Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After the 30 days of no wine, I never should have gone back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I have not been on in a while, but I am still here and dealing with the wine issue. Is anyone else who is having a wine issue now feeling like when you drink the wine that you don't even like it? I am starting to hate the stuff. I thought I could enjoy the wine once in a while, but that is not the case right now. It is hot and humid as hell here, and I was clammy and nauseous all day because I had too much to drink last night.

Once I did the 30 days, I wish I never touched it again, or at least I should have waited longer. I was pretty much fine without the stuff. As I can usually accomplish whatever I set out to do, I hate that I am over drinking this stuff. So I dumped what I had left out this AM, and I am going to try a week and then see if I want to do the 30 days again. Right now, I do not want this in my body. I know you all know the morning after the wine hangover type of a feeling. Dizzy, gross taste in mouth, upset stomach, face looks all dehydrated.....need I go on?

I should have listened to the few out here who were concerned about my trying to moderate the wine. Like so many of you, I don't really discuss this with anyone. I told my best friend about it when we were discussing something else, and she had no idea that I was drinking so much. Nobody gets that it's a bottle or more, not "a couple of glasses."

I am really pissed off because I used to truly enjoy a couple of glasses. I got tangled up with a guy who really threw me for a loop, and I stared drinking to excess to deal with the sadness, and we all know it only makes you more sad and all teary eyed when you drink too much of it. Well, he is gone now, and I got everything back in order to the way I used to be before I was manipulated and used, so this is the last part of it. I am so worried that I have damaged my healthy and good body that God blessed me with.

So I guess it's back to Page 1 and the drawing board. Okay, now I am crying. :upset:

Thanks for listening!

No More, don't feel bad. Most of us find that we have already reached a point where moderation just isn't possible. I was very :upset: for a long time until I finally just accepted it and moved on. I am just one of those people who cannot safely drink. Oh well. There is a whole big world out there and I am having a lot of fun just discovering what I missed all those years sitting on my :moon: with a glass in my hand.

Sidebar: I also feel your pain on the lousy X-boyfriend. The X that devastated my life, who I shall call "Con Man" is finally in prison. Sometimes that situation has a way of righting itself too.

You can do this. And you will probably find you are happier without AL once you get used to the idea. I did.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi NoMoreWine,

You are not alone!
      We all make mistakes. I did exactly the same thing you did.
      Except I did not reach the 30 days mark. I was sober for 29 days and 3 hours.
      I wanted to do 30 days and after that I wanted to try myself with alcohol to see if I could be a social drinker. Sounds familiar?
      So day 29 was last Friday. I have bought a bottle of wine on Friday to test myself after I have reached the 30 day mark which was my goal at the time. However the devil got into me that Friday and popped the wine.
      I also had a bottle of Jose Cuervo at home that I got for my birthday recently. I have sucked that bottle dry and then some more beers last weekend.
      So don't blame yourself too much!
      Start over and this time be careful with testing.
      I am on my 5th AL free day today.

Good Luck!

Brian

Comment

Thank you, everyone. I know I will do this. So begins Day 2. After how sick I felt yesterday in the heat with the wine in my system from the night before, I have no interest in it at all.

Oh, Brian! Sorry to hear about your situation. Well, I am sure you will do a lot better this time around.

Thank you, Doggy!

Comment

PS: Isn't it funny that when you see the wine commercials on TV and "The Vine" on PBS, nobody is mentioning this sort of thing!!! Maybe we should do a documentary, "The Ugly Side of Wine."

Comment

I am glad to hear that your back on the wagon. There are times when I kinda miss AL and the fun that it temp. brought, but then I remind myself that A. I am having more fun now, and AL is not fun. I am on day 92 and feeling so free. I can do things now being sober, that I wasn't able to do because of my hangover from drinking too much the night before.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X