Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 16- The recovering me

Hi All,

Many thanks to all the good people in this forum. I feel that this is one of the best support groups out there.

I am on my day 16 and I am feeling great. As opposed to the last time I went dry, this time I am far more motivated to stay dry. I have found a new addiction for myself and for sure is better one than Alcohol and it is an anti of it. In the last 10 days, I have maintained a strict diet with a whole bunch off supplements, started a rigourous workout regime and have developed a renewed focus on life. I have gained a pound of muscle and lost a pound of fat in the last two weeks and my new target is to gain a whole bunch of muscles in the next 10 weeks and get my body fat percentage to single digits.
    My 2 cents worth, I feel it is absolutely essential for recovering Alkis to take up exercises as i feel it really helps you stay away from cravings, induces a peaceful sleep in the night and reduces withdrawals drastically

Regards,

Vijay

Wow, sounds a LOT like my situation! This is day 15 AF for me, and I have worked out 9 of those 15 days. I also take plenty of supplements and I have been sleeping like a baby!

Sure beats the heck out of the 9 or 10 hangovers I would have had during that period if I hadn't sobered up.
    When push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of.
    You might bend till you break, 'cuz it's all you can take.
    On your knees, you look up, decide you've had enough.

You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off...

Then You Stand.

Comment

beanoc..way to go!!! sounds like you have a great plan. i am now at 2 weeks and 2 days. i too am trying to have a new lease on life with a different addiction. my family and i have been hiking! i am also attempting a juice fast this week with my husband (he just found out he has a fatty liver, not from AL, but bad eating habits) and this was something we found that could help him. i would never usually do this because on monday i would be eating whatever to help me get over my binge drinking from the weekend. i feel so clean now so i want to take it to the utmost extreme (can you tell i have an addictive personality?) well anyway, good luck to you! i wish you the best!
      I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
      sober since 2/4/12

Comment

I agree exercise is a must. I'm a long distance runner and I know it has made a huge difference in my ability to abstain from alcohol. Even when I was drinking I would drink less when I actively ran which is one of several reasons I would escalate my drinking in the winter when I couldn't run.
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
        X