Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 30th August

Good Morning Troopers!!

Hiya to Mrs. A, Molly-bint, Saucy, ExPatty and JackieClaire (almost didn't see you two) Mr. Tips, KTABbers, Mario-man, and soon-to-be-on-holidays EW.. And :hallo: to those who drop by later.

Hope you all have a very...

EW - best holiday wishes to you and Mrs. EW. I expect Monkey will be going along as well...

ExPatty - I saw your pictures and that must have been an incredibly difficult time for you. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to go through something like that. No wonder you still get upset when the anniversary of Katrina comes around. I must say that I greatly admire your strength to have picked up and gone to yet another foreign country and start all over again. You are indeed a very strong woman. Be proud of what you've accomplished and how you've made a happy new life for your children and yourself. Even tho' things are tough at times, you, my dear are a true survivor.:heart:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Morning Expatty,:l

Bon Voyage, EW.
      Gather some Euros while you can and give us a check in from a tinterweb cafe when you can. Worked for Damo from Dublin really well apart from a load of disgruntled teenagers wanting to FB.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Thank you everyone for your support.:l
        I was in New Orleans from 2001-2005.
        Going to check out how piglet is doing. As you all know-Brisbane suffered from horrible flooding too. It's so wonderful to see how that beautiful city has come back. Saucy is doing a great job showing us around.

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Crikey suffering from a bad case of Xpost syndrome this morning.

Morning Cirly Wirly Stirly Girly.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 30th August

JackieClaire;1171035 wrote: Crikey suffering from a bad case of Xpost syndrome this morning.

Morning Cirly Wirly Stirly Girly.
            That happens a lot here Jackie. :H

BTW - how is your frozen shoulder? Has it gotten better? And someone asked you about your foot a day or so ago. What happened there?

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Morning all,

just dropping by for a minute to show my ugly mug. Won't have time to read back until later. Off to see my alcohol worker in a sec. Think he will be giving up on me as a lost cause soon. Wouldn't blame him TBH. :upset: Anyway, hope all is well in the barracks and that everyone has a great week!

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Morning Reccy,
                He'll not give up on you yet. I kept bouncing back to mine over a period of about 5 years and not once did he give up on me.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Reccie, whoever gives up on you the army wont.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Doing it again. Xposting.

Frozen shoulder is back to normal, Stirls. Still get the odd twinge but nothing a couple of mild painkillers won't put right.

The ankle just feels like I've sort of turned on it. It gets a wee bit more painful as the day goes on but again a couple of painkillers and it's sorted.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 30th August

If you were a horse.....just sayin.....

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Recluse;1171037 wrote: Morning all,

just dropping by for a minute to show my ugly mug. Won't have time to read back until later. Off to see my alcohol worker in a sec. Think he will be giving up on me as a lost cause soon. Wouldn't blame him TBH. :upset: Anyway, hope all is well in the barracks and that everyone has a great week!
                        Good to see you Reccie. I was starting to get a bit worried, having not seen your cute face for many days.

I doubt your alcohol worker will give up on you. I'm sure he's seen similar cases and much worse cases than yours. The thing is - why are you giving up on yourself? That, my dear friend, is the question. I know you've got a lot of issues and a lot of things to work out but slowly putting one foot in front of the other will eventually get you going down the path to getting your health back and getting the AL situation under control. I know I'm using phrases that you've heard over and over but they happen to be true. Maybe your AL worker can help you find another angle to approach the problem from or help you make a plan that will not put too much pressure on you but will get you heading in the right direction. You've been imprisoned in that bottle long enough. There's a whole new life out there and things to be seen and things to do. I know you like your "recluse-ivity" and that's fine but you'd be better off being by yourself and having some hobbies or something to do than keeping company with AL. It can be done. You just have to want it bad enough. So I hope you have a good session with your worker and maybe find a new way to approach your AL problem. Let us know how it goes. We're all here for you in any way that we can help. :huggy

Comment

Army thread 30th August

JackieClaire;1171040 wrote: Doing it again. Xposting.

Frozen shoulder is back to normal, Stirls. Still get the odd twinge but nothing a couple of mild painkillers won't put right.

The ankle just feels like I've sort of turned on it. It gets a wee bit more painful as the day goes on but again a couple of painkillers and it's sorted.Good to hear about the shoulder. Hope you get the ankle straightened out soon.
                          KTAB;1171041 wrote:
                          If you were a horse.....just sayin.....
                          :H:H:H

Comment

Army thread 30th August

KTAB;1171041 wrote: If you were a horse.....just sayin.....
                            Har de har.

Now sit back with a cup of coffee and I'll tell you a tale about when I used to work for a vets.

Many moons ago I used to work as a general dogsbody in a veterinary practice that were responsible for overseeing the well being of the horses at the local racecourse.

Alas the day came when the unthinkable happened when the senior vet had to do the awful deed of shooting a horse after it broke it's leg. Unfortunately for the owner to claim insurance, tests had to be made at a central veterinary practice in Newmarket to decide if the putting down of the horse was the only option.

As you can imagine transporting and costs huge beast of a race horse from Newcastle to Newmarket were phenomenal.

So picture the scene a very ,very young JC carrying a very long and very heavy parcel to the post office. Only to be told on my return it was the horse's leg.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Jeez hope it didnt get delayed in the post, not to mention the poor postie on his bike.

Comment

Army thread 30th August

I was mortified,KT, but thinking back it was probably some kind of initiation for the newbie.

A bit like when we gave the new receptionist a dead budgie wrapped in newspaper and told her it was her fish and chips.

I have to say that it used to break the hearts of the vets if it happened.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X