SO TEMPTED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO TEMPTED!

As I am not drinking anymore, I am so tempted to go out and get some coke...but I know where this will lead!!!aghh!
    ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

SO TEMPTED!

You're right, it leads to acid stomach and bad choices. Buy Pepsi instead.
    Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

To late, done some coke, but won't drink, what a prat!! Aghhhhhhhhhh!
      ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Playing..... with.....fire. Watch yourself. You're in dangerous territory.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Have not taken my Antabuse today, if I drink will I get sick?

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Geekteeth;1166230 wrote: Have not taken my Antabuse today, if I drink will I get sick?
            OMG - don't even think about it. You could get so seriously sick that you could die. No kidding. I'll try and find a link about it. I've never taken it but from what I've read people have had bad reactions from the sherry in Christmas cake, never mind a glass of AL. It is seriously very, very dangerous to drink unless Antabuse is out of your system for several days and it takes at least three days to detox from it if not more.
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Okay - this is what I found after a quick search...

If you drink while taking antabuse, you can experience these symptoms:

Flushing
              Nausea
              Copious Vomiting
              Sweating
              Thirst
              Throbbing in the Head and Neck
              Throbbing Headache
              Respiratory Difficulty
              Chest Pain
              Palpitations
              Dyspnea
              Hyperventilation
              Tachycardia
              Hypotension
              Syncope
              Marked Uneasiness
              Weakness
              Vertigo
              Blurred Vision
              Confusion

Those are the "mild" symptoms. Severe reactions can include respiratory depression, cardiovascular collapse, myocardial infarction, acute congestive heart failure, unconsciousness, arrhythmias, convulsions, and death.

Geek - they're not kidding. Don't risk drinking even tho' you didn't take Antabuse today. It could literally be the last thing you do.

And this...

Antabuse is effective, because you have to wait for one to two weeks before you can have a drink after you stop Antabuse.

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Geekteeth,

Please read everything very carefully in Stirly's posts.

For God's sake don't even think about it.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Geekteeth;1166230 wrote: Have not taken my Antabuse today, if I drink will I get sick?
                  I'm with JC and Stirly here Geekteeth. And Greenie. You are playing with fire. I'd almost say you should ring a hotline if you are really getting tempted to take a drink. Please be careful and think all this through. I imagine the coke won't help hun.:l

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Geekteeth, are you alone? Can you go to an AA meeting or something? Maybe it would be helpful if you put yourself in a setting that required making choices that are in your best interest. Seems like you are at high risk at the moment.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Ben!!! Please, please listen to me. You can not drink for at least 10 days. You can wait 10 days right? You can NOT drink. Sweetie - I told you what happened to me when I drank after 6 days of being off it. What I didn't tell you was that I had only been taking 1/2 a pill every other day. And, I still had a horrible reaction. Ben - please believe everything that Stirly wrote. You are doing great. Hang in there my friend.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Ok I won't. Just really craving right now

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Ben - you can live thru the cravings. :l Sometimes it doesn't seem like it but you can. Who knows that you are AF now? Can you call them and do something with them right now? Go to the movies? Go bowling? Use up some of the excess energy that you might have right now from the coke?
                          Love you xxooxx
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

Geekteeth;1166242 wrote: Ok I won't. Just really craving right now
                            Very good call GK. You were scaring folks that care. No one has mentioned this yet, so I will. If you have any coke left, can you give it away, flush it(I realize that will be hard)? The coke will give you devil may care and I am invincible mindset. Thinking of you and sending you strength!
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

SO TEMPTED!

RingingCedars;1166252 wrote: Very good call GK. You were scaring folks that care. No one has mentioned this yet, so I will. If you have any coke left, can you give it away, flush it(I realize that will be hard)? The coke will give you devil may care and I am invincible mindset. Thinking of you and sending you strength!
                              Geek - I have no idea what coke does either but what RC says makes sense to me. Any narcotic could alter your "reasonable thinking" and turn it into a "nothing will happen" thoughts. Please, if you do have any more coke, get rid of it and please call someone to come and stay with you or go out with you or whatever it takes to get through these cravings. I agree with the others say - please call a family member or friend now.

Comment

Working...
                              X