AL 13 days. i kept busy and went to the art museum after work but realized strangely that it was a trigger. i paint and my mind was just spinning and i want to do nothing but crack a cold one and go in my art room and paint till i can't hold my eyes open. tomorrow is my anniversary and i keep reminding myself of all the great plans we have this weekend. a date tomorrow and a nice strenuous
    hike on sunday. if i drink tonight the weekend may end up a flop. i just took a l-glut and kudzu hoping that will help. i am going to go ahead and make dinner too because i never drink and eat. with me it is one or the other. i wish i could just have a couple and be done but i know i can't no matter how much i convince myself otherwise.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

hard night so far

Hey star, I am online if you wanna chat? please dont drink...you have done so well!
    ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

hard night so far

Hi Starfairy,
      I had cravings tonight, too, and basically did the same thing: L-glut, cook, eat, and come on here! I keep reminding myself to just keep busy and let it pass. We'll both feel much better in the morning without drinking, right?
      Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

hard night so far

thanks guys...i made it through! about to take some Melatonin and go off to sleepy land. i know my husband hates that we are not hanging in the same way on friday nights. he says now it is just like any other night. oh well. he has to admit the weekend as a whole has been way more fun. we have been going and doing rather than sitting and recouping.
        I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
        sober since 2/4/12

Comment

hard night so far

I'm so glad you made it through Starfairy!!! Keep going one day (or hour) at a time. I have never ever regretted the effort it took to get sober. I don't think you will regret it either. Drinking on the other hand? Regret city. AF life is so much better.

:goodjob:

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X