Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 24th August

Sometimes no news is good news Molly.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Morning Molly & KTAB

OH AND I FORGOT TO SAY ...JC YOU ROCK ANOTHER 2.5LBS AND A NEW JOB TOO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO TO YOU:goodjob:
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

I agree Molly..I'm sure there will be a few Prime Ministers/Presidents jobs going soon by the shape of things
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

"shape of things"........still having me visual :H:H

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Zenstyle;1167941 wrote: :H:H:H Yer getting me started now!!! :H

Those cactus "pricks" musta been bad.... *groan*
            :H:H bet they hurt going in too......OMG double groan

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

And on that note I best be off and start to look vaguely interested in my job

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

mollyka;1167931 wrote: s'pose so Tabs, how are you anyhow?
                Pretty darn good so I am. Et tu?

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Good morning Tippers, TF, cirly wirly stirly girly, mariooooooooooo, Zenners, Panno, Mollyka, Tabbers and all those yet to drop by.......

Were you talking about me, me ears were burning

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

It's called the Lifeline Project.

Now I'm quoting from the leaflet.

Our service if for adults living in Newcastle who have, or have had, problems with drug and/or alcohol use.

We aim to provide a safe recover focused on environment enabling individuals to achieve personal goals, reach their potential and gain positive experiences despite barriers and/or social exclusion.
                    I start training 2nd Sept.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Yoo hoo you lot

It's frigging cold here today - the wind chill factor, I guess. I'll brave the cold, though - cannot face the smoking room in the basement of the building.
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Zenstyle;1167958 wrote: Ach that sounds brilliant Jacks!!! ) )
                        It does indeed.
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Ahhhhhhhhhh the messy daughter syndrome.

Now Mollers this is going to be very hard and I am loathe to say it but you may have to do something drastic.

Deep breath...............you may have to brave IKEA. Now you know I wouldn't recommend this lightly as you know I have a great fear of the place. It has benn known for folks to enter the door and never return.

We have the same problem with the son and heir. We've just bought a load of packing cases from said shop. Chucked a load of his stuff in them and put them at the back of the garage. It's up to him if he wants to rummage about and get anything so far he hasn't bothered.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

mollyka;1167949 wrote: Ahh alright KT, just seem to spend my life moaning at the mo. I'm still hating my job - more by the day, hubs is heading into a 3 week spell of working 7 days a week,14 hours a day - so no support there for everything that seems to go wrong when he IS working - plumbing, house alarms, kids acting the bollix etc. Just tired out really. And (now I'm on a rant) much as I love having my daughter home, she is the messiest cow in the world and the house is a shambles, so 'that chat' has to be done. Thank you again for letting me unload army:thanks:
                            And Tabs I'm delighted you are in good form - just to preempt you -- yeah I know - none of the above will be improved with booze --- I know
                            Molly I have said it many times, this place is my sanctuary. If we can unload here where can we? Those closest to us really have no idea of the power of the self damage physically, mentally and spiritually that alcoholism does to us.
                            It is hard to change coping behaviours that have been going on for years. Happy celebrate with a drink, sad drown the sorrows, stressed relax over a few, take your pick.
                            I think one of the most valuable lessons we learn in our sobriety, and this takes a few months, is how to completely relearn these coping mechanisms. No, drinking wont make any situation go away and the problems are still there when we sober up but sometimes we dont even give it any real thought or debate do we, its easier to turn back to the bottle and the fog?
                            So life goes on and we can look at things in two clear ways imo, glass half full or half empty. There will always be everyday problems and hassles but its only when a tragedy strikes close that we are left to ponder, what was I moaning/stressing/complaining about for none of this was really important in the larger picture of life and death.

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Beautifully put, KT. :l

Aww Mollers, go and give that girl of yours a hug from me.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

mollyka;1167975 wrote: Xpost again Tabs, you're so right - everything you say, and generally I am a glass half full sort of person. Just the relentlessness of going into a hateful job 5 days a week, and having lost all my friends where I worked before - they were like a back up mechanism for MWO -- anyway I'll get over it, need to get up now and wipe floors etc. then maybe I won't feel so bad when I'm not stuck to puddles of coke etc in the kitchen:upset:
                                I wasnt in any way trying to make light of where you find yourself Molly, just trying to lift your spirits by seeing how unimportant things like sticky floors really are.

Now enough of glasses half full, spirits etc, enough to drive a man to drink

Comment

Working...
                                X