X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 2 September 2011

Good morning

Whew! An early start today so I decided to take the risk of a double thread and just go for it!:H
    I was actually awake twenty minutes before the alarm went off. Brain on overdrive about going back to work fulltime today. But at least it's Friday-so only one day and then the weekend before the serious start Monday morning.
    Happy positive Friday everyone. xxx

Comment

Morning Expattie & all to follow.

Hope work is OK, Pattie :l

I'm going to stay home today. Still feeling shite.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning/evening Army! Hiya Expatty and Molly and hope you feel better soon Tippy!

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1172297 wrote:

I'm going to stay home today. Still feeling shite.
          Oh put your little woolly hat on, rub some Vegemite on the soles of your feet and you'll be fine in no time!

Morning Overies - have a grand day and remember ... not too many shopping days till Christmas ...

Comment

Awww see she does care Tips........

Morning army, can really start to see a turn in the season here with autumnal colours breaking out, where are the years going.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

mollyka;1172321 wrote: Hey Saucy -- how's you today?

Had the most vivid dream last night - hate other peoples dreams, but this one was like it was really happening -- on a cruise with the disappearing woman -- she was TINY and absolutely gorgeous, but we kept having to clamber up and down stairs and everywhere I went someone was handing me a gin and tonic and I was slugging them left right and centre, and was so smug in the dream that no one - including Ms Marple would notice ---- dillusionary even in dreams huh Actually haven't had a drinking dream since I don't know when --- not nice, but lovely to wake up sober
              AND you do not even like gin??

Hi everyone.

Hope you feel better soon tips. I hate feeling shite it is such a waste of a day.

Number 3 daughter has just informed me she is arriving next Monday en route from Hawaii to Oslo to spend a week with us and her sisters. (all in my house)
              So even more chaos to come.

Comment

Hi Anon, chaotic house full better than a lonely empty nest I reckon.
                Molly at least you can ring your bank, the number they give out for mine goes to a control centre who vet all the calls, unless you mention its your business account that is who put you straight through to the branch.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning Army and good evening to our special Undie visitors!!

Molly - best of luck with the bank.

Tips - hope you're feeling better soon.

ExPatty - hope you have a relaxing day at work and as Molly said - enjoy your weekends.

KTAB - I miss the leaves turning colour. We don't have trees like maple and oak that change colour in the fall in this area. About the only ones that are noticeable are the fig trees and they just turn a yucky yellow-brown and fall off the tree. I used to love to take drives in the country back home when Fall was at it's height. One of nature's truly beautiful sights is a forest of trees in the fall with the the leaves turned different colours.

Troopers - hope you all

Sorry but I couldn't resize this photo....
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning Army, just woke up

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mollyka;1172369 wrote: Yeah MrsA -- good thing is if it had been a voddie dream I might have enjoyed it - so RESULT I reckon

I'm with you on the chaotic house - jeez, this place is like O Connell St. I never ever have the place to myself at the mo. -- and (like you I'm sure) I love them all to bits, but just a teency weency bit of me time and less cooking would be sooooo good wouldn't it:l

Got onto Geraldine (aka Elaine, Geraldine not there) and I have to say I'm impressed with an 'efficient bank' - never thought I'd put those two words together again. They had the block up on the card the minute an 'irregular' group of transactions happened - they already reversed the Emobile one - dunno how they did that, and the only thing that slipped through was a 20euro O2 phone credit. They will refund me everything else as soon as I return a form I received this morning, and the fraud squad are on to the two bigger ones -- great start to the day!!
                      X-post Molls. I'm at work and trying to write and answer phone calls at the same time.Good news on getting that straightened out.

I can't say that I missed it that much when younger son moved out because I got his room as my "office" when he left. And he was working with us in the family business so I still got to see him three days a week at work. And when older son had moved out some years ago - the same thing happened then. I sort of took over his room as there was computer there and a very comfortable chair for reading. I also saw lots of him too so that was okay. Less food to cook and clothes to wash and iron. Besides that, I liked the idea of them living on their own or with a girlfriend. Most kids here live with their parents til they get married and they get married late over here. Most of them are close to 30 by the time they finally get married. Does them good to live by themselves and see what it means to keep up an apartment and pay for all their expenses.

Mrs. A - sounds like you're going to have a real houseful. If your daughters are anything like myself and my two sisters, any males within a kilometre won't be able to get a word in edgewise. I always said that my Father was a man of few words. The truth is that with my sisters and I and our Mom talking non-stop, the poor man didn't have much of a chance to say anything....:H:H

Comment

mollyka;1172383 wrote: Mornin Stirly! My daughter tells me about Autumn in Canada - it sounds fabulous, and it must be if she's impressed, cos actually our Autumns here are lovely. Now have to dig out my best clobber and get the hair sorted, really looking forward to a girly lunch -- love it!I had to look up "clobber" in the dictionary...:H:H Oh, I remember you saying you were going out to lunch with some new co-workers. That is great because I know you miss your friends from your old workplace. Really glad to hear it. Hope you have a great time. We'll want details...
                        mario;1172382 wrote:
                        Morning Army, just woke up
                        :wavin: Mario. Hope you had a good rest.

I expect JC's gone to her new job and that's why she's not checked in here yet.

Comment

Mrs marios birthday today :-)

Comment

Well there is a lovely clean respectable mcdonalds up the road from me and i was thinking of getting mrs mario a happy meal with extra fries and large coke.

Love is blind ya know.

Comment

Molly, its the thought that counts ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X