DriftyAlison0 has 3 months AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DID IT! I did 3 months AF as of today! I have made so many changes for the better. I used to be a person who felt the need to get drunk and wasted 2-3 times (sometimes more) a month. I am now a person who feels the need to stay sober and wants to be sober. I used to plan the days that I would drink, so that I could ether kept to 3-6 beers or made sure that I didn't have much to do the next day so that I could nurse a hangover. Now I plan on the days that I go out, and make sure I bring only enough money for pop, and I can actually do it when I have things to do the next day since I am sober, there is no hangover. I used to be a person who with a hangover had to fight to eat or not eat till I get the shakes from not eating for fear in puking it up. I only ate enough to take headache pills. But now I eat the next day without the fear of puking it up because I have no hangover. I used to have to take short naps off and on the next day because I was tired from drinking the night before. Now I have more energy. Oh one more thing, when I go out, I don't need to pee as often because when I drank sometimes I peed after every beer or most of the time a few times in the night. Now I only have to go a couple of times. And not having the runs the day after due to the AL is nice as well.

:thanks: for everyone for helping me become the sober person that I am today. I am so very grateful to have my faith and you all. I doubt.........in fact I know that I wouldn't be 3 months af today if it wasn't for you all and God. You all are like family to me. And for those who are new :welcome: to this site. Use the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html to set up a plan and stick with it. Take it a day or a minute or hour at a time if you have to. And if you fail, admit your mistake and learn from it so that you can be better prepared for when the situation comes again, you can have the tools to be successful. Becoming sober is the easy part, but staying sober is the tough part and trust me, being sober is so much worth the work.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I was looking at your signature lines on one of your posts and noticed you had 3 months today. You've done a fantastic job and should be very proud!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Whoohoooo Alison! Awesome. That is so inspiring! Definitely something to be very proud of!

Comment

Congratulations, Alison! Great job and keep up the good work! :goodjob:
        "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Your passion, dedication, and stick-to-it'd-ofness has been awesome. Your posts have help more than you, and you deserve at LEAST 2 pats on the back. But don't you feel like a different woman?? Big high fives! :wd: :yay:
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

well done Drifty on your 3 months .MM
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS DRIFTY ON 3 MONTHS SOBER!!!!:yougo::yougo:

You are a fabulous young woman. Keep up the great work!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

CONGRATS ON YOUR 30 AF DAYS DRIFTY!!!!!:yay:

Keep up the great work!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Alison - GREAT JOB!!!!! You are doing amazing and I am learning so much as I follow your journey.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well done Alison!

Watch the treasures unfold before you. Keep it going. You know it's the truth.

Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Keep it up Drifty, seems you and I started about the same time, your screename is one I recognize instantly.........well done, keep it up!! You should be very proud :goodjob:
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Drifty, I am very happy for your success.

Comment

Nice work Drifty!
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Well done driftyalinso, I am delighted for you :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Congratulations Alison on 3 months AF!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!
                              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X