Army Thread 24th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 24th August

JackieClaire;1168236 wrote: I know it's a damned cheek. He was suppose to give at least 3 months notice if he wanted to leave the scheme.
    :H:H:H
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Where do I sign up for a job as a SA minister.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

howdy
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

JackieClaire;1168240 wrote: Where do I sign up for a job as a SA minister.
          That's not the half of it, JC.

But let's not dwell on it - I just get hot under the collar.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

JackieClaire;1168236 wrote: I know it's a damned cheek. He was suppose to give at least 3 months notice if he wanted to leave the scheme.
            :H:H:H
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Greetings, Inchious
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

And Panno, of course
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Hi inchains

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

And panno :-)

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Zenstyle;1168187 wrote: I just read my post and it sounds pretty bad. But I don't darn well care!

In other news, after watching footage of Andrew (that huge hurricane that totalled South Florida in 92) I'm off to Home Depot for supplies. Andrew wasn't meant to be a big deal but it turned into a monster. I have electric hurricane shutters that haven't been serviced for a couple of years so I'm going to get silicone spray and fire them up. My garage reeks as I've got cans of petrol for the generator in there. In any event, better safe than sorry... even although its a darn hassle.

I'd prefer a hurricane to an earthquake any day though. Those things scare the bejebus outta moi.:huggy to you Zennie-butt. I've never experienced a hurricane and I truly think I prefer an earthquake since they're basically over with within a few minutes even tho' the damage can be horrendous. I still remember following the hurricane that hit Queensland earlier this year and it totally freaked me out. I remember reading of a couple who spent the whole frigging night in their truck in their garage even after both garage doors had been blown out and the noise was so loud that they couldn't hear each other. All night long - hours and hours on end of deafening wind and rain would literally make me crazy.

Is the petrol in your garage a good idea? Do you have a basement? It might be safer there. It couldn't get sucked out or spilled if something happened to the garage. Just saying....

Sure hope things work out with the pharmacy. I'd be going bonkers over that, too. I hate, hate, hate waiting... :stomper:
                      mario;1168206 wrote: Molly,ktab,zens,

I count myself very lucky to have to have a part time job, Where i live you can see the whole area is getting worse and the people,good people getting more depressed,actually its very worrying.Mario - basically things are crappy all over Europe from what I understand. And we should be grateful for whatever job we have. Our family hasn't been affected that much, so far, because of the type of businesses we're in. However, we certainly have a much smaller income than we had in our family business but our expenses are limited since we have no employees since younger son left and basically it's just Mr. Stirly and moi. We bought our apartment 6 years ago but we paid cash for it so we have no mortgage payments. Just regular stuff like food, water and hydro bills and of course taxes. And we can limit our own personal expenses as much as we need to. Not that we spend a lot of money but if it was necessary, there are a few things we could cut out and not notice it.
                      JackieClaire;1168214 wrote:
                      Oddly enough I rang our benefit people this am and not surprisingly I qualify for absolutely naff all.

It is depressing, mario. The unemployment in the under 25s in the UK is at a record high.
                      Jackie - it's not only in the UK - it's everywhere. We have a compounded problem here that I don't know if it's usual in the other countries of Europe - we have a lot of immigrants who are willing to work for lower than basic wages and don't care if they have health insurance so the employers get off without paying their share of the benefits and they pay lower wages. I'm not talking about factories and such - I'm talking about manual outdoor labour. And the worse part is that these people live as cheaply as possible to be able to send a portion of their wages to families back home. It is estimated that a million euro a day leave Greece and go to the immigrants' father lands. That's a lot of money that is 1. going to other countries and 2. is not being spent in Greece to bolster our economy.
                      Nuff of that.

mario;1168234 wrote:
                      :H

:blush:sorry may he rest in peace:blush:
                      Mario - my reaction exactly. It's Jackie's way of wording her posts....
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Folksies: I'm going to make it an early night. I'll be in Cape Town until very late tomorrow, so I need my rest.

I'll see yo uon the morrow.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Just read back the economy is def not being helped by the banks - I just lost a sale today a chap could not get a mortgage anywhere and he had a ?200 thousand deposit!! Oh and he is a vet !!
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Hi all sorry to be slow on my phone so x posts - off for my tea have a lovely eve x

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

night tips
                              I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 24th August

Night mr tips.

Comment

Working...
                                X