I think I got this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I got this....

I was in a pretty bad funk the last couple of weeks and with my roommate out of town I was worried I might have tempting thoughts. This weekend has been especially tough, our family had a huge blow out over racist statements made by a family member on Facebook. Friday night was a psychological mess. We have a somewhat dysfunctional family and we are not great at problem resolution. I could have easily slipped and used AL to escape but it didn't even pop in my head. Instead I talked it out with some family members and got a good nights rest. Woke up Saturday clear headed and had a great lunch with my mom.

Its amazing how I used to think I could not deal with problems or loneliness without drinking. But its just the opposite. I can only deal with these thinks by not drinking! Its not even difficult it fact. When I was drinking I was not dealing with anything, I was escaping and making stuff way harder than it ever needed to be.

I am over 5 months sober and life is good, not perfect but no more hangovers or guilt.

For those of you stuck in the cycle of drinking and endless day 1's, get a plan and stick it out. Its seems rough at first but as the time goes by you will be amazed at how much easier and free life is.

Have a wonderful Sunday. It is a beautiful sunny day here and I am going to enjoy a sober hangover free day!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

I think I got this....

AWESOME, red!!! I love your post!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I think I got this....

Way to go! I saw your previous post about being worried, well played to not give in, and a great post for some inspiration on a Sunday, thanks for sharing
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I think I got this....

Way to go! And I am also going to enjoy this hangover and sober free day. I have college classes tomorrow and it will feel great to not have a hangover. Course I never got drunk on a school night, but I did have a few now and then.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I think I got this....

So my brother is an alcoholic...and a very mean one at that. He is trying to tear our family apart. After he wrote mean racist statements on Facebook on Friday night and wrote mean personal attacks against my sister he continued it all by calling and leaving nasty voicemails and sending horrbile text messages all weekend. I finally picked up his call tonight and told him to knock it off. He proceeded to get even nastier and left my mom a voicemail telling that he would not talk to her anymore if she continued to have a relationship with me and my sister. His message was long winded and mean and my mom finally stopped listening to it and deleted it. We have let him know we will not communicate with him as long as this behavoir continues. How do you deal with someone like this? He knows I quit drinking and how much better my life is now. I know you can't reason with an alcoholic but this really hurts my mom.
          AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I think I got this....

red67;1166835 wrote: How do you deal with someone like this?
            Red, maybe you don't HAVE to. I found this thread of sheri's to be very helpful in that respect. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ent-45812.html
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
            X