Army thread 30th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 30th August

Jackie - that must have given you nightmares. OMG, I can't imagine. You know when I hear stories like that, I can fully understand why our dear Beagle does not like being a vet. You know, animals dying in spite of your best efforts and animals having to be put down. Not a fun thing to do. I guess that goes for a lot of doctors too. Anyway, to change the subject. I'm outta here for a bit. Laterz....
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Ach our vet might be big and gruff and business like but I know he's got a huge heart. Mind you it took an awful lot of red wine to get him to admit that.

I'm orff to do stuff in the kitchen.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 30th August

I know, its horrible to watch if a leg snaps on the racecourse, I turn away.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Just a quick nip in and out to say

Enkosi or should it be Ndiyabulela to Tippers.

Just got a clue right in me crossword, if I win the ?1500 I'll stick a fiver in the post.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 30th August

KTAB;1171039 wrote: Reccie, whoever gives up on you the army wont.
            Thanks ktabs.

KTAB;1171041 wrote:
            If you were a horse.....just sayin.....
            Didn't have time to respond earlier, but that sent me off with a laugh! :H:H:H

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Hello Reccie:l
              Did it go ok?

Comment

Army thread 30th August

JackieClaire;1171040 wrote: Frozen shoulder is back to normal, Stirls. Still get the odd twinge but nothing a couple of mild painkillers won't put right.

The ankle just feels like I've sort of turned on it. It gets a wee bit more painful as the day goes on but again a couple of painkillers and it's sorted.
                Ditto what stirly said.

JackieClaire;1171045 wrote: So picture the scene a very ,very young JC carrying a very long and very heavy parcel to the post office. Only to be told on my return it was the horse's leg.
                Oh no!!!!

JackieClaire;1171047 wrote:
                I have to say that it used to break the hearts of the vets if it happened.
                It must be such a horrible thing to have to do. Not only do you have to put the poor creature out of its misery, you also have to try to treat the distraught owner with kindness. I imagine (and hope) that dealing with these kinds of situations would be part of a vet's training, though.

Comment

Army thread 30th August

JackieClaire;1171064 wrote: Just a quick nip in and out to say

Enkosi or should it be Ndiyabulela to Tippers.

Just got a clue right in me crossword, if I win the ?1500 I'll stick a fiver in the post.
                  Now I'm curious. More details, pliz.

Hiya Recciebear & Expattie :hallo:
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Hello Tips!
                    How's work today? Did you have a nice lunch?

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Hello expatty :l and tips

It went fine patty. I said to my alcohol worker that I was worried about him giving up on me because of my lack of progress and he said words to the effect that he felt that we are only in the very early stages of dealing with the problem. That was exactly what I needed to hear, because it takes some of the pressure off.

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Are you still on hols expatty?

Comment

Army thread 30th August

stirly-girly;1171048 wrote:
                          Jackie - that must have given you nightmares. OMG, I can't imagine. You know when I hear stories like that, I can fully understand why our dear Beagle does not like being a vet. You know, animals dying in spite of your best efforts and animals having to be put down. Not a fun thing to do. I guess that goes for a lot of doctors too. Anyway, to change the subject. I'm outta here for a bit. Laterz....
                          Gosh, do the docs put people down where you are stirly?!!!

Comment

Army thread 30th August

I go back to work tomorrow to start planning my classes.
                            I'm glad it went ok Reccie. It takes time. I posted earlier that I wish I had found MWO earlier but in a weird way-I guess the timing was right. I was ready.

Comment

Army thread 30th August

Hmmm..just a little reflective post since I'm in kind of a pensive mood.
                              I was thinking about how having a drinking problem has changed the way I see the world. Years ago when I was a student-I came to study French literature at the Institut Catholique. I had a job in a restaurant around the Bastille area. At the time it was a really cool area kind of like Camden Town. One night a homeless- very drunk man stumbled into the restaurant to ask for change. The manager -in a very rude way-kicked him out. Pretty much totally humiliated the man. Like most people, I too was disgusted and glad to have a stinky slurring old guy out of the dining area. But one waitress became furious with the manager and said-ok he can't stay here but you could have led him out quietly. Treated him with a bit more respect. You don't know what he's gone through in his life to get to that point.- Wow. I was shocked by her reaction. And now when I look back, I think what a kind hearted girl she was. I didn't have a clue. I never got to the state that the old drunk man was-thank God-but I can say that my drinking and hitting my rock bottom has given me a very different perspective on viewing others. So while in no way am I happy that I have this problem, I think it has given me a compassion and love for others that did not quite exist in me before. And I still think about that waitress and the lesson she taught me.

Comment

Army thread 30th August

expat3;1171086 wrote: I go back to work tomorrow to start planning my classes.
                                I'm glad it went ok Reccie. It takes time. I posted earlier that I wish I had found MWO earlier but in a weird way-I guess the timing was right. I was ready.
                                I can totally relate to what you said about the timing, expatty. When I was seeing my first alcohol worker, I wasn't ready. I couldn't open up enough to her, so she didn't understand what she was dealing with, which made it very difficult for her to try to help. MWO has helped me in the past few months to find the courage to open up to the professionals who are trying to help me. I honestly never thought I would be able to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X