Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone be prepared to talk to me, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to have to ask this, and I'm not sure whether it's possible, but I wondered if anyone would be prepared to talk to me, maybe on PM or something. I have tried to be always positive on this forum posting about the good things and achievements and stuff. I think it's good for people to read inspiring stories.
    But inside I don't feel like that some of the time. I am in a bit of a confused mess at the moment. I don't really feel ready to post it on a forum, but maybe that will change.
    I've done 5 and a half months AF and that does feel really good. But my head is all over the place some days, and try hard as my friends do, no-one really understands because they haven't been there themselves.
    To admit there is a problem scares the hell out of me. To drink again scares the hell out of me. I am so confused. Can anyone listen please?
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Ping, do you know how to get on chat? I'll meet you there if you can.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I didn't know there was a chat function on here?

I just kind of meant on PMs if that works

I guess I want to talk to someone who understands a bit, and it's not urgent as in I am not going to drink tonight!!! But it is doing my head in the more it goes on and I can't find a way to talk it out with someone. I have to go out for dinner now and I won't be drinking even though it will be assumed I am. Grrrrrrrrr
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

Ping,
        You can PM me as well

Comment

Hi Corinne,

Congrats on your 5 1/2 AF months ~ that's terrific!
          I think I do understand the confused feelings, I sure had them too! I think, for me at least it just took some time to get to know myself as a non-drinking & non-smoking adult!!!! That was a brand new concept & I wasn't sure how I'd adapt but I did. You will too if you give yourself a bit more time. Developing an attitude of gratitude helped me a lot too.

Feel free to PM me if you like
          Keep up the great work!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1172713 wrote: Hi Corinne,

Congrats on your 5 1/2 AF months ~ that's terrific!
            I think I do understand the confused feelings, I sure had them too! I think, for me at least it just took some time to get to know myself as a non-drinking & non-smoking adult!!!! That was a brand new concept & I wasn't sure how I'd adapt but I did. You will too if you give yourself a bit more time. Developing an attitude of gratitude helped me a lot too.

Feel free to PM me if you like
            Keep up the great work!

Lav
            yeah that's it I think, I don't know myself without alcohol and I am finding it really difficult, like I don't know what I am doing any more or where I belong, I lived under this blanket of wine and vodka before and used it to cheer me up when I felt down (!?!) and to cope socially. WIthout it I feel dull and uninteresting. I don't quite know how to find myself as this new person.
            I;m fine when I am busy and at work but the days I dont' work or the evenings I am a bit lost.
            Also I'm still scared about admitting there was even a problem in the first place. I have almost convinced myself that it was nowhere as bad as I remembered it which is kind of scary when I read back my blogs...
            Corinnex

Comment

Hey Connie,

First of of grats on the time away from AL, thats a remarkable achievement! I dont have much time this holiday weekend to chat, but, at anytime I would be more than willing to converse with you.

I sort of feel in the same boat you do and we could probably bounce some ideas off each other. Im still suffering from the honeymoon being over syndrome.

Maybe the two of us can stumble on some sort of reason, or something I dont know, but Im always willing to talk privately, publicly, on the phone, smoke signals, doesnt matter to me.

Hit me up if ya want
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Interesting the word 'honeymoon' was used. In a marriage, when the honeymoon is over, the business work of building a life begins. Same with sobriety, IMHO.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;1173499 wrote: Interesting the word 'honeymoon' was used. In a marriage, when the honeymoon is over, the business work of building a life begins. Same with sobriety, IMHO.
                  very very wise words I think

I have used the phrase "what now?" to describe how I am feeling.....

the first few weeks felt awesome, and now the ongoing reality of how to go forward is really on my mind more than I would like..

Comment

Corinne,

I am figuring out as I go along & you can do it too
                    I look at this as a chance to finally be the person I've always wanted to be.......

Try some new hobbies or ressurect old ones. I've gotten very interested in meditation & the calmness it brings. I'm having a blast having total access to my three grandkids which I surely would not have had if I continued drinking.

Make a gratitude list!
                    Look at this: The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies
                    I've been a member there for several years
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X