Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i relapsed and feel awful

Oh God.

I had a beer today, in the late august sun - it felt good but then it felt awful. I had half of it and walked away - but half of it was too much.

I am sat in my apartment wanting to go and have another one in the sun.

I was doing so well, and i let my guard down. I don't want to go back to how I was, i want to stay away from AL.

My, I know how disappointed you are, but you walked away, and you didn't go back. That's major, dear. Some people just can't do that, and your conscience is working on helping you overcome this. Don't give up, just be on guard, OK?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Yes at least you didn't go back. But why was the beer there? And could you make sure that you keep AL out of your house? I may be around AL every time I go out, but I make sure that I don't claim any of it, and I don't have any AL of mine in the house. There is some, but thats my moms (its been there for months, she drinks occasionally and only a couple of drinks when she does it) and unless I get permission, I don't touch it. I don't struggle with it there because I know its not mine. But if I call it mine, I would want to drink it till its gone. That is why I drank the most when I went out. When I bought beer home, and didn't finish it that night, I would drink it the next night till it was gone (usually had 1 to 2 left) or struggle not to. But those days are gone and boy do I feel better.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I met a friend in a cafe and it just went from there. Fortunately he got called and had to go pick someone up from the train station and I took that as a signal to leave.

I'm glad I left, and not going back- the issue I have...my wife is away three days for work...when I tell her I can just picture the disappointment on her face. That is the part that tears me up...

Comment

Holey-- you stopped before things got out of control-- I know how hard it is to resist that pull when it is so nice out and drink is associated with fun times. You wll probably beat yourself up more than your wife ever would-- I do not advocate you being dishonest but do not approach it like you are a failure-- the fact that you stopped shows that is not true. Let a bit of time pass betwen now and when you decide what to say to her, think of all your accomplishments and how well you have done so far and weigh that against a half of a beer-- and you may feel a bit different. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X