Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 1st September 2011

Good evening peeps.

Panno - again best wishes for your birthday. Hope your girls help make it a very special one. inkele:

JC - I didn't realize you weren't feeling so well this a.m. Glad to hear you're better and baking. You'll be a big hit at work. Well you would be anyway even if you didn't bring fresh baked goodies.

Hope Tipster is feeling better.

Starty, best of luck with this job. Someone said earlier that if you didn't get one of those two other jobs, then neither of them were meant to be. I agree 100%. I see examples around me all the time of people thinking that a good opportunity was missed and in the end something better comes along.

Hiya to Inchy and Reccie.

This for the Panda.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llgw_5BgbjI&feature=related[/video]]Free Man In Paris - Joni Mitchell - YouTube
    Unfortunately, it's not live. I loved the one of her yesterday playing that odd instrument and wearing that pink dress. Seeing that video I realized that my one niece has very similar bone structure to Joni Mitchell's.

Don't have much time to post - I'll be in and out a bit and want to try to get to bed a bit earlier tonight.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yo Stirly & Mollers.

Just a bad night's lack of sleep fairy coupled with a bit of a niggling sore throat for the last couple of days. I'll be as right as rain in no time.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Honestly Molls, I nearly pooped when it happened to us.

Despite me card being used for a load of things I would never buy I started to think maybe I'd done it on one of my drunken on-line shopping sprees.

The cheeky mare had even topped up her phone with ?50.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1172139 wrote: Honestly Molls, I nearly pooped when it happened to us.

Despite me card being used for a load of things I would never buy I started to think maybe I'd done it on one of my drunken on-line shopping sprees.

The cheeky mare had even topped up her phone with ?50.
          Hi again Troopers.

Just out of curiosity, because I have no idea, what is card scamming? And sorry if I'm being indiscreet, who did it? I haven't had a credit card for years, only cash cards that can be used for withdrawal from our account and maybe be used to pay for a purchase straight from our account, but I'm not sure. We only ever pay cash. Don't mean to sound uppity or anything but that's the system that's always worked for us right from the start. If we had the money, we bought something, if we didn't, well no purchase was made. Mr. Stirly gets freaked out if he owes money. He likes to pay the bills as soon as they get here. No waiting til the due date. I'd pay them 6 months later if it was up to me. I had a credit card at one point and took advantage of it. Mr. Stirly only ever used it once during the three years that we had it. Anyway, at one point we paid off the balance and cut the fecker up. Anyway, back to my original question, what is card scamming...

Off to have a quick shower....
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

card scamming is when somebody has your card details and uses them to buy a whole load of stuff with the money in your account. it's basically fraud and theft in one horrible bundle and I'm very sorry to ehar you've had to deal with that molly -hugs-

and on that note, howdy army
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

There'a bit of a read for you when you get out the shower, Stirls.

Card skimming

Edit: Sorry didn't answer the question. No idea who did it or how. Once it was established that my card was being used fraudulently they put a stop on it, issued new ones and it went straight to their fraud department.

We got all the money back that was spent as well.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yo Inchy,

Beautifully put.

And it isn't just credit cards it's ATM cards as well.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

think if somebody tried it with my card they'd just end up sending me a donation out of pity xD

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

I'm gonna have to love yous and leave yous I need to get this CRB form filled in.

I'll bet me bottom dollar I can't find a black pen.

Bacinabit.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

i should really be more careful with my card, i rarely take cash out because both my brother and sister steal from me so everythings done on the card, thankfully my bank has a system whereby I'm called if a large purchse is made on my card unexpectedly, my spending habits seem unusual or anything of that nature. I still feel pretty nervous about using it for online stuff though

Comment

Evening all, just back in from work,

Long day hope every one is well.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Night molly, am chillin out now, night and see you tomorrow morning :-) sleep tight & dont let the bed bugs bite or something like that :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

evening, any lurkers?

Comment

Working...
                            X